Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Boosting in instances, no EXP?

I have only quested 5-man teams before. Decided to try to instance boost but the alts don't get any EXP unless they initiate the fight... Haven't played WoW for a while...

pretty sure whether or not they initiate is irrelevant. Are you sure they're in range? Typically if you can see the dots on the minimap, they will receive the XP. Alternatively your alts are too high level for the mobs you're killing, which I highly doubt is your issue, and given the fact that you're in an instance I assume they're in the same party.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Boosted 47 chars lately (wanted to have 5 of each ).
    You get xp as long as you're in range. The booster was the only one who was doing anything to the mobs, rest were just /follow.

you're not in a raid group or something strange are you?
    for only the puller to get xp (and others none at all) would mean that they are either :
    1. not grouped
    2. too far
    3. out of xp level range (grey mobs)
    4. dead
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    you're not in a raid group or something strange are you?
    for only the puller to get xp (and others none at all) would mean that they are either :
    1. not grouped
    2. too far
    3. out of xp level range (grey mobs)
    4. dead
    It also depends on the instance you're running. There are barriers just like before Cata where you can be in range, but behind the barrier where the xp won't go past. Say for instance, you're boosting in Scarlet Monestary Armory. You park your toons at the entrance and run your booster a few rooms and kill everything, boosters get the xp. Go one more room, even tho you can still see them on the map, your booster passed that barrier and anything killed there won't reach your parked toons.

Had this problem once I got to the rooms where you zigzag leading to the stairs. Parked toons didn't recieve xp from anything I killed on the steps even tho they were in that big room, moved them onto the stairs and they got it. There have been videos made in the past teaching people where to park toons and kill mobs for boosting, not sure if they have been updated to the Cata changes or even still on here with the forum changes either.

Check around, if you spot the problem, please share on here as you never know who else could have or be suffering from similar problems.

Are you playing full version or trials?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Are you playing full version or trials?
    shouldn't matter i guess, since the puller (no matter which toon it is) does get xp. Means they are not at max level. Or were you thinking of something else?
    .[I