Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 22

added some UI / Utility macros in there. anyone have any useful ones i missed in there.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

I am interested in this idea.

However, I am a little lost. I tried downloading and importing your example file and it seemed to not work. I would love to make my macros be in isboxer instead of the wow client.

I might try small and attempt a few of these and see if I can figure it out myself. I've had a lot of luck and understanding on some of the other ones... even if I don't have the best grasp on wow macros yet.

Ok. I imported your macro set and am looking at each one you created and I feel like there is something I am missing. (Be kind, I might just be really stupid right now).

I understand the concept of assigning toons to Action Target Groups.
    I understand the logic of the "if character is class X" Do y
    I am completely lost on how to actually assign your macros to keys....

For example:

Spam [~] PreOpener

/click ErrorsOFF
    !if (character in "Class Shaman Elemental") /cast Mana Totem
    !if (character in "Class Priest") /cast Fear Ward
    !if (character in "Class Warlock") /cast Shadowfury
    !if (character in "Class Paladin") Hammer of Justice
    !if (character in "Class Mage") /cast Slow
    /click ErrorsON
    Your Key Combination is set to Ctrl+Shift+E, but your description says that it's the "Spam ~ PreOpener"

What would I have to set up to make this work with ~ ?

I think I am overlooking the whole idea of Hotkey and Key Mapping. Or maybe I should have a better understanding before I fully tackle writing macros inside ISBoxer.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those - "I'm an idiot" moments... but I think if I can figure out this once example I'll be set.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wakasm : 05-02-2012 at 02:02 AM

Go to keymaps and copy one of the FTL DPS keys.
    its the easiest way to to template the kind of thing we want
    rename it whatever you want.
    assign whatever hotkey you want
    delete the press keyboard # action
    create new action > keystroke actions > create new named world of warcraft macro action
    select the macro you wanted
    in isboxer profile save your work
    import to innerspace
    do an in game reload only if your still in game when your doing these tweaks so the isboxer addon changes isboxer made take effect
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Ok - I got all of my cast sequence macros and proc macros working for my current team through isboxer.

When I test using individual dps keys (I have them set to ` and 1) they work across all toons. They were all written using ATG conditions: (If Fire Mage, do this, etc)

Instead of including them all into one macro, I separated them out into their own class/spec macros (Similar to Aragents groupings... Progress!).

However, I can't seem to get 2-step to work properly:
    My old version of 2-step (based off one of Ualaa's helpful threads) basically would send out 222,222,222, where 2 was my dps sequence macro and "," was my proc macro set in my WoW UI. Now that I am trying to use macros from IsBoxer - i thought the way I did it below was correct.

However, the proc never triggers. It just does the DPS sequence over and over and it never triggers the Proc.

I am trying to mimic your ideas with Aragent's organization/groupings (and maybe this is where it got stuck? Not sure).

BTW - thank you so much. I really am pounding my head and testing/learning. Trying to only ask when I reallllly get stuck.

Last edited by wakasm : 05-02-2012 at 04:46 AM

So stupid.

I kept playing around for another hour... and I made it much simpler. Which seems to work now.

Instead of using the macros for each step... I just used the Mapped Key for those macros and now the 2-step seems to work with my above set-up.

Much appreciated. I feel like this is a leap for me.

tweaking isboxer is almost a game in itself.

Awesome concept, thanks Jack!

I am still trying to grasp many things, I got your macro setup copied, what would really help if you could share your entire isboxer xml save file (removing account data of course) so that I could go thru your keymaps and see how you set those up to deal with two-steps etc. Is that possible (or maybe just keymaps - they can be copied to clipboard I think)? If it is, would be much appreciated, I am still playing with 3 different teams all around 40-50 lvl trying to decide on which combo I like best, so the isboxer macros save lots of pain I am sure you can send xml directly to my email too I guess - akourbat@gmail.com or post the file on sharing web servers...

Thanks!

P.S. BTW, is Aragent's project dead? His thread was closed, but apparently he was working on updating his sets (which are very usefull when levelling) and I could not find any further posts on that.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...Project-Update
    Last edited by akourbat : 05-03-2012 at 06:06 PM

sorry about the delay. been busy with work and family.

Quote Originally Posted by akourbat View Post
    P.S. BTW, is Aragent's project dead? His thread was closed, but apparently he was working on updating his sets (which are very usefull when levelling) and I could not find any further posts on that.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...Project-Update
    I dont want to lie to you. I dont know. I dont see it in the isboxer beta forum. Some guy named Vecter edited the aragent thread saying that macro's are bugged. I'd like to know whats bugged and why though. I've PM'ed his Dual-Boxingt account. I offerred to help beta test his work but got no reply. The last post i saw was seven months ago. Maybe he's like apple and is metering out improvements only once a year. http://irc.lavishsoft.com/forum/view...f5feb111#p7007

Code:
     Originally Posted by Leovindica 
    I hope Aragent will pick this up again but I'm not sure as I haven't seen him around for a while. If you read through the thread you will find that ppl have got it working after altering certain things. 08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lax
    I've been consulting with Aragent in email about an update to this project, and he sent me a copy of his current changes. I think we'll see something soon, and I think you guys will like it The new version should be pretty simple to follow and easy to maintain or make changes to. 11-19-2011, 01:41 PM
    No im just joking. I bet Lax knows. PM Him. or go to his irc channel.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 05-04-2012 at 11:09 PM

Cool, thx for the email - still going thru all these macros

Just wanted to share a small macro - I found useful having a mouseover taunt available on my pally tank when things get hectic (on overpull for example) -

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Hand of Reckoning

This way you dont have to switch targets.

Also, it's a pity Aragent decided to take a break - I find his idea of having a two-step macro for levelling (0-5, 5-10,.. etc.) very appealing. Saves major hassle redoing in-game macros when new spell becomes available on a given character.