Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Shaman DPS

Default Shaman DPS

So running the macro the single target dps macro, i run part one in #1 and part two in #2.

So i spam 1 and 2 at the same time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eboxa/advanced is my current gear.

I am pulling about 15-17k dps with that macro in LFR 25 man, and in heroics im pulling 13k-16k dps on solo targets.

is this about right with my gear, or am i spammin it wrong?
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

is two step macros supposed to be pressed simultaneously or the rotation on key press and proc on key release? does it matter?

edit** found my answer at the end of this thread

are you using the ones based off Mercurio's or Argents?
    Last edited by JackBurton : 04-16-2012 at 01:49 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

i use mercs 2 step, but i broke it down into two buttons. Two step macros are kinda iffy for me.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Here is a SS of dps:

Ultrax

By candleboxx at 2012-04-16

and overall

By candleboxx at 2012-04-16
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

notice that Gaids is top on dmg done.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    So running the macro the single target dps macro, i run part one in #1 and part two in #2.

So i spam 1 and 2 at the same time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eboxa/advanced is my current gear.

I am pulling about 15-17k dps with that macro in LFR 25 man, and in heroics im pulling 13k-16k dps on solo targets.

is this about right with my gear, or am i spammin it wrong?
    There is a lot you can do with your gear, i.e. gem/enchant/reforge correctly: gem boots, get int/spirit enchant for legs, gem waist & get the belt buckle for an extra gem, enchant your hands, enchant your wrist, change resil gem in chest & shoulder, no head/shoulder enchant (from honor or rep). Not reforged whatsoever to get hit capped for raid bosses.

For ele the stat priority is: hit/spirit till cap (1742 for raidboss, less for a dranei), intellect, spell power, haste, mastery, crit (haste is close to mastery and not mutually exclusive, once you obtain 4 pieces of T13 mastery pulls ahead).

But yeah, in pve gear you can't pvp, and in pvp gear you'll do shit dps in pve.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

i understand the geming stat priotity, but was just making sure my macro was working correctly. Im sure ill throw another 2k on there with hit cap.

not that i care to much about pve, would be nice to do decent enough not to get kicked from raids.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

As a matter of comparison, if anyone cares, in LFR I pull about 28K DPS on my lesser geared Ele Shamans and about 33K on my main raiding shaman, averaged across all 8 boss fights.
    At least according to recount. Take that for what it's worth.
    My lesser shamans are almost always in the top 10 DPS and my main is usually in the top 5, if not higher.
    Last edited by Bollwerk : 04-16-2012 at 06:13 PM

So my macro is crap? or is it because you are hit capped/ pve gear
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    So my macro is crap? or is it because you are hit capped/ pve gear
    With your awful stats the damage you do isn't that bad i'd say. Bollwerk does more because he has good trinkets, he is gemmed/reforged and has the 4 set pve gear bonus (allthough he should use int/mastery gems instead of int/haste, but that won't make the big difference, and while i'm at it glyph of lava burst > glyph of lightning bolt because overload lava bursts benefit from the glyph whereas lb overloads are not influenced by it).
    Last edited by zenga : 04-16-2012 at 11:24 PM
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!