Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: DK Boosting

Default DK Boosting

OK, i finished my video, and I put times and things in the description in case you miss them in the video.

Stockades - 3 minutes (250k exp/hr for a lvl ~15-16)
    SM: Cath - 3 minutes 20 seconds (449k exp/hr for a lvl ~23-24)
    Scholomance - 8 minutes (687k exp/hr for a lvl ~35)
    Lower and Upper Blackrock Spire - 24 minutes (575k exp/hr for a lvl ~50)
    Hellfire Ramparts - 4 minutes (2.26 million exp/hr for a lvl ~57-58)
    Sethekk Halls - 6 minutes (2.2 million exp/hr for a lvl ~63)
    Magister's Terrace - 7 minutes (2 million exp/hr for a lvl ~65-66)
    Utgarde Keep - 9 minutes (1.5 million exp/hr for a lvl ~68-69)

These were just my first runs when they because available on my new team, so I wasn't trying for anything really "fast as possible" just showcasing the efficiency of a DK.

I also stopped in UBRS to do the "Leeeeroy" achievement just for laughs, and I accidentally killed my locks in Sethekk Halls by getting too close to the boss. Keep your alts away from that boss, he will teleport on them sometimes.

Feel free to break these records, but I mainly wanted to show that ranged instant aoe is best for boosting
    Last edited by Mokoi : 05-13-2012 at 05:09 AM Reason: Fixed the link. Sorry for the delay

This video has been removed because it is too long.

Getting an error accessing the video, it says it was removed for being to long.

Yeah... crap im sorry guys.. ill fix it.

헐!!! 유튜브 완전 바보야!!!

Thank you so much for sharing all your educational material
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

I think the main record to beat is the time to 80 while boosting (~20 hours). Single instance records don't mean a lot (to me, anyway) because for 50% of the time that you're boosting, you're waiting for the instance lock to be lifted regardless of whether you finished the instance in 3 minutes or 4 minutes.

Here are some comments:

Stockades - Cannot comment as I used SFK from 11 - 20
    SM: Cath - Do you only do Cathedral? Do you not do Library and Armory to help alleviate the instance lock timer?
    Scholomance - I don't clear all of Scholomance. I only clear to Razorgore and the room with the neutral mobs that turn on you. I remember being in Scholomance for only 5 runs anyway before moving to LBRS/UBRS.
    LBRS/UBRS - I definitely do not clear this entire instance -- past a certain point you're waiting around for bosses or walking around way too much.
    Hellfire Ramparts - You should be careful where you kill mobs by the first boss because if you park your guys at the instance entrance, you're right on the border for not receiving any XP. With the increased speed on your video I can't tell whether you move them forward a few steps, leave them where they enter, or have them on tow.
    Sethekk Halls - I actually do this instance different and I park my team in the first room after I clear it. On my Prot Warrior I can do this instance from start to finish in 5:15. I have no proof, but I only know this time because I commented on it in IRC when I was boosting saying it was a very good instance.
    Magister's Terrace - I used Shadow Labyrinth to get to 70 because I hadn't added Wrath onto my accounts at the time or else I would have only used it up to 68 and moved on to UK. Shadow Labyrinth's first 3 rooms are packed with mobs and it was much easier for me to move from Sethekk Halls over to Shadow Labyrinth rather than going anywhere else.
    Utgarde Keep - No idea, quit playing before added Wrath to the accounts.

I alter my runs on instances like Scholomance and LBRS/UBRS that take forever to do a full clear. When there's too much walking, waiting, or I just don't feel there's enough reward for moving past a certain point, I alter my runs. I'm sure there are some people that don't like the instance lockout timers and they would rather just sit at the computer and boost non-stop. On the other hand, I like to take a break every once in a while and the instance lockouts force me to do so. It's nice to get a little stretching in or some light cardio to get the blood flowing rather than just sitting at the computer for 20 hours straight.

I was also going to do an instance boosting video sorta like this, but after hearing about the changes to Scarlet Monastery in MoP I decided I would hold off until then to make it. It wasn't going to be about speed runs but it was going to be showing what level ranges and what instances I felt were best to boost in (with alternatives being offered) and what the expected time was from 1 - 80. Here's to hoping that Blizzard increases RaF to 85 shortly after MoP's release.

Blog Entries

Actual time, is probably the best measure.
    You can log out, and have very little /played time...

But I'd rather have a team to 80th, in a long weekend with 30 hours played.
    Than a team to 80th, over two weeks with only 22 hours played.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

It's good to see where others park their lowbies, and the routes they take.
    A series of video examples, in one thread, will be a very useful tool for others.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Actual time, is probably the best measure.
    You can log out, and have very little /played time...
    You're right... I wouldn't expect anyone to stay logged in if they're going for an actual record/speed run. I guess what I meant was that, if you're trying your hardest to do the fastest run for each instance every time, and you're not actually attempting to break any records, that it could burn you out faster than if you were just casually running through the instances and killing things at your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    It's good to see where others park their lowbies, and the routes they take.
    A series of video examples, in one thread, will be a very useful tool for others.
    Of course, but AOE looting in MoP is one of the major reasons I have held off on new teams for now -- I hate missing the loot, and at the same time, I really hate looting all of those bodies.

Are these XP/hour numbers with or without the RAF bonus?
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance