Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Help with FTL

Question Help with FTL

Wanted to try out FTL and figured that it would best be to see if it works using a follow macro.

HotKeyNet sends the right keys, but nothing happens. The characters don't follow anyone.
    Screenshot: http://imgur.com/w4lmwhl
    I have default key binds, so nothing interferes with the macro.
    Anyone has any idea what to do?

EDIT: I multibox 4 WoWs, pasted the unedited script by accident.

Script that I use:
    Code:
    // %1% : Master Key// %2% : Slave Key
    // %3% : Modifier
    // %4% : SlavesToSend
    <Template SendMasterAndSlave>
             <SendFocusWin>
                      <Key %1%>
             <Sendlabel %4%>
                      <Key %3% %2%>
    <EndTemplate>

// %1% : master key
    // %2% : slave key
    // %3% : modifier
    // %4% : Active window
    // %5% : Slave Windows
    <Template SendLeaderless>
            <If ActiveWinIs %4%>
                <ApplyTemplate SendMasterAndSlave "%1%" "%2%" "%3%" "%5%">
    <EndTemplate>

// %1% : master-key
    // %2% : slave-key
    <Template FTL>
              <Hotkey %1%>     
                       <ApplyTemplate SendLeaderless "%1%" "%2%" "rctrl rshift" WoW1 "w2,w3,w4,w5">
                       <ApplyTemplate SendLeaderless "%1%" "%2%" "rctrl ralt" WoW2 "w1,w3,w4,w5">
                       <ApplyTemplate SendLeaderless "%1%" "%2%" "ralt rshift" WoW3 "w1,w2,w4,w5">
                       <ApplyTemplate SendLeaderless "%1%" "%2%" "rctrl ralt rshift" WoW4 "w1,w2,w3,w5">
                       <ApplyTemplate SendLeaderless "%1%" "%2%" "rctrl" WoW5 "w1,w2,w3,w4">          
    <EndTemplate>

<ApplyTemplate FTL 1 1>
    Macro (3 lines):
    Code:
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:rctrl,mod:rshift,nomod:ralt,target=Toon1][mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,nomod:rshift,target=Toon2]
    [mod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl,target=Toon3][mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,mod:rshift,target=Toon4]
    /follow 
    /targetlasttarget
    Last edited by NotReallyNew : 04-17-2016 at 04:21 PM

I don't know much of anything about HKN, but you can cut the macro down to this:

Code:
    /follow [mod:rctrl,mod:rshift,nomod:ralt]CharacterOne;[mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,nomod:rshift]CharacterTwo;[mod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl]CharacterThree;[mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,mod:rshift]CharacterFour
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I'll try it later, will edit for update.

Lightbulb

Hi. My own script for this feature is here (sorry, but i couldnt paste him here, because 10k chars is limit for message) and it works good for RIFT game.

With default key bindings in wow you need change only 2 keys. Bind "Follow Target" on Alt+F. And "Set View 4" in camera section on "End" button for restoring camera angle. Macro no need.

Characters targets the leader with F2-F5 buttons before attacking and uses F for assisting target.

I wrote an article when created this. this is on russian, but you can use translate from google (article for rift is on this site too).
    Last edited by Pashted : 09-25-2016 at 04:03 PM Reason: link on translated version

Quote Originally Posted by Pashted View Post
    Hi. My own script for this feature is here (sorry, but i couldnt paste him here, because 10k chars is limit for message) and it works good for RIFT game.

I wrote an article when created this. this is on russian, but you can use translate from google (article for rift is on this site too).
    First, I'd like to say that it's always nice for the community to contribute and share, and please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm no HKN expert, but that isn't FTL since you're relying on F-keys for targeting.

Now, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from using your method, but, in my opinion, the major draw to using FTL is that you're: 1) using only two keys to bind both your follow and assist to, and 2) you remove the shortcoming of, well... every other method. If I'm correctly reading what you've written (I only quickly glanced over it), you're using the F-keys for all targeting based upon which window is active. The problem here is that the F-keys will fail if the party order changes, which includes anytime you get put into a raid group with others.

For example, in World of Warcraft, if you're going to jump into LFR, F-key targeting will break down and no longer function correctly because F2, F3, F4, and F5 no longer target the correct character, and they're likely going to target some random person in the raid where you have no control over the ordering of players/frames. This example also holds true in RIFT where you're constantly being thrown into a raid group during public RIFT events and player/frame ordering is automatically being adjusted and out of your control.

However, I will say that if you're creating a specific macro to target or assist each of your characters, and then binding those to the F-keys, then that's different (and arguably a lot more work).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

1. You are right, its not full FTL) because target on slaves doesnt clear. But for hotkeynet its more than good - i can start playing new team in 1 min, without any macro use. and without focus change the leader

2. F-keys can be broke, you are right again) And i have solution for this. I wrote this in my article. If say shortly, after error or something else you see new order of party members, then press Ctrl+Esc and write in chat this new order, like 1 2 4 5 3. Press Enter and windows will rename - keys will work. Not the same as FTL, but its only solution. I didnt try to do a full feature of isboxer, but wanted get closer to it.

3. if you going in raid, you need to do macros, but only for targeting. not for all abilities and assisting as all hotkeynet users actually do. you can copy them from one account to another in game folder. And a lot of people just want to try multibox fast and without additional payment - for them this script much better than standard.

4. author of this thread can slightly change my code and use his macro. soon i will extend my article by new 10win script, and use in it system like that. it will be only 2 macros per window - its not large amount of work for setting up team).
    Last edited by Pashted : 09-26-2016 at 12:40 AM