Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

Quote Originally Posted by Barazanthul View Post
    @Lyonheart

i don't know how much dps i did, when i downed him ... but i normally only got two clone phases on the sha. After some new makros i am doing 20k dps on my shamans, which is not that much for a 5 man instance.
    I'm way under that 8( i need to work on my dps..what setup you using? two step? piority?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I quit boxing during Cata and my item level was like 340 (Guardian Druid & 4x Shaman). I did a few quests at the MOP starting areas until my item level was high enough to queue for the first instance, since then I've done nothing but grind instances. Level 88 and I've cleared Temple of the Jade Serpent, Stormstout Brewery, Mogu'Shan Palace and Shado-pan Monastery.

The only boss that was challenging is the last boss from Monastery. Once I hotkey'd the special action button and figured out where to tank the boss so the orbs spawn in a better position, it's easy. Averaging around 900k-1.2m per run plus a decent bit of gold. Much faster than questing. Protip: If you get any level 84-ish greens with decent stats - don't DE them. Put them on AH. I've sold 20+ on AH for 500 each in the last 2 days. They have better stats than most of the 5man Cata gear, so people that just hit 85 and want to start questing in MOP will pay for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bettysue View Post
    Ook-Ook is pretty easy if you can get all your slaves stacked on the 4th and 5th plank from the door, in front of the boss. Then just turn him around and dps till you're bored. The barrels will come close but there are a few spots they never hit.
    Put your healer and DPS in the doorway on the left. Tank the boss directly infront of it and angle him diagonally across, facing towards the wall (so his shockwave doesn't hit your team) and you literally don't have to move at all. All the barrels hit the boss instead of your team. I don't even bother moving my tank out of the stun anymore, since he does like no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Volch0k View Post
    Been farming both instances today. Getting brewery prolly 85% of the time, kind of sad with the last boss being total wipefest if you get wrong combinations. Jade temple thingy so much easier!
    For the last boss of Brewery, I put a Shaman on each corner of the centre square (to avoid AoE damage and the knockback from bloated) . I made a keymap in ISBoxer to jump on all toons and bound it to one of the programmable keys on my G15 (with toggle on/off). Turning on the jump macro removes the stun debuff and avoids the waves 99% of the time. The only time you need to stop is if it's the version with the bubble shields, in which case you stop jumping and spam chain lightning a few times and then turn jump back on. Just need to make sure you switch to the adds immediately so they don't heal the boss. Very easy if you set everything up properly.

Let me know if anyone needs pointers on any of the bosses. They're all pretty faceroll once you get the strats down.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 09-28-2012 at 02:02 PM

Some videos would be sweet!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Just done first 2 with paladin, resto shaman and 3 ele shaman.

Just my take on what i did.
    Wise mari, kill 4 ads.. run around boss inner circle, stop, dps, run when his wave gets near, repeat.
    Lorewalker stonestep, tank and spank for me. chain lightning the 4 suns, same with ads that spawn after then nuke boss.
    Liu Flameheart, easy until she turns into a dragon then got a little messy with all the green stuff on the floor but not wiped.
    Sha of doubt, dispell debuff nuke until ads come then chain lightning them, rinse repeat

Ook-Ook - easiest boss so far if you place your toons in the doorway to left they avoided all damage then just tank and spank.
    Hoptallus, painful part was getting to the boss with all the ads that kept coming - nuke boss chain lightning ads.
    Yan-Zhu - not sure what was going on with this boss tbh. I need to look into his abilities, sometimes my toons wernt doing anything but still easy fight just took awhile to kill him

Hopefully they are all going to be easy and not like cata when we got blackrock caverns and then throne of tides came along : /
    next up at 87 will be Mogu'shan Palace and Shado-Pan Monastery

I've cleared both Mogu'sha and up until last bos in Shado-Pan Monastary. The last boss there is just a pita, it'd doable with spesific macro's for it I guess, but i cba while leveling to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Volch0k View Post
    I've cleared both Mogu'sha and up until last bos in Shado-Pan Monastary. The last boss there is just a pita, it'd doable with spesific macro's for it I guess, but i cba while leveling to do that.
    You don't need specific macros, you just need to bind "use special action button 1".

Two tips I found useful
    1: Pull the boss to the wall over to the left and position him so he's facing your team. This will cause him to spawn the orbs infront of your team so you can kill them faster.
    2: There's a rhythm to the fight. He AoE's. He summons orbs. He casts hateful strikes (or whatever it's called). Kill orbs, then immediately meditate on all your toons while he's AoEing. Once you get used to the sequence (and assuming you can switch to orbs fast enough) it's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    You don't need specific macros, you just need to bind "use special action button 1".

Two tips I found useful
    1: Pull the boss to the wall over to the left and position him so he's facing your team. This will cause him to spawn the orbs infront of your team so you can kill them faster.
    2: There's a rhythm to the fight. He AoE's. He summons orbs. He casts hateful strikes (or whatever it's called). Kill orbs, then immediately meditate on all your toons while he's AoEing. Once you get used to the sequence (and assuming you can switch to orbs fast enough) it's not so bad.
    Sounds easy when you say it! Thanks for the tip about meditate button, that will make it so much easier!
    On a side note, quite happy with my first heroic:

Nice! I haven't even started heroics yet. Still trying to grind out 89-90. Then I'll probably have to grind some factions to get my item level high enough to queue.

I uploaded a video to show how I do Taran Zhu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnJKL...hannel&list=UL

My group is all Lvl 88 and ilvl 404ish (purely quest gear nothing else), to early for Mogu'shan Palace normal? LOL it seems like it as I'm getting my butt handed to me on first encounter, ouch.