Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Looting while boosting

I recently learned how to be able to tell if a mob has a green or higher quality item on it without actually having to loot the corpse and I thought I would share it, although I suspect that most ppl probably know about this already.

If you set to group loot and then set your master/booster to "pass on loot," you will be able to see the sparkle on the corpses that contain green items or higher. I had to turn off jamba in order to get this to work, as it seems jamba would always set "pass on loot" back to off.

This has been a huge help to me as I just recently RAF'd some new accounts in order to 10box and have been doing tons of boosting runs. I can speed through an instance and not wonder if I am leaving behind any boe epics or sweet xmog gear.

Bah!
    I finish boosting 47 chars and then read this. Figures...
    Thanks for sharing though.

Blog Entries

The choice really is to check every corpse... for the cloth, which won't sparkle.
    Or to set your loot threshold to uncommon (greens) or rare (blues), and Master Loot them as they drop.

With the advent of Transmogrification, its worthwhile to grab all of the greens.
    Using the addon generated for my server from 'The Undermine Journal', some greens have a suggested buyout of 850+ gold... and I've actually sell around one green at that value, per set of five toons that quest/level 2-3 levels in a session.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

What ualaa says, there are quite some greens that are worth a ton of gold. I sold a few massacre swords lately for 8 and 10k. Got them while leveling my new team.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Once AOE looting is in the game I will go back to looting. But for now I would rather have the extra time then the extra gold.

The whole point of my suggestions was so that you dont miss out on any greens or patterns or anything else that will sell well on the auction house. Using group loot w/ pass on loot on your main, you still loot all the greens, but you dont have to check all the corpses. You will be able to tell just by looking at the corpse if it has a green or higher on it. So with this method you are only having to stop and loot how ever many corpses have greens, which is probably like 3-5 per run. This makes it fast and efficient. You are only missing out on the cloth.

Correct me if I am wrong, but with master looter you would still have to check every corpse to see if it had a green or not....right?

I believe greens and especially blues have a longer loot timeout before corpses fade. For example if on your run back to the zone in you see only one corpse where there was once a dozen and its still sparkling its usually a blue.

If the primary reason you loathe to loot because you end up with lots of trash in your bags there are looting addons that will filter what you keep on the pickup.
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-15-2012 at 11:12 PM Reason: Merged
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

I more loathe the actual looting of the mobs. I never do it unless I'm farming something specific or if its a collection quest. I don't care if I miss a few greens/blues/purples/w.e
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    I believe greens and especially blues have a longer loot timeout before corpses fade. For example if on your run back to the zone in you see only one corpse where there was once a dozen and its still sparkling its usually a blue.
    True.

I do a mix while boosting during RAF, at least.

I don't loot trash until 70. But I run with pass on loot and master looter, so I loot all nameds and assign the BoAs as I go.

Works out well as a middle ground for me, at 70 toons come out with enough money from selling BoAs to buy skills.

I then run 70-80 in LFD and that makes up the money as needed. Mount skills get expensive though...