Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default New multiboxing pc

Greetings, I will be making a new pc over the next few weeks but before I do I want to get some advise as to if anything should be changed. I will primarily be using it to multibox on Dark Age of Camelot, with occasionally multiboxing on WoW, although WoW is not my worry. I am looking to run (smoothly) at least 7 characters on DAoC while in the RvR zones, and am hoping this will be just the machine to do the job. If anyone can suggest better please let me know, although I will say I would like to stay with Intel/Nvidia. How will this do?

Thermaltake level 10 gt Snow edition
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 mobo (hdmi, SATA 6gb/s, USB 3.0)
    Intel Core i7 2700k
    Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600
    GTX 680 graphic card (unsure which company is best to go with for this card, so I will be doing my research)
    Corsair H100 liquid CPU cooler

Will be picking up a SSD for running my main games/OS, just not positive which one yet.

My biggest concern is the CPU cooler. I would like to stay with liquid cooling, but I'm not 100% sure which I would like to use, as this is my first Liquid cooled PC I'm not aware of the brands, so if someone can suggest otherwise(even custom would be fine) that'd be appreciated.

What do you guys think?

And this will run me around $1600 or so approximately.
    Last edited by Plankers_Pend : 05-01-2012 at 02:19 AM

make sure your SSD is big enough. 60-80 just for games and double that for windows and games (or two to split them up).
    Unsure of that cooler, corsair had some older designs that were lower rated but I thought they were H60. Forget where I read that, just a head's up
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Corsair Performance Pro is my OS SSD at the moment - SATA3 with a Marvell controller (not the questionable Sandforce controllers).

And I'm sure the H100 would be fine.

Get a GTX680 with 4GB ram if you can. wow boxing, at least, needs plenty of gram.

Alliance-Aman'thul

Don't know why this ended up here...

Just ignore me *whistles*...
    Last edited by Peli : 05-01-2012 at 09:43 AM
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

The new Ivy Bridge cpus are out from intel.

Just saying.
    Hardware Lurker