Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Do multiple tailors find more cloth?

From what I understand, a tailor with a high enough level has a chance to get extra cloth drops. However, any tailor in the group can see the drop and "steal" it. Does having multiple tailors stack the extra cloth drop? Is there a benefit to having multiple tailors?
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Im pretty certain its just the one looting.

From what I've read, the bonus cloth only shows up to tailors. Others can loot the mob like normal, but if there is bonus cloth then tailors will still see it glowing. However, it's first come first served for that bonus cloth.

I'm just curious if I make all 5 of my toons tailors, and level them up enough so that they get the extra cloth drop, if the benefit will stack.

The other confusing part I've read is that it only works if a mob can be "assigned" to a player. So, using a free for all loot system won't yield any extra cloth because no mob's loot table was ever assigned to a player (not a reputable source or anything, just random discussion boards on the web)

Blog Entries

From what I've seen... with loot on FFA, the lead toon can loot whatever.
    And if I have the others Interact With Target on the corpse, the Tailor on the team found a piece of cloth I had missed...

But that was a while back; haven't really quested with a Tailor on a team in quite a while.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    From what I've seen... with loot on FFA, the lead toon can loot whatever.
    And if I have the others Interact With Target on the corpse, the Tailor on the team found a piece of cloth I had missed...
    This is exactly how it works now.

I am reading the original question as wondering if adding a second tailor would mean both tailors get to loot the 'piece of cloth the non-tailor looter had missed.'

Not sure about the extra cloth with extra tailors, but unless it’s changed recently only a tailor can loot the extra cloth. My main is a skinner and there have been times where I couldn’t skin after looting until the tailor looted the extra cloth.

I'll try to clarify.

I plan on looting using my warrior.
    I plan on getting all four of my priests tailoring and leveling them up.

Two questions:
    Will more cloth drop because I have four tailors in the group than if I just had one tailor in the group?
    If I give tailoring to my warrior, but don't level it up, will the warrior be able to loot the extra cloth drops?

Judging totally by wowhead comments, it looks like it's a flat 50% chance to drop extra cloth. That chance doesn't go up with additional tailors and what does drop is first come first serve among the tailors in the group. So it doesn't seem there is any bonus to leveling more tailors.

As far as the Warrior, I don't think he'll be able to see the cloth. I'm fairly certain you need 325 tailoring to see extra Frostweave and 400 for Embersilk.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

The toon with the cloth profession will loot the extra cloth, another toon can't loot the bonus cloth.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    The toon with the cloth profession will loot the extra cloth, another toon can't loot the bonus cloth.
    This.

Btw, nice looting trick is to set "pass all loot" on your slaves, but still keeping the Group Loot on. Therefore only your main toon can loot, but you will get the Need/Greed/Disenchant -window for greens etc. That window doesn't pop on your slaves, so you can easily disenchant all the unwanted stuff on the fly, if you have disenchanter in your team.

If your main toon is a tailor, then this is most ideal setup ever