Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default 4.3.4 Cheating ticket

Hi, since 4.3.4 is providing an easy option to report cheating, don't you think multiboxes are going to have their accounts temporarily banned because of people whining and easily reporting us ?

Are you saying that when someone reports another player for cheating through this new menu option that a GM won't investigate it? Currently, if you get reported for cheating (which many multiboxers have), a GM looks at the case and decides the outcome. If the new system works the way you say it works (auto temp bans through enough reports) then hopefully action can be taken against the people reporting false claims.

I can't see how the new system will be any different than the current system with regards to multiboxing. I'm curious, what logic led you to believe it might be so?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I can't see how the new system will be any different than the current system with regards to multiboxing. I'm curious, what logic led you to believe it might be so?
    I mean, people may much easier report us because of how easy it's going to be... No more pain looking at names with all crazy stuff in it. What if there was a preventive tool to... let's say block the account after 50+ reports ? Moreover, I'm kind of afraid of being "investigated" so often...

I don't think there's going to be any investigation against fake reporter, it would be much harder than just ban-hammering multiboxers-accounts...

We'll see

They added additional reporting options for chat text as well. You can report for spamming and language in addition to above. If there is an auto-temp-ban, and not saying there is, but if there is one it would be from reporting for spamming.

There are so few botters that having a specific "cheating" report option is useless. I dont remember ever seeing a botter in the game.

It does give the players who get pwned by multiboxers an easy rage dump, they will feel less angry if they can report us. I wouldn't be surprised if reporting for cheating just sends the report right into the trash can.

Am sure its just a way for blizzard to get though a lot off tickets faster and get real players for cheating out the game faster then the 3 to 4 day wait time most tickets take now adays. they would nerver tuest a automation system to do this it be crazy if they did. Players reporting players becouse they wont them out a LFG, or whatever. the olny system i know off that gets u a few hours ban is trade spam thats automated. and the system is not silly.

Say they got a group off 10 high trained bot staff on a day that knows what there looking for not all gm's are 100% into all stuff and not all gm's have ban sicks.

all there doing all day is going though logs and logs off report's like someone said a i bet a lot will end up in trashcan this is ture can not a nuff infomation about the report a mutiboxer thats very easy to work out (muti acconts logged in same zone) same IP to easy not going to have many probs.

We be fine.

blizzard is trying to cut down on bots and gm ticket's the framing bots (hardcore is what there after) Atm its like Ticket 24hours+ then gm gets report then send to bot team to deal with the report the ones running (bot frams) yes there is bot frams out there there the ones there after more there very very claver and know how long they can stay loggin before getting the accont lost how many games they can get though and other things like that.

Blizzard ture way to find bots is though the players not there anitbot progames and this system will help them loads.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Are you saying that when someone reports another player for cheating through this new menu option that a GM won't investigate it? Currently, if you get reported for cheating (which many multiboxers have), a GM looks at the case and decides the outcome. If the new system works the way you say it works (auto temp bans through enough reports) then hopefully action can be taken against the people reporting false claims.

Right?

Can you image the massive backlash for an auto temp-ban system? Im inclined to believe an automated banning method isnt a reality. blizz couldnt survive the negative publicity.

I'd caution against getting into "what if" games. If Blizzard decides to do it, there's nothing you can do here that will make a difference. And there's no need to get spun up over something that's just theorycraft. It was already pretty easy to report folks with funny names (shift+click).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

As with most things in the game, if there's an automated option... then a premade, which boxers are to a lesser degree, has a significant advantage.

In a BG, if 10+ players report someone as AFK, they're gone almost right away.
    But when one person reports another player, not much happens.

If there were an automated system, a boxer would have a significant advantage over any one player they had an altercation with.

I'd imagine, if you click someone is a cheater, there would be some kind of investigation.

And I'd also imagine if you wrongly report people...
    There could be a consequence, even if its as simple as your reports are auto junked and are just a waste of your time.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Yeah, neither of those options are something they would insta-ban for. Both cheating and name violations will require a real live person to actually look at the ticket to determine if action needs to be taken. Names because things like masked vulgarity and offensive content can't reasonably be put through a filter - if they could, the filter would catch it at character creation. Cheating because they need to analyze what is being done and how.

Blizzard doesn't take too kindly to abusing the ticket system.

Source

False petitions are not just an unproductive use of your friend's time, but of our Game Masters' as well. Each report given to us is fully investigated, and if we find a player has a pattern of this behavior, they may have their account noted or receive a warning. In ongoing cases, account suspension or even permanent closure could occur. Needless to say, to submit false petitions is ill-advised..

I'd hope they are using this new system to break up different reports into different queues so GMs who don't know anything about cheats won't be investigating cheating reports. It'll probably get better response times out there, too, since it's a simple click and report. That means people can't game the system by submitting tickets through the help menu that are full of irrelevant keywords that get priority.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _