Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Crashes

Default Crashes

Donno what causes the problems, Recently switched back to DX9 as seems to use alot less VRAM. Im running 15box all on low settings except the main character on good setting. Getting about 130-150 fps.

Problem is on intense fights some clients start crashing and even if i click on innerspace and relaunch the clients that crashed they will get to log in screen then crash again. I usually have to restart my computer. Other thing i have seen is My MAIN screen is big on top and all the others are little on the bottom. After switching to another character some times the screen i switch to will freeze till i click on the desktop and then it will un freeze. at this point some of the screens will even come out a red color or completely pink or even have crazy sharp figures flashing on the screen.

Lastly i get the error where entire screen turns black and comes back and says the nvidia graphics driver has failed and has successfully recovered.

Why is this happening??

Is it because im running 15 wows?

My comp is i7 990x, 32gb ram, 2x Nvidia (Asus) GTX580's on SLI.
    The GTX580s are 1.5gb and im usually utilizing about 20-40% graphics load and the memory usage with GPU-z is around 1.2-1.4gb per card. The tems seem fine never over 52 degrees C. Fan usage is usually around 12%. CPU usage and temp is never over 33 degrees C and never over 65% usage.

Should be very sufficient to handle what i am doing and usually its fine but lately more than not i have been experienceing this and its making me

Any suggestions would be great!
    Last edited by Invisahealz : 05-03-2012 at 07:41 PM
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

Sounds like you either need to turn off SLI or use MSI Afterburner to increase the voltage on your 580's.

Also, I kinda noticed back when I was running the few tests I did that when you teeter so close to the VRAM limit while multiboxing crashes can happen. My 580's have 3,072 MB of VRAM and I can never reach that number. I usually reach about 2,900 MB before it begins swapping textures with the SSD. I say this because you mention that you're reaching 1.4GB and that's probably very close to the limit (if not the​ limit) of your 1.5GB 580.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Sounds like you either need to turn off SLI or use MSI Afterburner to increase the voltage on your 580's.
    What does increasing the voltage do? Can it cause harm to the cards or anything else? I dont know much about this stuff so i dont wanna blow up my computer either lol. But ill have to give that a try. Ran for bout 6 hours last night with all in DX9 and settings turned down except main on good settings. I tried disabling Vsync and i only had 1 of the clients crash all night. Thats a new record! and also i never had the problem where the flashing of weird colors and shapes on toon switching. woot.

my current voltage is 1.0250.
    on some logs i do notice the voltage every now and there (once in an hour for about 1-5 seconds drops to 0.963v) is that normal or bad? 99.999% of the log i recorded is always at 1.0250v
    Last edited by Invisahealz : 05-04-2012 at 02:44 PM

You shouldn't be running into memory issues at all. I ran 8 WoWs and 4 Eves on a 260gtx (896mb) with dual monitors and never had problems.

Crazy sharp figures flashing on the screen sounds like an issue when you run into overclocking. I would try taking them out of SLI and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisahealz View Post
    Donno what causes the problems, Recently switched back to DX9 as seems to use alot less VRAM. Im running 15box all on low settings except the main character on good setting. Getting about 130-150 fps.

Problem is on intense fights some clients start crashing and even if i click on innerspace and relaunch the clients that crashed they will get to log in screen then crash again. I usually have to restart my computer. Other thing i have seen is My MAIN screen is big on top and all the others are little on the bottom. After switching to another character some times the screen i switch to will freeze till i click on the desktop and then it will un freeze. at this point some of the screens will even come out a red color or completely pink or even have crazy sharp figures flashing on the screen.

Lastly i get the error where entire screen turns black and comes back and says the nvidia graphics driver has failed and has successfully recovered.

Why is this happening??

Is it because im running 15 wows?

My comp is i7 990x, 32gb ram, 2x Nvidia (Asus) GTX580's on SLI.
    The GTX580s are 1.5gb and im usually utilizing about 20-40% graphics load and the memory usage with GPU-z is around 1.2-1.4gb per card. The tems seem fine never over 52 degrees C. Fan usage is usually around 12%. CPU usage and temp is never over 33 degrees C and never over 65% usage.

Should be very sufficient to handle what i am doing and usually its fine but lately more than not i have been experienceing this and its making me

Any suggestions would be great!
    Increasing the voltage is usually required when overclocking to help feed power to the gpu as it will need more in its overclocked state. Inreasing voltages increases temperatures, and can damage the gpu if set too high.

What does increasing the voltage do? Can it cause harm to the cards or anything else? I dont know much about this stuff so i dont wanna blow up my computer either lol. But ill have to give that a try. Ran for bout 6 hours last night with all in DX9 and settings turned down except main on good settings. I tried disabling Vsync and i only had 1 of the clients crash all night. Thats a new record! and also i never had the problem where the flashing of weird colors and shapes on toon switching. woot.

on some logs i do notice the voltage every now and there (once in an hour for about 1-5 seconds drops to 0.963v) is that normal or bad? 99.999% of the log i recorded is always at 1.0250v
    Last edited by d0z3rr : 05-04-2012 at 02:52 PM
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Quote Originally Posted by Invisahealz View Post

Having read the EVGA and nVidia forums for over the last year I can tell you that many people experienced crashing drivers due to having had a factory voltage that was set too low (myself included). Your stock voltage is actually higher than my stock voltage (1.013v) and every video card is different. In SLI, I would experience a lot of driver crashes until I bumped my cards up to 1.038v. Every once in a while I would still get a crash so I moved up to 1.050v which is where they're currently at today and I no longer experience any crashing like I used to. More voltage will add more heat, but unless you're trying to overclock and overvolt the card to extremes you're unlikely to see much of a difference.

The BIOS on the card will only let you overvolt your GPU so far before it hits a hard limit which the factory considers safe and is usually somewhere around 1.15 volts. While this doesn't void my EVGA warranty, you are responsible for your own hardware and should check with your manufacturer to see if it voids theirs. The only way to get around the hard limit is to use a modified BIOS which will void any warranty.

You are seeing different voltages because when a card is idle it'll downclock itself and turn the voltage down to save power. If you're still worried about throwing more voltage at your cards you can go into the nVidia control panel and set the Power Management Mode for World of Warcraft to Prefer maximum performance and see if that helps anything.

Ive tried it without SLI and still get the same problems. I set the voltage to 10.50 on the msi. other options it gives me that i dont know what to do with are core clock is at 782mhz and memory clock is at 2004 mhz.

I know on previous logs with gpu-z before i had msi it did show the memory clock at 1002mhz. should i put it to that setting or use the default msi setting?

You should really just bump it up one notch at a time until you find the lowest voltage that the card will use with no crashes. If you continue to experience problems then you may have to RMA your card(s).

well just went with the settings 1050 on the msi afterburner (10.050v) like u suggested. seems great lol. higher fps sittin at 44 degrees C. and only using 8-900 mb of memory now. Donno what all the dif is or if its that the memory clock is higher from stock settings but seems good so far.