Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Hybrid View

Default HOWTO: Configure ISBoxer (key maps) like a pro - all games

This is a little something I've been working on. Some people have already based their configuration on this concept (before I wrote the HOWTO) for more than just WoW.

This is a bit different than you might be expecting in this particular forum, because this is not WoW-specific and does not contain suggestions for WoW Macros for you to use in combat. Rather, it will show you how to abstract combat so that you can use the same simple system whether you are playing WoW, SWTOR, EQ2, LOTRO, RIFT, or any other MMORPG of this style, and whether you are playing the same class or a mix of different classes. This is done by setting up Hotkeys with specific meanings, e.g. "DPS Rotation" or "Stun", and then defining the class-specific implementations (of "DPS Rotation" and "Stun") in their own Key Maps.

There's also a sample configuration included.

So here's the guide:
    http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Config...xer_like_a_pro

This is absolutely a work in progress, and I welcome any feedback!

Also, this is the kind of configuration that -- at least for WoW, because of the ISBoxer Addon -- we can share WoW Macro Sets and class-specific Key Maps, and have things pretty much plug and play. You could technically use the example, which covers (in basic fashion) my Holy Paladin, Blood DK and Frost DKs. And you can each share your own and help each other out.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Well done!

Ooh, very nice thank you Lax

I've been using this system for a couple of months in both 5-boxing WoW (7 teams) and 6-boxing EQ2 (3 teams). Lax has done a fantastic job of creating a system that works well for most (all?) games. Just using this system forces you to think about your abilities and how and when they should be used. It does take extra work to set up but I think that is repaid over time as the system is very flexible.

Alge, can you share your macro sets for WoW? I'm working on getting this set up for my teams and as Lax said, this approach is a perfect means of sharing macro sets.

Lax, do you have any thoughts on a place where we can share these macro sets? I could set something up in github if that seems like a useful idea...

I can do that. As long as people are aware that they are a work in progress, should only be used as examples and some classes I only have at fairly low levels. I am happy to answer questions about how or why I did things as I did but will not be providing support if you choose to use these as-is because I do not consider them ready for release.

General
    Druid
    Mage
    Paladin
    Shaman
    Priest
    Warlock
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Death Knight

To load one of these Macro Sets into ISBoxer, follow one of the above links to privatepaste.com, click the Download Paste link, hit Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C to copy the paste to your clipboard. Then in ISBoxer, in the top pane, expand Game Helpers and click on World of Warccraft. In the bottom left pane, right click on Macro Sets and select Paste WoW Macro Set from Clipboard.
    Last edited by Alge : 05-21-2012 at 07:10 AM Reason: Links to Macro Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Alge View Post
    I can do that. As long as people are aware that they are a work in progress, should only be used as examples and some classes I only have at fairly low levels. I am happy to answer questions about how or why I did things as I did but will not be providing support if you choose to use these as-is because I do not consider them ready for release.

General::::::
    maybe u need to copy on somewhere !

NOTICE: Due to continous abuse, privatepaste.com will be shutting down August 1st, 2012.

Multiboxing from Spain!

+sticky
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

Lax, I've just noticed in your example configuration file that you haven't virtualized Virtual Combat for each Character as described in the HOWTO. Is this intentional for some reason or just an oversight?

Thanks Alge, not sure how I missed that. Fixed
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start