Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

New version!

Added auto comments: Because the matrix displays distinct combos and not an exploded view of all key maps, when a combo is duplicated all the instances of that combo stack in the same cell. I added a comment so you can hover over the cell and see what is using that combo. Only duplicated combos need this.

Added Right mods: It's not pretty, and it significantly slows the process, but for those of you using "Right Ctrl", "Right Alt", etc. those should now show on the matrix. It added four pages to the matrix, so scroll away.

Not many people use the right mods, so as always, if you find a problem use the instructions in the first post to reply here.

Edit: I'll add a toggle to turn off the Right mods if you don't use them. All the permutations available that the spreadsheet has to check for add significant time to the parser routine.
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 05-05-2012 at 02:04 PM

Thanks Fogy, the update is much appreciated. I have to agree with you that it adds quite a few extra cells, lol. Now I am asking myself why I used the damn right modifiers anyways. Oh well I guess I'll have plenty of key combos before I double up any of my macros.

Thanks again
    -Shade

Added Right Mods toggle. If you don't use right mods turn them off to save parsing time.

I thought there was only 8 variations a key can be used as a key combo
    nomod, shift, alt, ctrl, shift+alt+ctrl, shift+alt, shift+ctrl, ctrl+alt

blizz accepts r-ctrl and left-ctrl. i guess i can test it in the keybinds now.

what about isboxer FTL modifiers like assist FTL. with most of them being right modifers wont they conflict?
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

There appears to be some confusion here regarding how right modifiers are handled by the WoW, and how they should be handled by Fogyreef's parser.

In Shadewalker's example...

he's got a bunch of Right Alt+Numpad, and Right Ctrl+Numpad. Assuming these are Key Combinations assigned to WoW Macros (which seems to be implied here) WoW will treat every single one of these, when bound, as simply Alt+Numpad, and Ctrl+Numpad. You can try it yourself. Go into the Key Bindings screen and try binding something to Right Ctrl+Num / and see what comes out. It'll be Ctrl+Num /. The only way for you to separately use left and right modifiers with WoW Macros is for the macro to use [mod:l___] and [mod:r___] as part of the same WoW Macro.

In summary, what I would recommend to Fogyreef for this parser is to strip the Right out of the Key Combo. Because Left and Right modifiers conflict, in every single case you can parse.

I don't think I have a PC that can operate this sheet to give any other advice, since it doesn't work in either OpenOffice or LibreOffice

Something I'm not really clear on (being unable to see for myself atm) is how many pools of hotkeys/keycombos this is using. WoW Macros for example do not conflict with ISBoxer Hotkeys. Hotkeys bound in the game really only conflict with other Hotkeys bound in or built into the game (yes this might also mean Alt+F4 being interpreted by the game as a hotkey to close the window, not just the hotkeys the game lists in the Key Bindings window...). I would probably not list any outputs (Key Combinations, meaning things that get sent to the game and are interpreted by the game) next to any inputs (ISBoxer Hotkeys, meaning things that ISBoxer will interpret, potentially resulting in an output...). Inputs and Outputs never conflict. Just Inputs vs Inputs (ISBoxer Hotkeys vs each other), and Outputs vs Outputs (Game's Hotkeys vs each other).
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

cool got it.

Lax and anime like Akira have one thing in common. I have to see it multiple times in order to get the whole thing.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

For those trying to use Open Office and others to run the macro-enabled Excel file, it won't work. Open Office uses a different language to access it's functions via coding. I may look into building a web app should I have the time. In the meantime, go visit a buddy with Excel!

If someone knows of a non-Excel program that runs macro-enabled Excel files (.xlsm) please tell us!
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 05-07-2012 at 03:46 AM

Doesn't work for me ....
    Application.PrintCommon is not supported (Microsoft Excel 2007) - delete those 2 lines and using a 'clean' ISBoxer set for WoW - absolutely no other definitions - the wizard sets CTRL+SPACE as others jump .....
    With 'Show All' selected the app shows:
    Space Global Variable Key: Jump

in the 'None' column - the CTRL column is empty - same for many other keys.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    I thought there was only 8 variations a key can be used as a key combo
    nomod, shift, alt, ctrl, shift+alt+ctrl, shift+alt, shift+ctrl, ctrl+alt

blizz accepts r-ctrl and left-ctrl. i guess i can test it in the keybinds now.

what about isboxer FTL modifiers like assist FTL. with most of them being right modifers wont they conflict?
    Yes they do ! create two macro's 'A' (assign to 'N') and 'B' (assign to CTRL+N)
    use Macro A in a multi-step or multi-action keymap with and FTL command - e.g. '/assist {FTL}
    run it up .... all slots will execute Macro A EXCEPT when slot 3 has focus (Left-CTRL = default FTL modifier for slot 3) slot 3 will always execute Macro B - though that keymap knew nothing of Macro B ....

OOPs - just tried this .... and didn't get the result from above - though yesterday was having that problem ....

my slot 3 toon would never execute the correct macro until I removed the ctrl+n key combination for the second macro ....hmmmmmm
    Last edited by Niimus : 05-07-2012 at 03:38 AM

Thanks Niimus. I removed the Application.PrintCommunication lines. They're expendable. Regarding the missing "General: Others Jump" in the Ctrl+Space cell, I cleared my config and ran the basic quick setup wizard and I get the combo. Please use the instructions in the first post to post your config, and detail the steps you took to arrive at that config and I'll take a look at it.

Edit: Niimus - any chance you loaded the file after clearing it but didn't reload the after you ran the wizard?
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 05-07-2012 at 03:48 AM