Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default should i or should i not

so im on my first 5 man team pally 3 shammys and a priest as healer.
    i tried deadmines an didnt turn out as well as i thought it would.

maybe i was making to big of pulls im not sure but i would pull.
    get the fight goin hit grid to heal and wouldnt have time to cast.
    the heal off and id wind up dien

pally is spec as prot right now shammys are ele and priest is disc.
    should i level a bit more before i start runing instances or what.

ive got my hotkeys 1-0 only use to 5 right now.
    should i set up certin rotations or do ret untill certin level?

maybe do some macros for everyone

im trying to get a bunch of 85s before july 27th thats when my raf runs out.
    my current team is all 15th level
    im wanting a sortment of 85s to run instances alone
    this just happens to be my very first 5 man team

im kind of looking for some different strategies here

Your current team being only level 15 means they are likely lacking various abilities that they will need. CC to limit pull sizes, pre-casting heals, bubbles, hots, burst, etc. Not to mention things like gear and talents. If your tank can't survive the hits until a heal goes off, going ret probably won't help.

You said this is your first 5man team, you can probably expect to spend a lot of time wiping repeatedly as you learn the mechanics of fights and how to make your team work for you. Tanking, healing and DPS is a lot to manage while learning how to multibox that many toons and learn what's happening in the fight and watch what's going on and react to it all. It's just going to take time and practice.

But if you're in a race to make as much out of RAF as you can, I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Learning is a constant process, RAF is limited.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

so should i continue leveling and at what level should i start running instances?

You'll find that getting just to 16 or 17 will make Deadmines much easier. Your main problem at the moment, as Khatovar said, is that you are lacking some of the tools a successful group relies on. I've leveled 7 groups through there and I still have trouble at 15 with some groups. But a level or two at that level makes up for the lack of tools.

With a priest healer at low levels you'll mostly just Power Word: Shield and Renew. You can do both of those pre-pull if you like until you get the timing down better.
    Last edited by Alge : 05-02-2012 at 09:12 AM

I like to drive with the healer in a team like yours. I use Vuhdu to heal while I spam dps macros on everybody else. I use a seperate keybind to add in the healers dps macro when I want. These are some macro ideas for a couple of your classes...

Priest Macros

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [@yourtanksname] reset=combat Power Word: Shield, Renew

(As a disc priest you can spec into atonement and spam this as your dps macro)
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=5 Holy Fire,Smite,Smite,Smite
    /use 13

Prot Pally- for threat be sure to use righteous fury, avenger's shield, consecration

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=5 avenger's shield,judgement,crusader ctrike,crusader strike,crusader strike,crusader strike
    /cast Avenger's Shield
    /use 13

Shaman- Change the macro to use the totem to your choice for each shaman. Change it to call of the elements when you can. I'm no expert but it looks like simply spamming lightning bolt is the best you're going to do for a while.

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat/8 flametongue totem,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt
    /use 13

So I guess by drvin the team use the priest as.
    The main Toon I control with just set and heal.

And I'm guessing I can make macros on the.
    Priest for the tank to do his thing?

I'm just saying thts how I do it. You may prefer to drive with the tank.

To drive with the healer I turn click to move on for all the melee in the group. I setup an interact with target keybind for the melee. When I spam my dps keys with my interact key the Tank runs in grabs aggro, the casters stand and burn em down. I use the Power Word: Shield, Renew macro at the start of the fight. Then I switch to the dps macro on the priest too mana permitting. For example you could put the above dps macros on the same keybind for each character, 1 for example. Then spam 1 and interact to attack your target. Hit your interact key first if you want to send the tank in first.

Well.I was drving with the tank and its been fail.
    So ill try with the priest next and see how it goes.
    I'll try that when I get home from work.

I've got Target ineract key set up for accepting quests.

Quote Originally Posted by CD82 View Post
    ive got my hotkeys 1-0 only use to 5 right now.
    should i set up certin rotations or do ret untill certin level?
    you shouldnt bind keys that make you stretch your fingers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZLPz...eature=related
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

wow well went out to redrige an did some questing and sending the pally.
    and the shammys into do dps an me standing back as healer is easier.
    i jsut hit the action hotkeys not bad

now in dungeons ill want the casters to stay still an the tank to move up.
    this will work better i think than trying to drive with the tank an heal also with the healer