Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default [WoW] Macros and steps help plz

I am fairly new to Wow (2 months) and ISBoxer (1 month).

I had a question about the sequence macros and multi-step keys operate.

if I assign a macro to a key:
    /cast A
    /castsequence B,C,D
    /cast E

what would be the sequence after six key presses (assuming CD's complete)?
    from what I understand it would be A,B,C,D,B,C.... and E would never fire - is this correct ?

If I assigned the macro to 2 steps in ISBoxer:
    Step 1
    /cast A
    Step 2
    /cast B,C,D

what would the result be in this case ?
    A,B,A,C,A,D ??

Many thanks in advance
    Niimus

Quote Originally Posted by Niimus View Post
    if I assign a macro to a key:
    /cast A
    /castsequence B,C,D
    /cast E

what would be the sequence after six key presses (assuming CD's complete)?
    A would repeatedly go off unless A is a spell that has a cooldown or is actually a castsequence using a null.

If A is one of the above, then it will move to B, C, D on consecutive presses until A is off cooldown or the reset condition of the nulled sequence is reset {reset=target/combat/mod}.

E will only ever go off if A is on cooldown/nulled AND your latency vs spam lines up so that the castsequence of B, C, D returns as "not yet ready" from the server. Basically the fallthrough {E} has to try and sneak in somewhere and is not an intended mechanic, but not exactly unintended either because /cast responds slightly differently than /castsequence.

If I assigned the macro to 2 steps in ISBoxer:
    Step 1
    /cast A
    Step 2
    /cast B,C,D

what would the result be in this case ?
    It will depend on your spam speed. The swap between steps occurs with no concession for whether or not the spells are ready to be cast {IE Global Cooldown, Lag, Spell not ready...}. If you press your key ONLY when the GCD is cleared, then yes, it should in theory go A, B, A, C, A, D.

In practice is an entirely different story as the step you are triggering may not be "ready" yet, or rather, the game is not ready to process the spell, as most people spam keys far faster than once every ~1.5 seconds, give or take for latency. You could see any combination of spell order being spit out, barring the actual sequence defined int he cast sequence, where C always follows B and D always follows C. You will most likely see a combination like this A, A, A, B, A, A, C, D, A, A, A, B, A, C, A, D, B, A....
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _