Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Selling alchemy leveling kits

I use a list found on wow-professions.com (that I put in excel) to gather herbs for leveling alchemy. I take my time (multiple weeks) to buy the mats in the AH for cheap then just store them in my guild vault until I am ready.

I just finished collecting enough for 5 toons to level alchemy to max, and I happened to mention that in trade chat and immediately had an offer to buy 1 for 25k gold.

Of course I sold it, as I calculate I maybe spent 3k for it, at most.

I have so much money I probably would rather have the kit for my team, but if they sell for that much and that quickly I may start selling them.

Just a thought for anyone looking for somewhat easy gold.

Yeh i had this idea also back in the days, never got around to try it tho, but i bet people can pay loads just to get everything served (compare it to people who buys "alreadybuildcomputers") and pay abit extra for it.

Hello Community btw.
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

you got that spreadsheet? i would be interested in farming it all out though. i need mounts.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

Quote Originally Posted by candlebox View Post
    you got that spreadsheet? i would be interested in farming it all out though. i need mounts.
    Its pretty basic for a spreadsheet but you are welcome to it.

You enter how many toons you are building for, then print out and collect the number of herbs. It does not include the trinket and only includes mats up to level 514. The rest can be done with transmutes or whatever.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Thanks JohnGabriel for that. I think I'll grab it myself.

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

bad ass. thanks man
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

tytytytytytytytyyttytytytytytytyty
    I will get to leveling my Herbalist right away and see if I can't make a little bit of gold on the side with this for the same reason as Candlebox. I want that 3xseater mammoth from Dalaran, VoSands, and some choppers
    --------------------------------------
    As a sidenote, any idea how many vials are needed for this and with these herbs are they for skills with orange names, or some yellow/green? I'm goin to level up a Lock with Alchemy, but right now he's only 32 plus not all the herbs in this list are on the AH for my server, or not all that's needed.

Selling these as a packet, would you suggest adding in about 5-10 extra of certain ones as a buffer in case no point is givin for leveling up? So far I've gotten about 90% of these off the AH and spent maybe 3k total, I'll have to farm the rest out myself, but have no Herbalist atm.
    Last edited by lans83 : 04-13-2012 at 08:07 AM Reason: added ?s

Blog Entries

To judge by my experiences trying to sell levelling kits earlier in the expansion I think that 25k is wildly optimistic for an alchemy kit. I got tons of harassment in trade trying to sell a BS kit for through 425 for 8k.

I really wouldn't try to do alchemy for more than twice the cost of mats.

Incidentally, if you have some empty profession slots on your teams, herbalism has that nice haste boost and only takes a couple of sessions to level. It's pretty straightforward to gather the right herbs for an alchemy kit while levelling herb at the same time. Except for one thing.

Buy the goddamn goldthorn. There is no good way to farm it. Period. Definitely the least herb-per hour that you absolutely have to have while levelling (others that are tricky, like stranglekelp, can either be skipped or bought cheap). Goldthorn is expensive because it is a pain to farm.

goldthorn is good money...i farmed it in Barrens before that angry dragon burned my herbs man...wicked.
    Kel'thuzad US Alliance
    <Belt Fed>

You're going to have extra of some herbs and missing others, there isnt any way around it. It will differ each time based on the RNG so cant really plan ahead unless you get extra of everything.

This was also the first kit I have ever sold so cant help with an average price either. I suggest selling for big if you only have one to sell, eventually its going to sell, somebody out there doesn't want to collect all those herbs themselves.