Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default 10 Box MoP Raid Comp

Hey Guys,

I am considering 10-Boxing MoP raids for fun. 5 seems easier to manage in PvP, so I would like to discuss group composition strictly relating to raiding and have 2 additional questions regarding healing and PC configuration.

I am looking to use multiple classes for raiding. I know a few are planning on Comps such as H Pally/ R Shaman/ 4 DKs/ 4 Hunters ; 5 Druids/ 5 Locks; 2 Pally or DK/ 8 Shaman; or 2 shaman/ 8 DK. However I am looking for a very mixed group so I'm looking for some guidance, I'm trying to have no more than 2 of any one class.

Question 1: This is what I have been thinking so far. Let me know what you think or where it could be improved.

Tanks: 2 Pallys or 1 Pally/ 1 DK

Healers: Shaman, Priest, Druid or Shaman, Druid, Pally
    One healer I would have dual-spec'd as DPS for fights requiring not as much healing.

DPS:
    Completely undecided on these, this is just what I'm feeling right now

Shaman, Mage, Priest, Boomkin, Hunter
    OR
    Shaman, Mage, 2x Hunter, Warlock
    OR
    Shaman, 2x Mage, Hunter, Warlock

Still unsure about Monks, until a final ability list is released.

Question 2- For Healing, in 5 man Dungeons I use the FX Source / Viewer Function with grid Sorted Alphabetically and it is easy and successful. So for 2/3 healers, How do you manage specific hhealing as I obviously wouldn't want to use this method to have multiple healers target and heal the same toon. Would it be possible to enable multiple Grids on my tanks and have each Grid linked through Video FX to a healer or would it be easier to setup some sort of click casting/repeater region function.

Question 3- Lastly about my PC. Currently running an i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz normal use (but I can run safely at 4.7 on Air), 16 GB ram, and a 560 Ti OC. I have run my 5 current accounts along with 5 trials through Org during peak and the experienced a little slow down. I'm planning on a 680 or 7970 before MoP releases.

For the consensus opinion- will this one machine be capable of successfully handling 10 raiding clients or am I better off using my Main PC for 5, and building a secondary machine to handle the additional 5. For a second PC I'm thinking along the lines of 2500K, 16 GB Ram, with a 560Ti (replacing the GPU in main PC and using its current 560 for the new rig)

Your thoughts and constructive criticism are appreciated. And Yes I realize it would be easier to run a 10 group comp with as little class difference as possible. Such as 2X (insert class) Tank, 2-3X (insert class Healer), and 5X (insert class) like 2x Pally tanks, 3 shaman healers, 5 shaman DPS etc etc etc but my goal is really going for the multiple class thing.

Thank you.
    Last edited by dfwfire : 04-23-2012 at 11:22 AM
    5 Boxer, < and my imaginary friends > Magtheridon US

I like this:
    Shaman, 2x Mage, Hunter, Warlock

there are going to be a lot of leather wearers with monks.

something to think about.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

I thinking I'm leaning towards

Tanks: Paladin & DK

Healers: Shaman, Paladin, Priest (3rd when needed, DPS when not)

DPS:
    Boomkin
    2x Hunter
    Mage
    Warlock
    5 Boxer, < and my imaginary friends > Magtheridon US

I currently Have:

Prot Pally
    Feral Druid
    Ele Shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Surv Hunter