Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Shaman DPS

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    With your awful stats the damage you do isn't that bad i'd say. Bollwerk does more because he has good trinkets, he is gemmed/reforged and has the 4 set pve gear bonus (allthough he should use int/mastery gems instead of int/haste, but that won't make the big difference, and while i'm at it glyph of lava burst > glyph of lightning bolt because overload lava bursts benefit from the glyph whereas lb overloads are not influenced by it).
    I'm a bit of a slave to the reforge/gemming/enchanting advice of askmrrobot.com - I'm way too lazy to do the math on my own for each toon. =)
    I'll have to post on their forums about the mastery thing for 4pc.
    I wasn't aware of the glyph thing. I'll have to change that out.

Thanks.

Edit - Turns out they (AMR) are aware of the haste/mastery thing, but they are unwilling/unable to setup AMR to detect for 2pc/4pc bonuses to alter stat weights, so their advice is to manually adjust stat weights.
    Any suggestions on what my stat weights should be?
    Last edited by Bollwerk : 04-17-2012 at 01:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    I'm a bit of a slave to the reforge/gemming/enchanting advice of askmrrobot.com - I'm way too lazy to do the math on my own for each toon. =)
    I'll have to post on their forums about the mastery thing for 4pc.
    I wasn't aware of the glyph thing. I'll have to change that out.

Thanks.

Edit - Turns out they (AMR) are aware of the haste/mastery thing, but they are unwilling/unable to setup AMR to detect for 2pc/4pc bonuses to alter stat weights, so their advice is to manually adjust stat weights.
    Any suggestions on what my stat weights should be?
    It's a myth that there is something like a universal stat weight for ele shamans. it's different for every gear level. Many of these reforging tools use the best in slot stat weights. But what you need to do is download simcraft, import your toon and run a simulation with stats weight enabled, that will show the correct stat weights for your gear. Haste and mastery are pretty close to eachother before you have the 4p set bonus, unless you have the legendary. askmrrobot is ... well I don't want to use the piece of crap word, but you get the picture. There is a brilliant addon called reforgelight, and when you talk to the reforge dude it should pop up automatically. I just put in some crazy high value for mastery, lower one for haste and 0 for crit, and leave hit cap enabled. It does the job correctly and will reforge all your gear. Really the best advice I can give you is download simcraft, it even allows you to import your armory. And if you want to play around there is a site called chardev, that you can export as well to simcraft.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

I've tried to learn and use simcraft in the past, but the learning curve is too steep for me to invest my time in. If I were in a bleeding edge progression guild, I would. But I'm not. =)
    I'll check out reforgelight and try your suggestions.
    I don't think AMR is crap, but it isn't 100% accurate/reliable for all situations.

well i reforged every piece to get enough hit rating. will run today and see how i do in LFR.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    I've tried to learn and use simcraft in the past, but the learning curve is too steep for me to invest my time in. If I were in a bleeding edge progression guild, I would. But I'm not. =)
    I'll check out reforgelight and try your suggestions.
    I don't think AMR is crap, but it isn't 100% accurate/reliable for all situations.
    I'll make a small video guide later today for simcraft
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

i noticed a slight difference in dps, but i still sit around the same numbers. im going to go with gearing now. I got another piece of LFR on my shaman and he is higher than the other two.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

I should note that I had to tweak Mercurio's 2 step macros a bit to work better for my stats.
    I would suggest using a raid dummy with a single toon, make sure "#showtooltip" is at the top of your macro, then watch closely as you DPS, to see if the macro is getting hung anywhere on a cooldown and watch your lightning shield charges to see when Earth Shield is going off.
    Also make sure Flame Shock is recasting before it drops, but not overlapping TOO much. Ideally, I think you want it to recast when there's 1-2sec left on it.
    With a macro, it's nearly impossible to get Earth Shield to always cast at the ideal (7-8 charges) time, but you can still get pretty good DPS if you keep an eye on those things I mentioned.

ill look into it. i still feel sluggish with 3 pc and the staff from LFR.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>