Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Flashpoint / Endgame PVE Team Combinations.

I would very much like to hear what teams/team combos everyone has tried in regards to multiboxing flashpoints in SWTOR. Have any of you boxed End-Game content?

Right now I'm running a Jugg+3Sorcs and I have to say its pretty solid. I have been curious though about running a more mixed team later on like Riiker does...

Oh and just for curiosity's sake... What server is everyone on?
    I tweet on the twitter about my multiboxing experiences in SWTOR... @laytonjohnny

I don't have any teams at 50 yet. My highest is lvl 30.

Im playing on Rakata Mind Prison, but I have toons on Krath and Swiftsure.

Edit: I'm now on The Bastion and Harbringer
    Last edited by Riiker : 06-16-2012 at 05:26 PM
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

I'm also toying with the idea of doing a Republic (One of each class) like you've done for the Imperial side. Which classes are fulfilling which roles for you on you're Big Bang Theory team? I think the BH is the tank correct? Is the sorc your healer or the operative? Do both heal, or do you only need just the one?

Are you using the popsickle method for the DPS on them too, how do you handle the channeled abilities?

I'm leaning toward a Jedi Knight Tank, Vanguard DPS, Sage Healther, and a Scoundrel backup heals/dps combo. What are your thoughts on boxing this group makeup?

Might switch up that Scoundrel for a Gunslinger though...
    I tweet on the twitter about my multiboxing experiences in SWTOR... @laytonjohnny

Quote Originally Posted by Treason View Post
    I'm also toying with the idea of doing a Republic (One of each class) like you've done for the Imperial side. Which classes are fulfilling which roles for you on you're Big Bang Theory team? I think the BH is the tank correct? Is the sorc your healer or the operative? Do both heal, or do you only need just the one?
    Powertech = Tank
    Marauder = DPS
    Operative = DPS/Backup Healer
    Sorc = Healer

Are you using the popsickle method for the DPS on them too, how do you handle the channeled abilities?
    This is a big question. In general, yes. For the instant abilities with no cooldown I create a mapped key and select all of the do not advance for X time and I also check only trigger once. This effectively gives that ability a cooldown. I then adjust the timers so that I can continuously spam DPS while maintaining energy/heat/ammo at the highest level.

Channeled abilities are a bit more complicated. I'll probably have to make a guide for that. It's very different now than it was when I made the original guide. The gist of it is this: I put all of my channeled abilities mapped keys in my main DPS mapped key at the top of the list. I then select the box to not load that mapped key. I created a click bar which I select to "activate" the channeled ability mapped key. The next time I hit my DPS spam key, the channeled ability goes off. My DPS spam key is the same one from the mercbeast framework so it only activates once every 1.5 seconds.

I'm leaning toward a Jedi Knight Tank, Vanguard DPS, Sage Healther, and a Scoundrel backup heals/dps combo. What are your thoughts on boxing this group makeup?
    That group will work great. Check to see if the Knight has any automatic group heals. My maruader does quite a bit of healing. During a boss fight my marauder heals everyone for the same amount as a typical medpack (~1000 at lvl 20). If the knight has the same ability, that group will rock!

Might switch up that Scoundrel for a Gunslinger though...
    I don't know about the gunslinger, I have a couple of snipers at lvl 14. It's nearly impossible to box ranged DPS classes in a fight which requires a lot of mobility. My troopers are at level 21 and I still can't beat the last boss in hammer station.

I hate to give up on a team, but I don't think my commandos are ever gonna work out. I'm still going to try out my snipers.

The only problem that I have with my team is that doing 4 different class quests all over the place is really really slow.

Since the operative for my imp team is stuck on the old server and my other three have transferred, I've begun working on my next team:

Vanguard (Tank), x2 Gunslingers, Sage (Heals)

Ive already got the vanguard and sage at lvl 21 so I'm leveling my gunslingers. I'm going to do class quests with PvP for just the two gunslingers until they are lvl 21. I'll let you know what I think of the gunslingers.

Well I finally leveled my two smugglers to 10. Instead of going gunslinger for both I went gunslinger/scoundrel.

The goal will be to have 2 melee and 2 ranged. That way when you get to bosses who require alot of movement you don't take as big of hit to your DPS.

The other benefit is that the scoundrel can supplement healing if absolutely needed.

My new team will be Vanguard (tank), Scoundrel (Melee DPS / Heals), Gunslinger (Ranged DPS), Sage (Heals).

My Imp team is similar, but instead of a sniper (gunslinger) I have a Marauder for a total of 3 melee and the Sorc for heals. I'm curious to see if my Repulic team will be able to outperform my Imp team. Btw, my Imp team rules!
    Last edited by Riiker : 06-21-2012 at 05:55 PM

I don't know if anyone is reading this, but I've FINALLY settled on my Republic team composition:

Vanguard (Tank/DPS), Gunslinger (DPS), Commando (DPS/Healer), Sage (Healer)

I'm really hoping that the commandos get some kind of buff for their DPS by the time I get to 50. Right now, I'm thinking that the Grav Round armor debuff that they put on bosses is actually helping the overall team DPS to be higher. Combine that debuff with the ability to do backup healing and you've got a great utility character. The Gunslinger puts out some pretty awesome DPS.

I did Athiss with the above team when the gunslinger was 4 levels behind the Commando and in some situations my gunslinger was putting out more DPS than the Commando! For raw ranged DPS, there is no rival to the Gunslinger/Sniper.

Sounds like an interesting team, Riker.

I can say for sure that Jugg, 2xMarauder, Sorc works at end game. I've run HM Black Talon quite a bit and through the random finder, getting the Black Hole Commendations allows you to get really good gear fairly quickly.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Thanks for the input Merc. I am now at lvl 35 and things are starting to look pretty good. My commando is doing the same DPS as my gunslinger now which is very encouraging. My Vanguard DPS is proportionally where it should be due to the fact that he is the tank and shouldn't have the highest DPS.

My team handled both Cadimimu and Taral V easily at level. I'm hoping that translates into being able to do the hard mode versions at endgame.

My guys have three pieces of BH gear now with the rest campaign, rakata, or columi. HMs are MUCH easier now - gear makes a huge difference and getting completely geared out solo is not a problem in SWTOR between dailies, daily HMs, weekly SM ops, free correlia BH comms each week, etc.

Of course, running raids with others is fun too
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden