Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: boost or quest

Default boost or quest

Hey,

Im about to get my level 77 hunter up to 85, but i cant decide if boosting or playing him solo (questing/dungeons) would be quicker?

I could use one or more of my dks to boost him in instances, would this be quicker than leveling him solo?

He has full rested is in a guild and all heirlooms!

thanks

I personally abhor collection quests, but since you are have only one toon to boost, I would do questing(collecting is only once). BUT, since your huntard is 77, you can boost and do the quests in Hall of Lightning. Boost there until you expire your rested xp, that should get you to close to 80, quest to finish to 80, go to Hyjal do some quests to get gears, and then find a way to get to Zenga's troll aoe spot (warlock summoning or use the summoning stone outside stonecore), and boost from there, bring a healer (this is mindless killing of trolls), once you reach lvl82+, your xp will be better (at 80, it is like 1000per kill), at 82 it is 2000+, at 83, it is like 2.5K and 84 is even better....

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Hey,

Im about to get my level 77 hunter up to 85, but i cant decide if boosting or playing him solo (questing/dungeons) would be quicker?

I could use one or more of my dks to boost him in instances, would this be quicker than leveling him solo?

He has full rested is in a guild and all heirlooms!

thanks

Quest till 81. Then your heirlooms are worthless. Get better gear. Id suggest just checking a few dungeons in queues as you quest. You arent going to be able to "boost" one toon in cata dungeons... unless your rolling a full group. And youre more likely to get better exp sharing with those your own level.

Blog Entries

Boosting is the fastest method, when you have RAF (and every method gets you x3 experience).
    Without RAF, it will still be the fastest (but the difference will be 1/3rd, what it would have been with RAF).

If you have an 85 that you want to boost with, you could do so.

I personally prefer to quest when possible.
    And would definitely quest as much as possible, for the last 5 levels of the most recent expansion.
    That gets you gear that's decent to start with, along with faction, possibly faction rewards, etc.

The 77-80, could also be done in PvP.
    75-79 is a bracket, assuming queue times aren't too slow...
    If you win half (or more) of your games, that's a decent method to go with too.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Boosting with Pets - Using an ungrouped high level pet to kill high level mobs with full XP

The details are not there anymore but the gist of it goes something like this.

dont group with the 85 PetEnabledClass
    grab aggro and hit a mob with the low level toon
    then sick the pet on the target.
    make sure you dont do any white or spell damage by the toon with the pet just help with pet alone.
    you'll get all the xp.
    wont work in instances obviously since you have to be grouped.
    works great in quest environment where your questing.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 04-26-2012 at 08:07 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

thanks guys, from what u have said questing seems one of the fastest ways and least boring! I shall do that and dungeons when i can! plus i will get experience playing as a hunter that way!

I just wasnt sure if boosting would have been alot faster and better use of my time but i guess not

thanks again

The 77 to 80 levels are the funnest to quest. Icecrown is a very fun place.

Except for a few quests right at the start, the rest is easy. The few collection quests are completed while doing the kill quests. Also most of the quests can be completed in 1/5th the time, for example putting the quest item into a macro so all 5 toons use it at once gives you credit for all 5 instead of just 1.

I always hate out-leveling icecrown, its back to the crappy collection quests.

Blog Entries

The whole Shadow Vault chain was quite fun, no matter how many times I ran through it.
    My current quest stacking guide avoids the area, for the level range, and I usually ignore its recommendation and quest there.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Well.. Questing is very quick now!! Is boosting quicker from level 1 tho? I was thinking about leveling 3 more mages and I would think boosting with my dk would probs be the quickest way? I don't have raf but I can easily get heirlooms and whack them in the guild!
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-27-2012 at 05:29 AM Reason: dark font color

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Well.. Questing is very quick now!! Is boosting quicker from level 1 tho? I was thinking about leveling 3 more mages and I would think boosting with my dk would probs be the quickest way? I don't have raf but I can easily get heirlooms and whack them in the guild!
    If you don't have RAF and want to instance boost you may end up hating your life. Everyone's tolerance for pain is different.