Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Terra subforum

I play during the day mostly. So is dragonfall the server then?
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

MiRai did a bunch of research based on what he, Crum, and myself were looking for and Dragonfall was where we ended up rolling. I didn't realize Meeo was there until he posted.

Dragonfall seems to be the most populated server out of all the PvE servers -- As stated above, the PvP rule set seems fairly undesirable at the moment. I made characters on all of the other servers and throughout the OBT I continued to check on how many guilds had been created on each server (viewable through the activities menu) and how many players there were total from the first few pages of guilds. This is obviously a rough estimate but, Dragonfall had almost twice as many guilds (~500) compared to the next highest PvE server.

I realize that it was an "open" beta meaning anyone and their mother could create an account and start a guild but, to further reinforce my point, Dragonfall (as far as I know) is the only PvE server that has already had it's max population cap adjusted to accept more players (I cannot for the life of me find the post where EME mentioned this) and it is once again showing as "High" on the server status page. The only servers that seem to have a higher population than Dragonfall are the PvP servers and they are crazy packed with people and drama.

Neither Svper, Crum, nor myself will be starting any type of guild as I'm sure we make better followers than leaders at this point but, we are looking to join a not-so-casual-and-harder-core type of guild with real focus on end game content and the political system. We have yet to apply for any guild but we've had our eyes on a few different ones.

Well post what you find out, I have been learning the lancer mechs/spells/rotations best as i can. Would be nice to play a warrior tank later on though.

Seems like the old school tanking with a spell threat table, non accumulative threat, and CD/Priority management. Might be somewhat easy at lower levels, but i think single target tanking will be difficult towards endgame. That and healers pull amazing aggro from what i've heard.

Should be interesting to re-learn vanilla tanking though. I like new scenery anyways.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    Well post what you find out, I have been learning the lancer mechs/spells/rotations best as i can. Would be nice to play a warrior tank later on though.

Seems like the old school tanking with a spell threat table, non accumulative threat, and CD/Priority management. Might be somewhat easy at lower levels, but i think single target tanking will be difficult towards endgame. That and healers pull amazing aggro from what i've heard.

Should be interesting to re-learn vanilla tanking though. I like new scenery anyways.

All threat generated by heals get treated like crits even if they don't land (or crit). I've pulled aggro just by throwing a restorative bust that didn't heal anyone.

haha oh brother...
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

I'm on Dragonfall .. are any of you in a guild yet? I'm going to give this game a shot. Always looking for the next best thing, cant know that unless you try them all right? lets see how long I can last playing it solo 8) I started a mystic, they have pets 8) And look interesting! Shaman style play from the looks of it.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Going to close this thread with a redirect to the one in Off-Topic.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/46451-TERA-Online