Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 41

nice to see your still going at it

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't care about money... the cost of multiboxing software is VASTLY less than the cost of... multiboxing!

Make software better than ISboxer, and you have my money. I'd pay a LOT more than I currently do for software that's easier to use.

I don't use Hotkeynet because.. i cant program, and I have no experience with it. It's not worth the hassle of learning complicated software for free. ISboxer is cheap as hell, and it's a bit easier to use.

NOW, as a long-time boxer.. even pre-dating these forums, I'd like to see some not-so-simple changes:

I mix and match teams a lot. I create new teams, and I find it a pain in the ASS to do so. I'd like to see a software package that does the following:

Since I know LAX is following this thread, I want to first say .. Lax is a genius, and he is the man.. I love him. I have never found someone so dedicated, and who rushes to support his product. That being said, there are (as always) places that I think need improvement, and that's not to say he couldn't do it, but he's off solving much more difficult problems than these, and giving us functionality i cant even imagine until it's downloaded in my software automatically

(I understand some of these might be out of the scope of possibility, and I apologize in advance, I am not aware of the limitations)

1. Better GUI than ISboxer.

I would like to see an interface that is intuitive, and powerful (i know.. i know). I want to be able to drag and drop icons of characters, organized by account, class, level, etc to easily match the characters I want to play in the software without the hassle of having to first create new characters, or use the wizard (in ISboxer) to add the characters and then to delete a team i just made so I can use the characters in a team i copied because all my settings are already setup in a different team (hotkeys to switch, follow commands etc).

2. add-on integration.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I would like (and pay for) software that keeps my addon preferences for commonly used addons for multiboxing available on all installs, and to all characters i play. ie: I'd like to start a new team, log in for the first time, and hit my mini-map button for (boxer program name here) and then click on a preset profile for addons, interface, etc. So my grid acts the same on all toons if I want them to. Addon's often allow this, but they are install and account-bound, which is more hassle for setting up a new team.

3. Window swapping from other computers.
    As Ughma said, I would also like to swap the windows on my second PC around. Not from PC2 to PC1 or anything, but certainly I'd like to be able to hit a hotkey from PC1 and have PC2 swap a window. I haven't had this working in ISboxer yet, not sure about the limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't care about money... the cost of multiboxing software is VASTLY less than the cost of... multiboxing!

Make software better than ISboxer, and you have my money. I'd pay a LOT more than I currently do for software that's easier to use.

I don't use Hotkeynet because.. i cant program, and I have no experience with it. It's not worth the hassle of learning complicated software for free. ISboxer is cheap as hell, and it's a bit easier to use.

NOW, as a long-time boxer.. even pre-dating these forums, I'd like to see some not-so-simple changes:

I mix and match teams a lot. I create new teams, and I find it a pain in the ASS to do so. I'd like to see a software package that does the following:

Since I know LAX is following this thread, I want to first say .. Lax is a genius, and he is the man.. I love him. I have never found someone so dedicated, and who rushes to support his product. That being said, there are (as always) places that I think need improvement, and that's not to say he couldn't do it, but he's off solving much more difficult problems than these, and giving us functionality i cant even imagine until it's downloaded in my software automatically

(I understand some of these might be out of the scope of possibility, and I apologize in advance, I am not aware of the limitations)

1. Better GUI than ISboxer.

I would like to see an interface that is intuitive, and powerful (i know.. i know). I want to be able to drag and drop icons of characters, organized by account, class, level, etc to easily match the characters I want to play in the software without the hassle of having to first create new characters, or use the wizard (in ISboxer) to add the characters and then to delete a team i just made so I can use the characters in a team i copied because all my settings are already setup in a different team (hotkeys to switch, follow commands etc).

2. add-on integration.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I would like (and pay for) software that keeps my addon preferences for commonly used addons for multiboxing available on all installs, and to all characters i play. ie: I'd like to start a new team, log in for the first time, and hit my mini-map button for (boxer program name here) and then click on a preset profile for addons, interface, etc. So my grid acts the same on all toons if I want them to. Addon's often allow this, but they are install and account-bound, which is more hassle for setting up a new team.

3. Window swapping from other computers.
    As Ughma said, I would also like to swap the windows on my second PC around. Not from PC2 to PC1 or anything, but certainly I'd like to be able to hit a hotkey from PC1 and have PC2 swap a window. I haven't had this working in ISboxer yet, not sure about the limitations.

I second all of what Dan wrote.

I'd see new software as an advantage if it can do the following.
    1. operate and be as versatile as ISBoxer, or PWNBoxer.
    2. Support MAC and PC separately, and jointly.
    3. +1 more from Dans number 2 above, and say, make this automatic, with few clicks and checkmarks at the start of a new team wizard... I.e. New team Wizard-> label and identify team -> add-ons to apply as character defaults -> window layout... -> go!
    4. remote in to another PC, and use multiplexer from my own pc, launch a wow client from remote pc, and control it via my multiplexer. subsequently, I wouldnt have to operate the multiplexer software or even install it (perma) on the remote pc.

(The main reason for number 4. is 90% of the questions from this site. How do I do ..."x"? Well, if we could remote in, use our own stuff, and take control, troubleshooting much faster... and two fold by being able to load up a friends toon, to run with us, if he/she is the counter part to one RaF, and is currently unavailable)

Also, to note: Ive tried several software packages before settling on ISBoxer. All be it, I will continue to use ISBoxer, I am not opposed to testing and operating a second software. I am not a hardware boxer, but if I could put software on the family laptop, my sons computers, mine, and my wifes, then run a team with as quick a response time as if it were a single PC, I dunno anyone who wouldnt like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    4. remote in to another PC, and use multiplexer from my own pc, launch a wow client from remote pc, and control it via my multiplexer. subsequently, I wouldnt have to operate the multiplexer software or even install it (perma) on the remote pc.

(The main reason for number 4. is 90% of the questions from this site. How do I do ..."x"? Well, if we could remote in, use our own stuff, and take control, troubleshooting much faster... and two fold by being able to load up a friends toon, to run with us, if he/she is the counter part to one RaF, and is currently unavailable)
    That is a scary idea. It's bad enough when people don't want to do any of the work themselves, it'd be nothing but headaches if people actually expect us to do it all for them. Not to mention the utter nightmare that comes with the ability to take control of a complete stranger's computer. Dual-boxing.com hacked me. Dual-boxing.com stole my account. Dual-boxing.com stripped my toons. And then you get in to the people who actually DO want you to do EVERYTHING for them, including leveling them. All of a sudden, we're exactly the same as wesellgold-thenstealyouraccount.com.

And account sharing is a use violation in most games, so no running someone else's account, friend or no.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 05-19-2012 at 01:39 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

I've had a dozen or so people offer to pay me, if I would remotely log into their system and set them up.
    Never figured an amount, because while I'm happy to give a bit of support, there are a lot of starting resources... and I'd rather play the game.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I've had a dozen or so people offer to pay me, if I would remotely log into their system and set them up.
    Never figured an amount, because while I'm happy to give a bit of support, there are a lot of starting resources... and I'd rather play the game.

This is what are good friend on the other site said he wonted to setup. but a lot said it was a bad plan then and still is.

If the player can not setup a simple software then mutiliboxing should not be for them! we get to much s**t as it is!

@ Khat, I totally get what you're comment is about. The more I think about it, it does make sense to exclude that.

If its any consolation, the "why" I mentioned this, is for two reasons. 1. My son and his friend use RaF. But his friend is rarely on, so hes missing out on a lot. 2. I get asked a lot (similarly to Ualaa) to log into vent, or use a live internet meeting point to share desktops and help troubleshoot.

At the time I didn't believe it was too much risk of reputation if we remote in and cleaned up or troubleshoot, yet I assumed people would be online watching what was done, and or partially controlling themselves.

I'll likely keep doing what Im doing via www.gotomeeting.com, to help troubleshoot.

@ Ebony, Lets be a little honest with ourselves. None of the multiplexer softwares are simple. Some have longer learning curves than others. I have NEVER seen a first time boxer load up software and be as experienced as the rest of us.

Even with quick wizards, there are still things that must be done separately and on a case by case basis. Granted thats what this site and community is for, yet, Ive always been a person to challenge the norm. As I would expect most boxers are, given the very nature of what we do.

The main problem I had with Isboxer was it had a hard to understand interface, non-intuitive. I had an easier time learning html and tsql than when I switched from keyclone to isboxer (I didn't fully switch, still used Keyclone for broadcasting to avoid the headache of setting it up in Isboxer). I watched Mirai's feeds video at least 3 times before I tried to set it up in Isboxer and it still took several trial and errors before I got it working right. Setting up the regions and assigning Wows to areas of your monitors seemed far more complex than how I did it in Keyclone.

Another limitation of Isboxer is the video feeds couldn't span multiple computers. So if I wanted to multibox on Eve, I would need to run all my Eves on my main, when I used to split them between two computers. That is why I never went back to Eve after I quit WoW, and instead waited for D3 to come out.

I haven't multiboxed in several months, so I haven't used isboxer since then, so this all may be fixed by now with a brand new interface
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Blog Entries

The biggest difference between KC and IS Boxer, if you're switching...

KC is straight broadcasting of keys.
    Sure you can whitelist keys to only broadcast, or blacklist keys to not broadcast, but the basic broadcasting is... push a key, and everyone gets that key.

IS Boxer has two broadcast modes.
    You can Repeater/Broadcast, which is just like KC.
    But you also have Mapped Keys (Keymaps are groups of mapped keys).

There are wizards to get a basic set up.
    And there is a bit of a learning curve, if you want to go beyond that.

Top left pane is your overview.
    Bottom left is select the specific thing.
    Bottom right is edit that specific thing.
    Pretty much.

If you play with the options, or read through the mapped key section of my guide, you get a basic understanding of how the interface works.
    And should be comfortable, messing around with it.
    You can save the profile, and clear/reset a profile...
    It's a good idea to save your profile periodically anyway...

While video feeds won't span multiple computers...
    There's nothing else that will either.

So they're the best option you have, out of any boxing software...

IS Boxer will do Eve as well as KC, from a windows layout point of view...
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    The biggest difference between KC and IS Boxer, if you're switching...

KC is straight broadcasting of keys.
    Sure you can whitelist keys to only broadcast, or blacklist keys to not broadcast, but the basic broadcasting is... push a key, and everyone gets that key.
    Keyclone has round-robin and per-client translational keymap support as well. It is most definitely not just "straight broadcasting."
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)