Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Hybrid View

Default ISBoxer Key Map Parser : Forgot what combos you have? Have Duplicates?

Can't remember what key combos you have used? Can't find that duplicate key combo?

The following Excel 2010 file reads your ISBoxer configuration file and parses it for all of your key combinations.

Download: ISBoxer XML KeyMap Parser v4.2.xlsm
    Updated: 5/7/12
    Bug and logic tweaks
    Clearer color coding

What it does:

• Automatically loads your file
    • Seeks out and presents suspect duplicated key maps
    • Sorts and organizes them for easy debugging
    • Allows for "Virtualizing", an advanced key mapping technique
    • Shows either duplicates only or all key maps
    • Creates a matrix of key combinations on sheet 2
    • The matrix shows what combos you have used and have left
    • The matrix highlights duplications
    • Compatible with G13 and G510 keyboards
    • Up to 8 button mouse
    • Supports all standard keys, and some not so standard
    • Game independent
    • Printer Friendly!

When I say "suspect" duplications that means due to ISBoxer's vast flexibility, the parser may find duplicates that don't necessarily impact your play. For example, key combos from one team don't affect another. I may have missed/ignored other otherwise safe duplications.

For simplicity's sake, if a combo is duplicated, virtualizing or not, only one combo name shows in the matrix. The matrix isn't comprehensive, it just ticks off what combo combinations have been used. However, all duplicated combos will be commented, showing all uses of that combo.

If you use Right Mods like Right Ctrl, Right Shift, etc., there is a toggle for that. Due to the extra permutations created when using Right Mods they add a significant delay to the parsing time. If you don't use them, turn them off.

Also, the dark yellow FTL warning strip reminds you that unless you're desperately searching for unused combos, you should avoid those, since they stand a high chance of being used for FTL.

If you find bugs or unexpected results, please:

• Describe fully what you suspect is happening
    • Go to http://www.privatepaste.com
    • Paste your configuration file
    • Paste their generated link in your reply so I can take a look
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 05-07-2012 at 06:16 PM Reason: Updated file: Added comments on combos and Right Mods toggle

Thanks for sharing this Fogyreef This is kinda cool. Lax must have something like this already since he finds peoples problems so fast.

I do have a question. Sorry if i cant express my thoughts correctly. Maybe Its more for Lax than you. Do you think there could be such a thing as Dynamic keycombo conflicts?

if you run a keymap step that has multple operations could the mixed keypresses bleed over into each other and cause problems?.

For example a common one that assists and then fires an ability.
    asisst uses the backspace keycombo.
    lets say mage uses alt.ctrl.shift 1 for its dps ability
    and a dk uses alt.ctrl 1 for its dps ability

is there any chance that the mages keycombo can prevent the dk from firing off his dps ability because the mage ability is jaming?

backspace is transmitted so they can all assist
    mage is yellijng alt.shift.ctrl 1
    dk is listening for alt.shift 1 but cant hear it because all he hears is alt.shift.ctrl 1.

or does isboxer not fire off all the tasks in the steps at the same time.
    example

backspace (FTL assist)
    1 mili second later
    ctrl.alt.shift 1 (mage nuke)
    1 mili second later
    ctrl.alt 1 (dk dps)

but from the dk manefeso
    you guys throw all kinds of abilities in a step like gambling hoping one of them will fire off.

I guess i can experiment myself with this if i threw 3 macros in a step and saw the result.

this one should definatly have no conflict if innerspace sends the keypresses only to the mage and dk's separately but im interested in the last scenario where everyone is hearing everything.
    (all backspace) macro1 /say 1
    (mage ctrl.alt.shift 1) macro2 /say 2
    (dk ctrl.alt 1) macro3 /say 3

(all backspace) macro1 /say 1
    (all ctrl.alt.shift 1) macro2 /say 2
    (all ctrl.alt 1) macro3 /say 3
    Last edited by JackBurton : 04-19-2012 at 05:26 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    if you run a keymap step that has multple operations could the mixed keypresses bleed over into each other and cause problems?.

For example a common one that assists and then fires an ability.
    asisst uses the backspace keycombo.
    lets say mage uses alt.ctrl.shift 1 for its dps ability
    and a dk uses alt.ctrl 1 for its dps ability

is there any chance that the mages keycombo can prevent the dk from firing off his dps ability because the mage ability is jaming?

backspace is transmitted so they can all assist
    mage is yellijng alt.shift.ctrl 1
    dk is listening for alt.shift 1 but cant hear it because all he hears is alt.shift.ctrl 1.
    The Mage and the DK have no chance of getting mixed signals. A small piece of software called a keymapper runs for each of your Character Slots. Each of these keymappers keeps its own state and is therefore independent of the other keymappers. They can send messages to each other though. When you have a Mapped Key with either multiple Actions with different Targets or even a single Action with a Target that includes multiple Characters, only the keymappers of the appropriate Character Slots receive instructions and those instructions do not include any instructions for the other keymappers.

Note: the above may not be technically correct (I don't have access to the code) but is probably close.

Jack,

Without knowing the exact context of the DK Manifesto point being made there, it's my best guess that what they are talking about is related to the two step macro and what's off cooldown at the moment of the key press(or release). Regarding a "dynamic collision" and key presses, each key press can only result in one action, per the rules multiboxing software authors voluntarily abide by. Only one step, or one key combination can be sent at a time. If there are multiple actions you expect to see happen with a single key press, in reality the program is systematically handling them one at a time. They're distinct and unaware of each other, like being in different train cars on the same track, so there's no chance of the DK "hearing" the Mage combo. You may think you're spamming very fast, but to the computer it's like a year is passing between key presses.

The same holds true for multiple macros/actions in a step. They are executed in order as the program comes across them. They're not being simultaneously broadcast as a collection.

Is that what you were asking?
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 04-19-2012 at 07:03 PM

Blog Entries

My understanding of a mapped key, is that each action is sequential.

The first one tries to fire off, and then the next, until the last one attempts to fire off.
    I have a mapped key, which executes when characters switch windows (the leader swap mapped keys)...

They are:
    - Slot 1 is Leader (Melee)
    - Slot 2 is Leader (Melee)
    - Slot 3 is Leader (Melee)
    - Slot 4 is Leader (Melee)
    - Slot 5 is Leader (Melee)
    - Slot 1 is Leader (Caster)
    - Slot 2 is Leader (Caster)
    - Slot 3 is Leader (Caster)
    - Slot 4 is Leader (Caster)
    - Slot 5 is Leader (Caster)

Rather than run JambaMaster or JambaFollow on a switch, I run the relevant Slot X is Leader (Type) mapped key.
    Each of them runs JambaMaster or JambaFollow, in addition to other things.
    Each is one step long, meaning everything occurs each time... all on the single press.

Slot 1 is Leader (Melee) looks something like this:
    - Leave ATG: NW > Target: All
    - Leave ATG: NE > Target: All
    - Leave ATG: SW > Target: All
    - Leave ATG: SE > Target: All
    - Join ATG: NW > Slot 2.
    - Join ATG: NE > Slot 3.
    - Join ATG SW > Slot 4.
    - Join ATG SE > Slot 5.
    - Do Mapped Key > High Settings > Current Window
    - Do Mapped Key > Low Settings > Other Windows
    - Do Mapped Key > CTM On > All Windows
    - Do Mapped Key > JambaMaster > Current Window

Each of the Leave actions has to occur prior to any of the Join actions, otherwise my dynamic spread out key would not work.
    Spread Out
    - Keystroke Actions > W + E > Target: Group NE
    - Keystroke Actions > W + Q > Target: Group NW
    - Keystroke Actions > S + E > Target: Group SE
    - Keystroke Actions > S + Q > Target: Group SW

The manifesto suggests a random ability will fire off...
    If we were to mash a bunch of keys....

On Down:
    1 chance of Howling Blast.

On Up:
    1 chance of Howling Blast.
    1 chance of Frost Strike.
    1 chance of Frost Strike.
    1 chance of Necrotic Strike.
    1 chance of Death Coil.

It does seem to be fairly random.
    Not sure if that's because Warcraft receives 5+ keybinds within a millisecond of each other... and interprets them as simultaneous and then randomly does one of them?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

cool
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Fogyreef,

Would it be possible to include the wowmacro key combos in the output table as well? Or maybe have a 3rd check box on the first sheet that could add this option.

I have gone thru the code to see if i could follow exactly where it "decides" if a key combo is output to the table on the second sheet. If i am following it correctly, all the key combos get added to the MapArray variable. I am assuming that the whole MapArray variable is sent to the FIllGrid subroutine. I just can follow exactly how the FillGrid sub determines what is a keymap to be output to the table and what is not.

any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shadewalker View Post
    Would it be possible to include the wowmacro key combos in the output table as well?
    Hey there, Shadewalker,

You'll be happy(but maybe confused) to hear that they're already there! If you search the code for "'Search WoW Macros" you'll find the section where it parses the macro combos. It *should* be listing them in the grid for you. I explain below...

I have gone thru the code to see if i could follow exactly where it "decides" if a key combo is output to the table on the second sheet. If i am following it correctly, all the key combos get added to the MapArray variable. I am assuming that the whole MapArray variable is sent to the FIllGrid subroutine.
    The MapArray collects every combo, duplicates and all, one at a time as it finds them. That's the starting point. Then in "'find duplicates" it fills the DuplicateArray with a list of combos that appear more than once in MapArray. In FillGrid every MapArray combo is going to be sent to the grid, but first it's checked against the DuplicateArray to see if it has been flagged as a duplicate. If so, it gets colored red. If not, green, or yellow if it's an FTL combo.

I just can (can't) follow exactly how the FillGrid sub determines what is a keymap to be output to the table and what is not.
    Here's where you may be getting confused. ALL combos get sent to the grid, it's just that duplicates get written into the same cell, with the last duplicate overwritting any previous entries in that cell. Since this first version of my parser is just to locate duplicates and show you what combos have been used or not, I didn't make this an exploded view of all key maps, just all distinct combos. So your WoW Macro combos may just be there, but covered up by a duplicate. (What I could do is populate a comment for cells that have more than one virtualized key map sitting in it.)

Do a self test: Make up a macro and assign it a combo you know to be unused (by virtue of it being blank in the grid). Save your config and go load it in the parser. If that combo does not come up in the grid then please reply with the following:
    • What macro and combo you're trying to use
    • Use the instructions in the first post above to link your config

and I'll take a look.
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 05-01-2012 at 10:08 PM Reason: Clarifications

I have a number of WoW Macros with key combos associated with them, they show up on the first page as seen in this screen shot:

Unfortunatly, they don't show up in the grid.

and after looking more closely at my screen shots (just as I was typing this) , I may know why. I am using the right control modifier and right Alt modifier that don't have a space in your grid.

I will try adding a macro with the regular control modifier and see if that works better.

Thanks for the quick feedback too!

Quick as I saw it! I'll look into those R-mods. Almost finished with the new commenting code, but almost forgot about our raid doing it. :P I'll have it up late tonight or tomorrow.