Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default GTX 680, Have anyone tried it w/ 5+ Box?

Have anyone tried 5 boxing with the new GTX 680?
    I'm not very happy atm with the state of the drivers for the 7970 and is looking to jump ship.
    Post up your thoughts please if you're currently five boxing on a gtx 680.

Driver shittiness happens on both sides.

That's all I am going to say.
    Hardware Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post

Not when ATi/AMD refused to fix their cursor corruption for 2+ years :P

From my many years of experience, Nvidia has almost always put out more frequent driver updates. (i.e. bug fixes and optimizations)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post

Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

I have a geforce 680 gtx and run 5 toons..havent tried it with more so i am no help in that direction..
    As for the card it runs great so far..no overclocked just stock speed..i,m on a quad core asus amd with 8 gig of ram..soon to be changed and upgraded but had no problems with the card attall..runs averaging 50 + in stormwind and out in the wild will go through and up too ive seen over 100 fps..
    these are just numbers ive seen..not a real serious test...in general runs smooth.
    Driver wise though if you read about the forums..when you go to the official drivers..you do get choppyness/stuttering and its noticeable..
    Main advice is to stick for now with the stock driver provided on the dvd with the card..i'm on version 300.83 and have no problems with that.
    I'm happy with it so far.

edit : if i get chance i'll try put up a small vid showing how it runs with 5 if i get time..for framerates etc..
    Last edited by honeypot2011 : 05-01-2012 at 06:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Igg View Post
    I'm not very happy atm with the state of the drivers for the 7970 and is looking to jump ship.
    What sort of issues are you having with the 7970, if I may ask? I can run 10 smoothly with my 7970, so just curious what was giving you trouble.
    5 Boxer, < and my imaginary friends > Magtheridon US

Quote Originally Posted by dfwfire View Post
    What sort of issues are you having with the 7970, if I may ask? I can run 10 smoothly with my 7970, so just curious what was giving you trouble.
    It's not related to multiboxing as a whole but more with the crossfire for other games, cursor corruption bug (didnt show up in the 6xxx series but is back), missing promised features from their drivers (mismatched resolution eyefinity).

Quote Originally Posted by honeypot2011 View Post
    edit : if i get chance i'll try put up a small vid showing how it runs with 5 if i get time..for framerates etc..
    The only problem I see with that is the software you use to multibox with -- It doesn't run all of your screens at full resolution so you should be getting amazing framerates on the main screen regardless. Most people are running a software solution that runs all of their screens in identical resolutions which obviously impacts the system more overall.

680 is overkill for 5 boxing. People have been 3 boxing for years now on wau older/lesser cards. You will be more than fine!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )