Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default When I'm not boxing on Magtheridon...

I'm riding my motorcycles!

Here's a short video I made from my trip last weekend with some friends from the local Colorado Sportbike Club.

We rode 1800 miles through Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona over a 3 days.

Video is shot from my perspective. Includes our run in with THE MAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljkXdOmMinI
    "Shamanigins" quin-Shaman team - Magtheridon US - The Zerg

Clovian Clovian Clovian Clovian Clovian

Nice cop. Good video editing btw.

What bikes were there? I counted three. I run an 87 Honda VFR Interceptor 700 bored, V-Twin, and am working on an 05 XX Blackbird.

Found this:

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...9438;topicseen

lol

Nice planning also.

Blakebird sounds like a douchebag. The forums I reside with all support one another.

Last fall I ran a plot of roadway, that several of us east coasters run.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

If you ever get a chance to get over this way, let me know ill drop what Im doing to run it anytime. Ive done it 4 times thus far. 318 turns in 11 miles, with elevation changes two times of 1,000 feet peak to peak. Youre not kidding when you said "Bring your A Game". Police do not patrol it due to the increase risk of fatalities. At the bottom of the canyon on the NC side, there is another stretch of roadway that leads to the BR SkyWay. You start off down at the bottom of the mountainside, and ride along side of the river.
    T-o-t-D-map.jpg
    Its beautiful during the blooming seasons too. Fall is especially nice with the leaves changing.

Other side of the mountainside, is the TN river with 4 waterfalls.

Just doesnt get any better than this.

Unless you end up on the Tree of Shame:

tos1.jpg

Sweet video. What a stretch of road. 2007 FJR1300 here. I ride 2up with the wife quite a bit so its a pretty good compromise.
    Last edited by Sin Saint : 05-03-2012 at 04:01 PM

Tree of Shame....rofl.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I'm glad you guys liked it

We had 5 bikes.
    2x R1s (the lead bike that I was chasing was a 02 R1 ridden by Spiderman Bob)
    2x FZ6s (my bike and a newer rider, he's the 3rd rider in the video)
    1x ZX10 - not pictured.

I've got about 5 hours worth of video so I'll make a few more out of it Sadly my season is probably done since I got a large 6 point speeding ticket on my way out to Buena Vista, CO to meet with the rest of the group Friday morning. With the other tickets I've gotten in the last 12 months I'll have 1 point left if I'm lucky.

We had plans to do Deal's Gap next month but I think that's been put on hold.

I'd love to have a FJR so my wife can ride 2 up with me. I've been looking for a good deal on a clean GEN II FJR for almost a year now

Which helmet cam did you use? Been looking at a few to use for this type of thing and as a dash cam and haven't been terribly happy with the options available.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Which helmet cam did you use? Been looking at a few to use for this type of thing and as a dash cam and haven't been terribly happy with the options available.
    I use a GoPro 1080HD.

You can mount it anywhere but I've found the side of the helmet is the best spot. Anywhere on the bike and there's a lot of vibration. I've read this can be fixed to an extent by using RAM mounts.

I shoot in 720p

This is the other thing I do. My brother and I build guitars and amps.

Nice ride.

I was actually talking to Apps the other day. I just bought a new bike (only my second) but I live in South Korea, so I have a 125cc little bike because theres nowhere in this country to get above 100k/h anyway lol.

I love my bike. What a good feeling. I have always wanted one, and IF I ever go back to Canada, I will get one for rides around the mountains. good fun!

-Dan

Well, if either of you get over here, and want to head to Deals Gap, send me a PM, or Mokoi, you can just text me. That is if you manage to drive across the pond. And if you make it all the way here, Ill definitely take the day off work.

for Cameras, I *HAD* a contour roam. Its decent, put the waterproof case on it, and really, it wasnt that good. Or perhaps I expected better. I want to get the new Contour 1080. Never used a GoPro 1080HD. Is that a new model? do you have a link for it?

I only found the Hero 2 and Hero 3