Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Hybrid View

Unhappy Having a hard time wrapping my head around everything...

I'm feeling frustrated. About two years ago, I did some dual boxing back on World of Warcraft... Haven't played MMO's in a while and now I find SWTOR and I'm giddy with anticipation.

Then I hear about ISboxer and I think "YAY! I CAN DUAL BOX SWTOR!"

But for the life of me, I can't seem to follow the directions in the threads I've been reading... I can't wrap my head around the process.

I've installed Innerspace, and ISBoxer suite. I intiated and completed the "Quick Setup wizard" and after that I can get in game.

When I do get in game, I have one Toon1 on the first monitor and Toon2 on the other monitor, but my problem herein starts... Keybindings... I can do the "broadcast all" and get both characters to move around, but I can't figure out how to set up targeting, follow, or attacks... Maybe I just need a nap and then come at it with a fresh brain, because right now i feel like it's mush! =)

Is there a way to just download someone elses setup and simply use all of the same keys that they have set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Doom&Boom View Post
    Is there a way to just download someone elses setup and simply use all of the same keys that they have set up?
    Possibly. You'll enjoy things much more when you begin to understand what's going on. To put it most simply, think about how a second character would "assist" another player. Treat it as if your second character is being played by a blind person and must rely on someone else for targeting and /following for movement in general. Once you've identified the macros and commands it takes to assist your main character, then it's just a matter of condensing those commands down to the least amount of keys required to effectively do what you need to do.

I realize this is a bit of a philosophical explanation but it really does go to the root of understanding what you're doing. You might end up being even more confused using someone else's setup since you don't yet know how the various ISBoxer mechanics all tie together.

TL;DR = patience, grasshopper.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Follow this guide. It's made for two boxing. This is the guide that got me started.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...an-SWTOR-setup
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

Ok, I'm still plugging away...

Now, I'm running a two man team. Warrior / Sorcerer. My warrior named Avatar 1 and my Sorcerer is Avatar 2 in ISBoxer.

Is Avatar 1 then always "Slot 1" or if i switch over to the Sorcerer is the sorcerer then becoming Slot 1?

I know this is probably basic, but I just want to make sure i'm not messing up somewhere basic.

Ok, I'm still plugging away...

Now, I'm running a two man team. Warrior / Sorcerer. My warrior named Avatar 1 and my Sorcerer is Avatar 2 in ISBoxer.

Is Avatar 1 then always "Slot 1" or if i switch over to the Sorcerer is the sorcerer then becoming Slot 1?

I know this is probably basic, but I just want to make sure i'm not messing up somewhere basic.
    Slots simply mean the character number in your Isboxer character set not in game. So if targeting Slot1 it's the avatar 1 always (since it's first in the list in Isboxer). If you target "{SLOT} it's whichever character/account/window is active, which would be either 1 or 2 and Isboxer will determine that when you run the command.

Riiker helped me out as I struggled getting SWTOR up and running right in ISBoxer. You have a mixed team which will make it a bit more challenging to get everything right, whereas I only box the same two toons with the same specs on both my accounts. I'll gladly send you my setup if you want, just let me know.

I have mine named Toon A and Toon B in ISBoxer to keep it simple for any team I am running. Even though it's named two sentinels in my inner space list, though I've stopped playing them in favor of my two sages which hit 42 today.
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Ok. I fell into te tutorials for a few days, even on lunch breaks at work and I managed to get my team setup right. I know have a sage/gaurdian combo at level 11...

I could only get my combat targeting to work with "Tab"... But progress is progress! And this is a LoT of fun.

Thanks for all the help!

Ok. I fell into te tutorials for a few days, even on lunch breaks at work and I managed to get my team setup right. I know have a sage/gaurdian combo at level 11...

I could only get my combat targeting to work with "Tab"... But progress is progress! And this is a LoT of fun.

Thanks for all the help!
    Im glad that it's working for! Just know that now that it's working, you will probably never stop tweaking the setup to do all of the very specific things that you need.
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

Glad to hear you are having fun. That two man combo will work out well for you.
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327