Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

I didn't lose traction with games like The Elder Scrolls until I knew a better model existed.

When it comes to the combat model, FROM software destroys the competition. Just look at Demon's Souls/Dark Souls.

If an MMO maker could find some way to integrate that design into an MMO they'd have a playerbase interested.

I have a sneaking suspicion that D3 will be the same. Once I get a feel of how the combat system is I'll know more, but if it's the same as D2 then it won't be nearly as interesting as the combat in Demon/Dark Souls. That's a huge deal if you ask me.

Of course, I'd say the same for WoW. I quit WoW years ago and came back only to multibox. Just how I left EQ eventually.

I watched a video of inferno mode and 5 people couldn't even kill a normal unique monster... dafuq
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

While I am sure D3 will be a great game I cant play too many rpg type games at the same time, especially the fantasy genre. I can get burnt out on the genre as a whole pretty quickly as I have gotten older. I have burned myself out for the most part on any type of grind games i.e start at lvl 1 and work up to a max lvl/skills then kill end boss. Only one I can tolerate is wow and I dont grind hardly anything anymore.

I enjoy games where you can jump right in on the action and play for a bit and quit while at the same time not feel like I am losing out on anything by not playing. BF3, total war and a few sports games are a nice break that I can just jump in an play with out any of grinding in general.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 04-21-2012 at 03:02 PM

Dragon souls combat is not original, and I don't like it very much at all. Clocked the game, but will never play again. Dragon was easier than Demon too which was disappointing
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Dragon souls combat is not original, and I don't like it very much at all. Clocked the game, but will never play again. Dragon was easier than Demon too which was disappointing

Fair enough but you have to admit that of all the combat systems out there, Demon Souls had the highest curve, the most reliance on timing and understanding basic encumbrance.

There is that bug that allows players to backstab without being behind someone but that's small potatoes in the large scheme of things. I cannot recall another game where I had to be on point with technique to win. Even WoW.

I had a blast with the D3 beta. I finished it on a level 9 wizard and I think the underwhelming feeling (For me at least) comes from how easy it was. I cleared the beta content without dying once. The last boss fight, while amazingly fun and epic, was nothing more than cooldown and potion rotation. Maybe that's just how this type of game is and I was blissfully unaware of it 10 years ago.

Up until I got beta access to MoP I was hating pretty hard on MoP. The IRC regulars will definitely vouch for that. I think my main apprehension with MoP is it's another expansion where they're going to take my class/characters in a direction I won't like. Once I spent a little time with a priest in the beta it completely changed my mind. I'm pretty excited for MoP. I spent the last part of Wrath and all of Cataclysm PvPing. I've done raid finder DS and I've done the first TB raid boss once or twice. Past that I haven't done any raiding in Cata. I think I've finally reached a point in the PvP part of the game where I'm not having fun and I'm not able to progress in a method I'm willing to devote to. Whether that method is changing the group of people I play with or the amount of time I play. I'll probably go back to being a dragon slaying PvE Hero come MoP.

The best thing I've done in a really long time is take a break from WoW. I don't really spend the same amount of time on other games as I do WoW. I never got into the Elder Scrolls games or any of the call of duty, halo, battlefields, etc type games past the very casual experience.

Tera Online is the first MMO that has really made me doubt WoW. MiRai and Crum got me into Tera since they were playing the Korean version. I played the closed beta for the US Version and was blown away. We recently just played through the open beta which we will carry over these characters through to the live version of the game. There are so many things that make Tera great. Finally a game that doesn't punish you for grouping. You get a 20% bonus for grouping in Tera. Most of the quests are kill quests. The quests you do need to gather a resource from a node: if the group members "use" the node at the same time, everyone gets the quest drop. This means half the required nodes for a 2 man quest team. Looting is amazingly easier since everything is just dropping on the ground and you "use" it to pick it up. The game is absolutely beautiful as well. We're running around questing and you just look around at the terrain, the mobs, the visuals are just stunning.

I realize Blizzard has a tight grip on my soul. I'll keep playing WoW, I'll play a good bit of Diablo 3, and I'm going to spend a lot of time in Tera. What I've learned in gaming diversity is good. It's going to be a good gaming year for me.

I tried Tera beta as well, and was not impressed at all, probably because its not going to be "boxer friendly". I have been playing EQ1 last few weeks as I wait for MoP to go live. I am having a blast in EQ playing 3 Gold accounts and using 3 mercs. The server is down for maintenance today or i would be there instead of here lol 8)

As to the OP topic, I played around in beta and i liked what i saw, i was going to level up and test, but i want to save it for live. I have tested all the betas so far and this time i think ill just wait for live so its all new and fresh.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I tried Tera beta as well, and was not impressed at all, probably because its not going to be "boxer friendly". I have been playing EQ1 last few weeks as I wait for MoP to go live. I am having a blast in EQ playing 3 Gold accounts and using 3 mercs. The server is down for maintenance today or i would be there instead of here lol 8)

As to the OP topic, I played around in beta and i liked what i saw, i was going to level up and test, but i want to save it for live. I have tested all the betas so far and this time i think ill just wait for live so its all new and fresh.
    Everyone is different. To me, a successful MMO is one I don't feel I need to multibox in.

The only reason I multibox in WoW is that it fails to entertain me on a single account. If it entertained me on a single account I'd be more than happy to save the money on multiple accounts.

I have plans for MoP, though nothing worth mentioning on this forum. Needless to say I am not at all excited for MoP (I think it will easily be the worst expansion), but will do a few things and eventually quit after a month.

I am extremely excited for D3. I cannot watch Beta videos or else I get too impatient. I never PK'd in that game (in D2 it was called PKing, not PVP), so the fact that they removed PKing doesn't really bother me. In D2 it was completely avoidable to get PK'd, so I'm unsure why the took it out (hopefully it wasn't due to treehugging carebears that are scared of getting ganked).

Right now I'm playing a lot of TW: Shogun 2, Forza 4, Skyrim, and Mount & Blade.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

Happy there is a selection of MMO's to choose from. WOW always seems to get stale at the end of an expansion and more even when that ending comes in spring and summer as we are seeing this year. I raid and PVE mostly so the end of expansion means most of the heroic bosses (all soon hopefully) are on farm and little to do other than go back and do achievement or mount runs. I am leveling a couple teams and getting professions, stockpiles and gold where I want it for MoP, but nothing epic other than finishing heroic clear with attendance issues adding to frustration.

I also play SWTOR and RIFT, though only have one max character in both and don't multibox either. Finding they are a good distraction though from my WOW glut.

I've got MoP Beta and enjoying it to try out the various spec's, builds, etc. for my primary classes, monk and monk alternatives for my expected 5man panda team I'll level.

Also have the D3 beta and have cleared it twice. Hope there is more to it when released or it is a short distraction only.

Looking forward to Halo 4 coming out, but again another distraction then something that will take much time away from wow.

Appreciate those listing other potential distractions while I wait to see MoP drop. I expect MoP to consume majority of time in later half of year, but for now distractions or alternatives are welcome. Will have to take a look at Tera I guess. Any others for consideration?