Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default looking for something similar to button fasade...

looking for something similar to button fasade...

something that puts an overlay on equipment in my bags denoting them boe or bop. kinda like this xloot picture
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Bagnon paired up with oGlow does this. Seeing as Combuctor uses Bagnon I'm sure oGlow works with that as well.

thanks for the quick answer MiRai !
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

button façade was taken over a while ago by masque
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Instead of item highlighting, I use ArkInventory, which allows you to create "compartments" based on rules. The compartments re-size dynamically based on how full they are. Now you instantly know when you picked up a BoE, trash, gems, etc. 'cause they have their own spot. Entire equipment sets can have their own section. You can sort any way you want, from ilvl to name, rarity, etc. It also knows the inventory of your alts, their bank and mail as well. Now, some people apparently like searching in one giant bag for something, but I'll never go back to the old everything-in-one bag set up.

A picture's worth 1000 words.
    Last edited by Fogyreef : 05-16-2012 at 02:03 AM

combuctor > all bag addons

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    combuctor > all bag addons
    What does it do better or different than bagnon?

I really like bagnon, but ideally I want it to
    -let me sort my stuff in my bag (so that all red gems are listed one after another, and then gear, etc .... like arkinventory does, which i find clumsy and slow).
    -toggle between those views (i.e. normal view and sorted view)
    -allow me to make a list of what it should put in my bank and what to take out of my bank (i.e. sometimes i spec resto shaman, but i dont want to carry the gear in my bags all the time, so with 1 click it would take out/place the resto set into my bank)

Haven't seen an addon that offers this functionality.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

-let me sort my stuff in my bag (so that all red gems are listed one after another, and then gear, etc .... like arkinventory does, which i find clumsy and slow).
    -allow me to make a list of what it should put in my bank and what to take out of my bank (i.e. sometimes i spec resto shaman, but i dont want to carry the gear in my bags all the time, so with 1 click it would take out/place the resto set into my bank)

Combuctor uses Bagnon as its base and just adds functionality to it. I find that I don't require the extra functionality nor the larger frame that Combuctor uses so, I just stick to Bagnon myself.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post

Not sure about the clumsy and slow part. Maybe I don't notice.

I suggested these features with Bagnon who replied it's far beyond the scope of that addon to attempt. Once you configure your rules you get all the functionality you're requesting, including swapping gear into/out of the bank. Just make a rule named after your gear set(s) and you'll have separate containers for each set. If the set's in the bank, it's empty container is hidden. I keep four sets plus a vanity set, fishing set and various world-hopping gear/tabbards. I'm unsure if Bagnon can keep those from mixing. That would drive me nuts not knowing in a glance if I'm carrying extraneous gear. Once I upgrade a piece the old piece falls down into the Soulbound section to be DE'd. Overall it's not as compact, which seems to be the biggest sticking point with folks, but I don't mind with my monitor. Functionality > real estate for me.

For multiboxing, and especially with AoE looting in Mists, having all that stuff sorted for you when you open your slaves is a real time saver.

/unpaidendorsement