Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Hybrid View

Default Video feeds and window swapping

I like the original ISBoxer setup on 1 monitor, with the small region windows on the bottom that could be swapped with a mouse click. But the videofx overlay for my healer was blurry, so I went with the full screen stacked style + dxNothing. I put the feeds on a 2nd monitor.

How do you switch toons with this setup? Can't swap windows by clicking on them anymore, which is what I'd prefer. Do you setup a hotkey? I'm thinking there has to be a better way than alt tab.
    Last edited by 3box : 05-03-2012 at 06:27 PM

Yes, you setup a hotkey for swapping. Those of us with Logitech 'G' devices use a section of the G keys for window assignments. Just figure out what set of keys you can do without i.e. F keys or Numpad. Then reserve them for swapping regions.

To set the hotkey go to your character sets, select a team and click on each team member number and select a key for that team member/region.
    Last edited by moosejaw : 05-03-2012 at 07:47 PM
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

I put a set of click bars (sized the same as my video feeds) over my video feeds that allow me to still be able to click and "swap" windows.

There's also a feature built right into Video FX that lets you click on any Video FX Viewer (using a specific Hotkey you can configure in your Character Set; this defaults to Alt+Mouse1) in order to swap to its source. So if you have a viewer set up that goes to window 2, you can check the box on the viewer to enable the swap hotkey and voila, just mouse over it and Alt+Mouse1 or change the Hotkey to whatever you'd like.

Wiki: Common modifications: Video FX alternative to Window Layouts
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    There's also a feature built right into Video FX that lets you click on any Video FX Viewer (using a specific Hotkey you can configure in your Character Set; this defaults to Alt+Mouse1) in order to swap to its source. So if you have a viewer set up that goes to window 2, you can check the box on the viewer to enable the swap hotkey and voila, just mouse over it and Alt+Mouse1 or change the Hotkey to whatever you'd like.

Man, I need to get out and learn the software. lol
    Gonna check that option right now.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by shadewalker View Post
    I put a set of click bars (sized the same as my video feeds) over my video feeds that allow me to still be able to click and "swap" windows.

Well damn, that solves it right there. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

Why did I not know this?

Thanks as always for the help. This will be much better than the click bars I have set up.