Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Hybrid View

Default EQ2 Server? Team?

Considering starting this game up again...mostly because of F2P. Probably pretty casually, but meh. Probably a full team as well.

Anyone still box EQ2 and got any suggestions with regards to server? I don't particularly care one way or the other about PVP; but am given to understand EQ2 is full of anti-boxer-pvp-rage. Curious if there are any semi-active boxers out there. Have no remaining friends from my time, long ago, in EQ2. =P

Also, with respect to class, I saw another post with regards to team that suggested:

(1) SK tank (should have race tracking) - great AoE tank
    (2) Templar (reactive heals + dmg)
    (3) Defiler (shields + dmg)
    (4) Troubadur (mana regen)
    (5) Illus (cc + dmg)
    (6) lock (aoe dmg)

Seems like a good starting point. Anyone got any comments?

I 6 Box on Freeport. Seems like the busiest server but I started here before it went fully F2P so I had no choice considering I am doing it on the cheap. My tank has gold membership and the other 5 all are silver. Not got much clue about classes so I looked on here and found that team as well. Im level 78 atm and have had fun just pottering about seeing all the content I've not seen. (not played since before the first expansion came out). Certainly not had any boxer hate like in wow. In fact I've been playing for months and no one has ever spoken to me at all yet lol.

I have been playing EQ1 last month or so.. just waiting for MoP.. i might try Terra as well. I might even log in my team on EQ2 for a tad ( FTP style )

As far as the hate in WoW, its mostly due PvP. In EQ there are a ton of people boxing, i think most of them box alt tab style as well. EQ and EQ2 in general have a high population of boxers. You can easily find this out by scanning the forums and the hundreds of posts on "what combo should I box?" type threads. And when they went FTP. a lot of players started extra accounts just for the convenience of it, for trading in the bazaar/market etc..

btw.. you team is great! thats a common 6box
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Been 6 boxing paladins on Freeport. Main toon's name is Acsyla. Been streaming on Twitch.tv as well a little bit. http://www.twitch.tv/sbjones

Why 6 palies?

Why not? They can heal, rez, wear plate, use shields, cure various aliments, AOE out the arse, built in damage reductions, wards, Group Heals, Round Robin lay on hands, so many buffs its crazy. Changes to melee attack range let them auto attack from half a mile away it seems. Once I hit level 50 and got the damage reduction its become ez mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    Why not? They can heal, rez, wear plate, use shields, cure various aliments, AOE out the arse, built in damage reductions, wards, Group Heals, Round Robin lay on hands, so many buffs its crazy. Changes to melee attack range let them auto attack from half a mile away it seems. Once I hit level 50 and got the damage reduction its become ez mode.

I should have asked " What do you like about 6 palies?" i figured they might be an awesome group to play. I just asked why based on when I played one solo. I liked the DPS and tankage of an SK better. But from what your describing, sounds fun! Most boxers try to min/max team combos to make sure they have most buffs/debuffs covered.

I met another 6 boxer on freeport today main was called Cognetout. Didn't know about this forum so told him to look it up . Forgot to say before my main is called Thetys.

I finally got around to starting that team on Freeport; evil of course, mains name is Imorte. Whee. So far its pretty fun, I must say. Tho Starbuck has me reevaluating my team, hmm.

The survivability so far. They are all tanks so even if you loose agro on the main, you have a lot of time to do something about it. They are not going to die in one hit or five, or ten. They are all healers, so I don't have to worry if my healer goes down if I am going to survive the encounter. They can all rez, so even if half my group dies, I don't have to make a corpse run with half a team. Everyone being the same race/class makes quests a bit easier, I don't have to browse six different quest reward options or come up with six rotations to optimize dps. Heroic opportunities seem to be a bigger distraction than they are worth, but with six fighters they get chain cast pretty easy.

I can see how having a Guardian and Templar to the party would help with some extra utility and buffs and I may power level one or two up if I find I need to.

As far as min/maxing goes, I feel that is uncommon when it comes to boxing. Paladin and 4x Shaman is the staple group in WoW next to 5x(same class, druids, warlocks, hunter) groups. Few boxers play an optimized group because it overrides the ease of use of a matched team. In the end, one or two extra buffs just are not worth the hassle.