Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Corew Direbrew MoP

Hi! Yesterday @ 89, I went straight into Brewfest even, expecting free trinkets. It's not that easy I found out. However, after some time I learned the fight, it's quite easy:

A summary for this boss as tank, 3dps, 1 healer (Paladin, 3 ele. shamans and 1 resto.)
    • Tank the boss close to you'r clones, and just do boss with chain lightning. This will keep the adds going down aswell. Not too close, because he will disarms aoe sometimes.
    • Don't use cooldown before he's at 4M hp (20%ish). Use fire-elemetans straight away tho. Maybe 1-2 Stormlash totems. The reason for this is, the fight is tank and spank before 20%, when he starts throwing barrels to the group, and you'r tank will be useless.
    • @ 20%, use your CD's. Everything. Use Earth elemental, healing tide totem x4. This will keep the elementals alive, away from you're clones when tank is having a barrel on his head. This is the time when you need to nuke him, hard.

I'm currently farming him, so ask away questions if you have. And please, wish me luck, 1healer/dps trinet is 15 runs so far...

This guy is a pain at level 89. Not recommended for melee teams @89. I was not outputting enough DPS to down him with DK 3Ret 1HOLYPal. At around 15% HP, he overwhelms my DK tank. Just too much damage in take, need to burst down and burst down quick. Once full group at level 90, it becomes easier.

and as always, grounding totem!

I wish I had read this before yesterday. I had a pretty tough time. Anyway, I eventually got all my trinkets. Some additional tips:

1. Do not hit Ursula with your tank. I moved Coren to one side of the room and when she spawned at about 30%, I move to the other and let the slaves hit her for a bit before resuming on Coren. The idea is you want her to have threat on a dps and NOT on your tank or healer.
    2. I ran into a lot of healer mana problems leading to deaths at the end. Keep an eye on healer mana and stack some spirit.
    3. Obviously try to get as close to lvl 92 hit cap as you can . A really long fight is not ideal.
    4. Make a use macro for the dark brewmaiden's brew. Especially for your healer and tank as this has a big impact on the fight.
    5. Pick up the adds whenever you can. This will save your healer's mana.

Just curious how geared are your tanks? iLVL?

I say around 420 to be safe
    i made a video for him, towards the end it gets messy

Stand your tank as far away as possible and watch for the barrel. When you see it about to hit you, taunt Coren and she will continue to attack you for 3 seconds after you become disoriented.

My hats off to those who did it at 89!

I was in a few random's that wiped at all 90. My groups weakness was my disc preist getting barrelled, as my Blood DK needs close attention (healing wise) But I got all my trinkets ('cept one that I did in a Random on my tank). Tanking near group makes this easier for sure. That would be the one main tip. I shoved all mine into a corner so they wouldn't get tossed to far away.

I tried at 89 and failed hard, did it once so far at 90..going to farm it last day.. in hopes of having several upgrades to make it a tad easier. I'm sure i am not doing things right, when i got it, one shamy was dead and everyone was oom lol
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

IIRC, you can avoid getting "barrelled" by drinking the item that appears in your bags before the timer runs out. This can be done via macro, /use "insert name of barrel here"

Or you can fill up your bags, thereby preventing the booze from entering your bags in the first place. The macro is more practical. Or maybe put it on an action bar slot or jamba item etc.

I may be wrong though, I haven't done direbrew in a couple years.