Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Dual or Tri- Boxing Tengus

So, when the 60 day trials came out I immediately made 3 and began training for Tengus. They are about a month from completion (T2 tank, T2 Heavy Missiles, V's in all subsystems, IV's in all relevent navigation and missile support). Originally, they were going to be for sale. At around 5-6 bil each, that's a considerable amount of money for someone whose main is only around 8 million SP.

However, I've begun thinking of long term plans, and long term cash flow. Currently I have enough isk to finish training the characters, and transfer them to a buyer's account. Alternatively, I have enough isk to finish training the characters and buy three Tengus. Also, I'm currently in a large null-sec alliance with pretty much infinite access to hubs/havens/sanctums. Additionally, if it's more profitable to run LvL 4 missions, do that instead.

So, Choices:

A) Buy three Tengus. Tri Box them using ISboxer (which is entirely legit for eve online). I'm pretty sure this is overkill for a Hub, so I'd be going Sanctums/Havens (or spamming lvl 4 missions). Some concerns; Can Tengus tank Sanctums/Havens? I'm also concerned about overlapping dps; 1 volley from each is just wasted missiles on a frigate or cruiser. And maybe eve 2 volleys each is wasted on a BS.

B) Buy two Tengus, sell one character. The dps overlapping mentioned above won't be as bad, and I'd get a large chunk of isk too. Also, I'm pretty sure I could manually dual box two ships (Orbit @ set distance change targets, set modules) and wouldn't have to use ISboxer.

C) Buy one Tengu, sell two characters. Basically, keep a Tengu for myself for ratting purposes. Get a big chung of isk to keep.

D) Sell all three Tengus, have a ton of isk to keep.

E) I just now came up with alternative E. Buy one Tengu, sell two characters. With the isk from the characters, buy a Carrier pilot (which I'm really interested in getting into). Use the carrier pilot, along with participating in alliance ops and personal logistics, to assign fighters to the single Tengu to augment DPS.

So, choose an alternative and tell me why, thanks for your time.

I would go option E.

I have been an eve player since 04' and am just getting into the multi-boxing via software thing. Having the ability to get in and out of 0.0 space with a carrier alt is essential. Get the carrier & train the alts on the other account or 2 for cynos & you can make yourself one of the richest players in eve with the ability to get anywhere in the game if your alliance moves.

I would even go as far as to propose option F:

Get a 4th account which, once you have skills will be easy to keep going via PLEX so you don't have to pay cash for em. train a main on each for the tengu thing as you can come in and out of 0.0 at will with a travel fit on each. This will be your initial money making setup. Use this to run Sanctums, Havens & Forlorn Hubs. Once you are doing that you should train the characters to where you have at least 1 carrier with Jump Calibration 5 and all the alt slots on every account train for cyno alts. I have a nice lil skill set to use too:

All Racial frigs 3
    Cyno Field Theory 3
    Propulsion jamming 3
    High Speed Maneuvering 1
    Hull Upgrades 1

(Use the Tristan frigate as your cyno ship)

This gets you mobile where you can go anywhere in eve whenever you want, & when you have 8 cyno alts that you can use you can pretty much reach the furthest reaches of 0.0 while remaining 100% self sufficient. Next step is where you REALLY want to have every character cyno capable with that skill set.....

Start training another character for a jump freighter with all the lvl 5 skills, 3rd main for a noctis, and another for a dread.

This all eventually leads to you having 1-2 characters making insane iskies with a noctis alt following around salvaging everything behind you making you 100% profit with no waste and the JF to haul it all into empire for best refine / meltdowns & frigging epic weekly sales profit.

Use the isk to send that dread pilot to titan level & the first carrier to mothership level and train another standard carrier. That's pretty much the end of the game there.

Keep in mind that this will take years to accomplish, but with the insane isk coming in off of your initial multi-tengu setup you can pretty much always have +5 attribute implants in your head the whole time & save years in the long run by doing it that way. This is also what I do, only the startup part was much slower on my end as I had no multi-boxing software, or multi-tengu setup.

I've also been playing since '04. I use roughly 9 accounts and some depending on what im doing. Also i do not use any multiboxing software for Eve as of yet. I really should try to incorporate it sometime though.

My solo/farm setup for haven/sanctums is usually: 5 Carriers 3 Tengus and 1 Scout alt. The setup i use is very much overkill, but it allows me to farm a whole system full of sanctums and havens. I can usually monopolize the whole circuit of those within a system. The money it yields on a daily basis is enough to pay for the accounts.

For my small gang fighting i use 5 Domis and 2 Scouts. This is my primary bait setup when im flying with friends or camping.

For fleets if im not flying a Logi or Triage Carrier, im usually flying in a fleet boosting Absolution.

I primarily do not use my carriers for anything but PvE and personal logics. When i fly mini-fleet around i usually have a rorqual and jump freighter in tow carrying most if not all my belongings. I do more often leave my rorqual collecting dust as i do not mine as much as i used to, and the JF with Cal V can go much further.

If i has to do this all over again, i would definitely go at least 3 toons maybe 4.

1 Carrier, 1 Tengu, 1 Scout, and 1 Salvager. That would be bare minimum for me to start all over with. That will be small enough to farm in 0.0 effectively and pay for the accounts themselves.
    Meeo/Nibilus