Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Hybrid View

Default How do you make so much gold?

Hi Guys

So i have been trying to play the ah and start making a decent amount of gold ready for the expansion, I have tried a number of things but i dont seem to be getting anywhere fast so im looking for a bit of advice!

I'm on a high population server and I cant seem to make much of a profit from buying and selling!

The most profit i seem to be getting is from buying ore, prospecting cutting and selling gems and disenchanting rings to make enchants! but i am having to buy maelstrom crystals (100g) or is this normal? I also have a LW but once i buy the leather turn it into leg enchants there doesnt seem to be much profit in it at all! 100g at most! I have also tried selling cloth and mail vicious sets which are a high price on my server(pvp)but i cant shift them! been on ah about 5 times and not undercut and still wont sell! tried dropping the price alot and still nothing!

should i be buying and selling on a larger scale? and how do you get the items to sell? because im on a high population server i am undercut all the time and things take so long to eventually sell! i am spending alot of time relisting things!

I am using auctioneer to list things but no other addons

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

oh, i should also add i have a scribe and alchemist who im currently skilling up!

Blog Entries

I'd aim for an army of alchemists.
    Ideally every toon has Alchemy.

Use Daily Quests for gold, if you cannot afford to buy herbs.
    You can herb too, but I'd do dailies mostly and buy herbs; that will be a lot faster.

At this stage, you won't make a ton with Alchemy.
    But you'll make a bit, each day for pressing a button.
    At the start of MoP, there will be a transmute that will be in high demand.

I made 800K in 2 months, by doing Alchemy transmutes on 37 toons across my teams.
    Took around an hour a day.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I'd aim for an army of alchemists.
    Ideally every toon has Alchemy.

Use Daily Quests for gold, if you cannot afford to buy herbs.
    You can herb too, but I'd do dailies mostly and buy herbs; that will be a lot faster.

At this stage, you won't make a ton with Alchemy.
    But you'll make a bit, each day for pressing a button.
    At the start of MoP, there will be a transmute that will be in high demand.

I made 800K in 2 months, by doing Alchemy transmutes on 37 toons across my teams.
    1 hour a day farming for me is worth about 8k gold from cloth on my server, if you farm 1 hour a day you make 240k a month, and don't have to level up a bunch of toons.

I use to do the same thing as you did as you know, it was great in wrath and can be alright in this expansion.

My main point is as follows;
    Unless you want vanity items that are expensive as shit, or PVE gear to make instances easier you will not need gold over 10k a day for enchants/gems/etc

If you want gold fast... farm for it, or make an army of alchemists/tailors for MoP.

If you farm for 1 hour a day and 5 hours per weekend day you're going to end up with about 400k a month. If you are like me and have alch/enchanting/jc etc you can turn that 400k into 800k a month easily.

Making gold is all about what you want to put time into. Want to put all your time in up front? Level alchs/tailors and have some spare gold to make sure you can buy mats for your crap. Want to just do it when you can? Farm for things that you can get a lot of and sell for decent values.

Overall just have fun with the game. If one method is more fun than the other... do it.

If you REALLY want to make the most money you can per month run a setup of 50 alchemists + 43 tailors and 1 of every other profession, make sure that jc + enchanting are on max level characters. On top of pressing x-mute and sending the mats off for 30 mins (depending on what you are doing it should not take you longer than this to do this). Take the gold made from the sale of the processed items and re-invest it in other professions with high profit margin. While you are not playing the AH you should be farming high margin items. If you do this 5 hours a day theres no reason you should not hit a mill gold in about 3 weeks.

Other than things like spectral tigers and such though... you will NEVER need that amount of gold. The only thing i spend gold on really now are things for other games, or game time, or w/e... and now that i have that paid up for a year on my shit theres no need to farm and I even just spent 500k on riot points for league of legends since that game with friends is so much fun.

TLDR; 1 year of farming 1 hour a day smartly will net you nearly 3 million gold. If you can spend 3 million gold in a year theres something wrong.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 05-03-2012 at 11:55 PM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I think I'd rather spoon my eyeballs out.

To each their own I suppose.

I did the shuffle for a couple of weeks and it worked pretty good. Went from 1000g to about 30,000, doing it maybe an hour a day. I stopped because the price of ore is the same, but the price of inferno rubies is down about 40% on my server.

You can also get the Remote app for your phone. If someone has 50 stacks of elementium ore up for a good price, you can hit one button and buy all of it, instead of click x 50. It's $3/mo though. Worth it if you post/buy a lot of stuff, just from the time you save alone.

You make the most money from the AH when people are gearing up. Right now things are really slowing down.

I think just running your team through dungeons and doing dailies is the money maker right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Hi Guys

So i have been trying to play the ah and start making a decent amount of gold ready for the expansion, I have tried a number of things but i dont seem to be getting anywhere fast so im looking for a bit of advice!

I'm on a high population server and I cant seem to make much of a profit from buying and selling!

The most profit i seem to be getting is from buying ore, prospecting cutting and selling gems and disenchanting rings to make enchants! but i am having to buy maelstrom crystals (100g) or is this normal? I also have a LW but once i buy the leather turn it into leg enchants there doesnt seem to be much profit in it at all! 100g at most! I have also tried selling cloth and mail vicious sets which are a high price on my server(pvp)but i cant shift them! been on ah about 5 times and not undercut and still wont sell! tried dropping the price alot and still nothing!

should i be buying and selling on a larger scale? and how do you get the items to sell? because im on a high population server i am undercut all the time and things take so long to eventually sell! i am spending alot of time relisting things!

I am using auctioneer to list things but no other addons

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    The most money is still the shuffle, definitely as a boxer. Buy ore, prospect, sell the rare gems, craft rings/necks & DE. Use the mats to craft scrolls. Buy your maelstroms from the AH or if you have a goblin that is exalted with firelands, buy the cloak and DE those. If you have a BS craft stormforged shoulders for heavenly shards. Besides this I have engineering mats for sale which net me a passive income. I craft and sell the pets from engineering as well. For tailoring I only sell cata bags & pvp gear. For LW I craft some gear (pvp mainly) and sell the leg enchants en masse. My BS only sell the lvl 80 tank set and the pvp gear. I'm also into the glyph market, but that requires a lot of attention. However as a boxer you can automate quite a lot of your workload (the legal way).

This nets me (gain, not turn over) between 60k and 100k gold a day, but I'm on a high pop realm.

A bit more sophisticated is gouging. You buy low level stuff up, group it and sell it for 6-10x the price. This works very well for several stuff that is used to level professions. I also have a transmog toon who scans the AH to find deals, buys it out and relist those for a massive amount of gold. Everything starts with having the right tools. All I can say is get and put the effort into learning tradeskillmaster. You'll encounter stuff you didn't even realize it existed, and will almost print your own gold. On a high pop realm, there are so many opportunities to make a killing, and even more important there are even more noobs to take advantage from (i.e. you have way more chance to score a killing deal).

I took these screenshots 2 hours ago while I was raiding (short break and reading db.com and saw your post).

15k incoming gold from auctions (scrolls, bags and gems)

looted 3k gold and 2,3k incoming in the next hour from pvp gear

sales that expire in the next few minutes

The point I'm trying to make with these screenshots: if you are motivated you can still make an unhealthy amount of gold in wow, even this late in the expansion, and even more because you are on a high pop realm. The masses saying that the times are bad to make currently gold in wow should play to your advantage: less competition, more gold for you.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Something I forgot to say: I use multiple bank toons, in different guilds, who are basically copies of eachother. It makes it harder for your competition to guess what you are up to cq capable off. And as a boxer that's easily doable.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Another thing you can try doing is reselling goods:
    • Transmog items
    • Cata 77-79 greens for 79 Twinks
    • Cata 80-84 greens for people leveling and needing ilevel to quest for LFD
    • Pets/Mounts
    • Hard to get recipes

I have been reselling on top of making profession crafted goods.

Some resources that will help you on your way:

• Addon: The Undermine Journal GE
      • Will give you an idea of the average price of the item from on your tooltip.

• Addon: TradeSkillMaster
      • This is the "all-in-one" addon. It does crafting, posting, canceling undercut auctions, mailing, banking, buying, and many other things AH related. You'll need the modules for some additional features.

• Gives you an idea of prices of items on your realm.
      • Look up what your competitors are selling.
      • What I use most on this site is the DealFinder that updates every hour. It lists some of the items that have higher value than what their buyout or bids are.

• A group of like-minded people interested in making gold with the auction house.
      • There are a lot of guides, tips, lists of items and etc found on this forum.

• A website that offers free email alerts when items meet your price/quanity criteria.
      • I use this site for buying high value transmog items, recipes, mounts and pets.
      • This feature could be found under Broker > Tips

I have made over 7 million gold playing the auction house since I returned back to WoW last year in August... this is on a low population realm too. You can make a lot more on a high pop realm (more materials out there and more opportunities for buyers).
    Last edited by Newbie916 : 05-03-2012 at 09:25 PM