Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Hybrid View

Default Monk DPS Healing

Not my video, but I thought people might like to witness the potential. Can you imagine 4-5 of these in a group? If this doesn't get nerfed before release I'll be very, very surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jW6dfUm8c

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Not my video, but I thought people might like to witness the potential. Can you imagine 4-5 of these in a group? If this doesn't get nerfed before release I'll be very, very surprised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jW6dfUm8c
    They dont tune the numbers until right before release. It does look interesting though.

It's the fact that he's in DPS gear that piqued my interest. He says he was in mostly greens and a few blues. I can't see them tuning the damaging abilities to intellect, since they're used in DPS specs, too. They can't nerf the base numbers without effecting Monks overall healing. Besides which, Blizzard has stated that they want DPS-Healing to be viable. Seems like the whole class concept is just a pain to balance properly and will inevitably multiply well for a boxer.

It's not so far different from what the Priests atonement spec is now, except Priests don't get a spammable AoE (that applies atonement) or a group HoT, which are amazing tools for a boxer.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 04-15-2012 at 03:49 PM

4healers and 1 tank in a dungeon would be hot. Not a lot of dps, but hopefully unkillable

Looks very cool!
    Last edited by Owltoid : 04-15-2012 at 10:37 PM Reason: didn't want to steal thunder
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

04/17

We had to tone down Mistweaver DPS. In our raid tests, they were contributing too much damage while still being effective healers.

Mistweavers should use Intellect leather. We just have to make sure that any of their damage-dealing abilities don't make Agi attractive.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 04-17-2012 at 02:30 PM

I remember leveling up 4 disc priests, I just spammed smite, which did passive healing all the way up to level 80 without issues. I was doing more DPS than most people up until 72 or so. I imagine Monks will be similar. Leveling up it will be on par due to the skill/gear differences and the fact that most people leveling in dungeons aren't trying that hard. Once you are at max level, you cease to do competitive DPS, but rather you just contribute a bit to the overall damage.