Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default ultra newb question about EQ2

I just started EQ2 with one account to see if I will like it, I made the account "gold" but I don't have any expansions added.

How do you make any gold in this game?
    I assumed that I could mine/gather/fish or possibly craft etc and sell in an AH but I can't find any place to sell what I've gathered.

I'm in New Halas on the Frostfang Sea ( first city in the beginner zone )
    How do I craft anything? I've looked in recipes and I don't have any.
    I've tried to look at the Knowledge base for crafting and there isn't a tab for it.
    Does it require the expansion to craft?

I tried to read the help official help from the EQ2 sight and it said to look in my knowledge base for the crafting tab or use the recipes I already have.
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

Selling is done out of your home. Go to one of the city merchants and purchase a Market Board {you may even automatically get one for the housing quest that points you to inn rooms}. Put the broker board up on your wall somewhere. when you click it, it should open the market window.

You should see a space in the upper right corner {I think} where you can put containers. Throw some containers in it - bags work or you can get crafted sellers containers. Sales containers can be placed in your house so people can come in and buy directly instead of through the broker, which will save them the broker's fees. Just be sure to right-click the container while it's in the market board. You should have the option to "Place" in the menu. That will let you place the container somewhere in your house...make sure it's someplace people can find.

Drop the things you want to sell in the containers on the market board. Click an item in one of your containers and you should have the option to check the market for other people's prices or price and begin selling.

For tradeskills, you should have gotten a quest fairly early off. I recall getting mine most recently around level 3 or something in the newbie zone.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Tutorial_Timeline

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

finally found the trade skill quest and the first quest is "create a simple candelabra" with the items he's given me.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Forging_Ahead
    and it's easy to see the recipes given
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Artisan_essentials_volume_1
    So..... where the fudge is the candelabra in that stupid volume? I've search for simple, candelabra and I can't find any recipe that matches it.
    is that because I don't current have the items for it in my bags?

note: EQ2 has a 3 day forum ban on new users so I can't ask there until tomorrow :-(
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

If you learned the book {it should be one of the things he gave you}, make sure your recipe book isn't filtering things. If you have a crafting station selected it will automatically filter to only things you can make at that station. Otherwise, try selecting "Edit" in the book and scroll through making sure it doesn't have any filtering hidden in there.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _