Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Terra subforum

Default Terra subforum

Can you make one please?
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Blog Entries

I was under the impression that while boxable, it wasn't viable, due to the combat mechanics. Could be wrong, But I believe that was the impression I got from Mirai. But I have been wrong before.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

The game is called TERA. It stands for The Exiled Realm of Arborea.

Quote Originally Posted by F9thRet View Post
    I was under the impression that while boxable, it wasn't viable, due to the combat mechanics. Could be wrong, But I believe that was the impression I got from Mirai. But I have been wrong before.

Stephen
    Months ago, one guy on the ISBoxer forums said he had 5-boxed closed beta up to level 20 and finished an instance. That's the last I heard of it and I can't imagine the end game content in TERA will be as forgiving as the level 20 content is.

Now that they've implemented "party gathering" (where every party member can skill up and loot from the same gathering node at the same time), I could see where multiboxing could sorta be viable for gathering end game materials quicker but; beyond that, I don't really see a reason to multibox this game because of the difficulty of the combat system. If you really wanted a pocket healer while leveling that might work but, for end game content, I think a party would be out of their minds to bring a multiboxer with as everyone needs to be 100% at the helm and paying attention.

It'd be nice to see someone prove this wrong, though.

Someones gotta be like the guy already trying to box diablo 3. Its addictive.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    Someones gotta be like the guy already trying to box diablo 3. Its addictive.
    I'm not trying to discourage you (or anyone else) from trying, I'm just hesitant to go on a sub forum creation storm and have them end up a waste of forum space. It's always served us better to expand when the need presents itself. I'd encourage you to keep making Tera boxing threads in the relevant forums. If it picks up and starts flooding the other forums, I'll be more than happy to create a sub forum. The same goes for Diablo III and any other game.

Over the OBT and some of the CBT, i have tried to box (Multiple-PCs) starting with 5, and moved down to 2 after several hours.

Im currently resorting to using The center screen button (which is not executable across isboxer on the remote clients, i have to physically press the center screen button on my keyboard on my alt). I have also ran into issues with follow on it, since you have to macro it with a keyboard or type it out manually.

The game is current very fun to me solo, and but i wish i could box it more effectively. I believe i will just have to manually 2 box it for while like i used to do on EQ1, basically with a DPS/Tank and a Pocket healer following my tank around.

The person on the isboxer forums who said he was 5 boxing it, im curious to know more about his setup and how exactly he was centering and keeping 5 toons centered straight all the time. I was running into serious issues getting to work effectively.

All in all, its a fun game (for me).
    Last edited by Meeo : 04-24-2012 at 10:16 AM
    Meeo/Nibilus

What realm are you guys looking at joining. I plan on running a Lancer and tanking.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Im currently running a Priest(lvl 30) which im healing, on Dragonfall. I was wondering about rerolling on a PvP server, but i hear the PK'ing is pretty bad. So bad that you can barely level.
    Meeo/Nibilus

Quote Originally Posted by Meeo View Post
    Im currently running a Priest(lvl 30) which im healing, on Dragonfall. I was wondering about rerolling on a PvP server, but i hear the PK'ing is pretty bad. So bad that you can barely level.
    I'm also running a Priest (32) on Dragonfall. The TERA PvP ruleset is a bit much on paper, wanted to test the waters PvE side. Not really planning on PvPing in TERA anyway.