Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Warlock spec

Default Warlock spec

Im leveling my lock team, currently lvl 54. I wonder what sepc other lock boxers prefer? im 5 boxing...
    <Gimp>
    Multiboxing Guild
    Grim Batol (EU)

Main Team -> Mèhèe 5 x shaman + pala tank.
    2. Team -> 5 x druids.
    3. Team -> 5 x hunters.
    Wokomehee.blogspot.com/

Demo All the way you can solo dungeons <cata and its just the easiest spec felguards nice and easy

agreed. Demo is ridiculous. Not sure how it works at the 5 man level, but 5 felstorms mixed with Meta/Immo Aura and Hellfire, shit dies.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Blog Entries

I like the play style of Affliction...

Apply dots to mobs, and ignore them.
    Apply more dots to mobs, and continue to ignore them.
    Get too many on you, and round-robin your insta-cast AoE fear.

Loot corpses, if you need to for your quest.
    Otherwise, have the master as master looter (and opt out of loot), then set the threshold to green (common) or higher; that way, anything with a green/blue/purple will sparkle, for you to Master Loot it to the team.

Once you can get Felguards...
    Which is basically immediately, now that they're not a 41 point talent...

Nothing really compares to Demo spec.
    I raided throughout BC as a Demo lock, and love the spec.

Felguards are decent tanks and put out good pet DPS.
    As Demo, you have the option of other pets too.
    I found imps hit surprisingly hard, if you don't need anything tanked.
    But all Felguards is hard to... not go with.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Felhunter is the best for single target damage. Felguard should be used for everything else. I disagree with felhunters being good tanks, but you could always have one character with a voidwalker.

The starting rotation for me when I'm raiding on my Demo Lock is

start out with felguard:
    Volcanic Potion -> Blood Fury -> Meta -> Immolate(with pet attack) -> Bane of Doom -> Demon Soul/Felstorm(macro) -> Corruption -> Incinerate Spam -> (6 second after DS/FS) Soul Burn -> Summon Felhunter

One thing that most people(probably) don't know is that Incinerate Spam spec is arguably best for single target damage. Really you have two choices with demo: Spam incinerate or spam shadowbolt and incinerate when molten core is up. And obviously you always spam Soul Fire sub 25%, and cast incinerate when Molten Core is proc'd. With Shadowbolt spec, you spec into Bane and leave out imp Corruption. With Incinerate spec you spec into imp Corruption and leave Bane out, as you will only be casting immolate once on a tank and spank boss fight. You also glyph Corruption with Shadowbolt spec, and glyph Incinerate with Incinerate Spec. Immolate/Meta should stay fairly consistent in your other prime glyph choices, except for fights like Spine(see my second demo spec).
    Basically, I'm probably going to spec all my demo warlocks incinerate spec. This will allow full use of Molten Core procs without having to use multiple steps for when Molten Core procs(like you would have to do with shadow bolt spec). I have come close(1200 dps away) from parsing on H Warmaster using Incinerate spec., so it is still competitive in multiple target situations. You're just missing out on Nightfall procs. Obviously the more corruptions = more instant cast Nightfall procs. But at the same time it also means more Molten Core procs, which is awesome for incinerate spam.

This is my PvE Incinerate spam spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary
    This is my heroic spine spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary It is pretty much the same as shadow bolt spec except I have glyphed Corruption over meta and I still spam Incinerate, but have glyph of corruption in for Nightfall procs on the tendon...any ways this isn't about heroic Spine, so I won't go into full detail on that.

I'm planning on leveling my warlocks from 81-83 this weekend, so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

If anyone has any specific demo questions, I'd be more than happy to answer, although I don't have much experience with boxing them yet. I'm kind of curious to look up Ebony and see how he handles procs, and what setup he uses. This is all my personal opinions.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Scelesti View Post
    Felhunter is the best for single target damage. Felguard should be used for everything else. I disagree with felhunters being good tanks, but you could always have one character with a voidwalker.

The starting rotation for me when I'm raiding on my Demo Lock is

start out with felguard:
    Volcanic Potion -> Blood Fury -> Meta -> Immolate(with pet attack) -> Bane of Doom -> Demon Soul/Felstorm(macro) -> Corruption -> Incinerate Spam -> (6 second after DS/FS) Soul Burn -> Summon Felhunter

One thing that most people(probably) don't know is that Incinerate Spam spec is arguably best for single target damage. Really you have two choices with demo: Spam incinerate or spam shadowbolt and incinerate when molten core is up. And obviously you always spam Soul Fire sub 25%, and cast incinerate when Molten Core is proc'd. With Shadowbolt spec, you spec into Bane and leave out imp Corruption. With Incinerate spec you spec into imp Corruption and leave Bane out, as you will only be casting immolate once on a tank and spank boss fight. You also glyph Corruption with Shadowbolt spec, and glyph Incinerate with Incinerate Spec. Immolate/Meta should stay fairly consistent in your other prime glyph choices, except for fights like Spine(see my second demo spec).
    Basically, I'm probably going to spec all my demo warlocks incinerate spec. This will allow full use of Molten Core procs without having to use multiple steps for when Molten Core procs(like you would have to do with shadow bolt spec). I have come close(1200 dps away) from parsing on H Warmaster using Incinerate spec., so it is still competitive in multiple target situations. You're just missing out on Nightfall procs. Obviously the more corruptions = more instant cast Nightfall procs. But at the same time it also means more Molten Core procs, which is awesome for incinerate spam.

This is my PvE Incinerate spam spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary
    This is my heroic spine spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary It is pretty much the same as shadow bolt spec except I have glyphed Corruption over meta and I still spam Incinerate, but have glyph of corruption in for Nightfall procs on the tendon...any ways this isn't about heroic Spine, so I won't go into full detail on that.

I'm planning on leveling my warlocks from 81-83 this weekend, so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

If anyone has any specific demo questions, I'd be more than happy to answer, although I don't have much experience with boxing them yet. I'm kind of curious to look up Ebony and see how he handles procs, and what setup he uses. This is all my personal opinions.

Hi am more into pvp then pve (atm) and a five boxing this group on beta realms as well.

procs i normal do not use. uness i see all my chars have it up. normaley stuff is dead before it procs.

procs do seem more useful in Beta is very stange as its a bit more "random" then today. but so far and without addons (part from spells not changeing back after leaving meta) it seems very stable and feels very op (to op) most off the the time in beta i stay in the new "tank mode" that feels very nice to play in. i was nuking down 87's @ 85 on beta and feels very cool i love beta more then today's system.

here my spec http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary am not useing a cookie build. this is what hyperunknown is useing on her locks. shes been playing them at lot longer then i have.

i try and get some wpvp/raids from beta this week i got a bit so hard with a the crashing.

Thans for input ppl! ...dinged 58 and moved to Outland now, trying out new spec =)
    <Gimp>
    Multiboxing Guild
    Grim Batol (EU)

Main Team -> Mèhèe 5 x shaman + pala tank.
    2. Team -> 5 x druids.
    3. Team -> 5 x hunters.
    Wokomehee.blogspot.com/