Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Eh, while that is 100% true in WoW, its much less true in EQ1. I'm not sure about EQ2. That said, it is tempting. I might eventually give it a try =D

yea, I meant in EQ2 boxers min/max with a group of toons that provide complementary buffs/debuffs. I know that's not normal in most other MMOs.. playing the same class does make things a lot easier to micro manage. But EQ2 was designed in such a way that some encounters have a variety of debuffs needs for different mobs and such. So its important to have diverse classes to make sure you have someone in the group that can debuff the mobs, cure the other players etc.. IF you search throughthe EQ2 posts here you will see many discussions about why Its not good in the end game to have a group with mostly the same classes.

In your case, with pales, it might very well work out do to them being meat shields and healers and being able to do decent dps. A few years ago there were many of us playing EQ2, and there were many discussions of group comps, most of them encouraging players to stay away from having more than a few of the same class in a group. I am curious to see how it works for you, keep us updated! I am currently playing EQ1, so might hop on EQ2 again and try it, sounds fun!0
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 05-15-2012 at 11:52 AM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Yeah I second that; really curious. If it works good, i might purchase the class unlocks and give it a go... As an aside, has anyone considered a pet-class heavy group? Probably still with a tank/healer, tho it'd be interesting if it was not quite necessary. Dunno, just a thought. Beastlord, necro, conj, maybe a defiler. Dunno. I'm really liking the team I've got tho, no complaints. Will probably try a melee-heavy group at some point, though, just for kicks.

I bought all my accounts the silver upgrade and the Paladin unlock during a double SC weekend. $10 = 2000 sc and they still have 750sc for item unlocks later.

I have a few teams going on Crushbone server.

Team 1: SK, Defiler, Fury, Troub, Lock, Coercer - all level 80/225 atm.
    Team 2: Zerker, Inq, Mystic, Dirge, Sin, Coercer - all level 52/180 atm
    Team 3: Monk, Swashy, Warden - all level 52/180 atm

Team 1 is probably the easiest since they are spell based and I do not have to worry about positioning ..etc.. They took down x2's and x4's in KoS when they were in that level range. I have no big issue clearing the Kunark and SF zones for void shards presently. Occasionally, I will run into a mob that scatters my team ..etc.. thats a pain.

Team 2 is more fun but the positional nature of the SIN makes it more complicated. Also, lack of Invis/ports is a pain compared to team 1.

Team 3 is on hold. When I pick it up, will share the Mystic, Dirge, and Coercer from team 2.

I've been casually six boxing EQ2 since it went F2P too. My accouts are a little disorganised, mostly because I have two "grandfathered" from playing for a few months when the game was released. Since facebook award (the 500SC to all accounts) they are all silver with one gold.

I'm also on Freeport, the team is in it's low 50's (SK, Beastlord, Necro, Warden, Troubadour, Defiler - All Iksars =)

The class choice is a little odd but they work pretty well although the beastlord isn't hugely effective in the group. Since the team left Butcherblock (at 30) all the levels have been gained running dungeons (Kaladim, Runnyeye, Cazic Thule, Permafrost, Solusek, Klak, Clefts of Rujark and currently in the Living Tombs/Silent City) with the main problem being gear now. I'm barely getting enough sub-legendary gear to keep the silver accounts up to spec.

It's fun though.