Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default HotKeyNet and setting screen resolution

Been tinkering with the idea of having my wow windows set to a special resolution when I open em with HKN. Also would love to have the password written, and loggin button pressed when doing this. Did look around on the hotkeynet forum, but found some codes I tried out, but didnt work out too well :/

//-----------------------------------------------------------
    // SUBROUTINE TO LAUNCH AND RENAME A COPY OF WOW.
    <Command LaunchAndRename>
    <SendPC %1%>
    <Run %2%>
    <RenameTargetWin %3%>

// HOTKEY TO LAUNCH AND RENAME YOUR WOW WINDOWS
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl L>
    <LaunchAndRename Local "c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" WoW1>
    <LaunchAndRename Local "c:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" WoW2>
    <LaunchAndRename 192.168.10.100 "c:\WoW\WoW\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" WoW3>
    <LaunchAndRename 192.168.10.100 "c:\WoW\WoW\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" WoW4>
    // DEFINE A MAIL LABEL FOR EACH WOW
    <Label w1 Local SendWinM WoW1>
    <Label w2 Local SendWinM WoW2>
    <Label w3 192.168.10.100 SendWinM WoW3>
    <Label w4 192.168.10.100 SendWinM WoW4>
    // DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
    // SENT TO ALL FOUR WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Space, A-Z, NumPad0-NumPad9, Plus, Minus, 0-9, F1-F12 except W, A, S, D, R, Z, X, C, B, L, T, G; ScrollLockOn Shift AllMainKeys;>
    <SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4>
    <Key %Trigger%>

This is probably the relevant part of my script. What Id like to do is make the script resize my 2 wow windows on local PC, and make em set to 1200 x 980, on top of each other. To my second PC, id love to have em both on 382 x 500, one with an anchor from the top left corner, and the other window right beneath the top window.

Anyone with decent exp with HKN able to throw a few tips my way?

Nikita

You'll need a resize and position command for setting the size and location of the windows. Here's mine, you'll have to make adjustments for the second computer since I do 5 on 1 with 2 monitors -

Code:
    //----------------------------------------------------------
    // 	WoW RESIZE AND POSITION

<Command ResizeAndPosition>
    	<SendPC Local>
    		<SendWinM %1%>
    			<SetWinRect 0 0 1920 1050>              
    		<SendWinM %2%>
    			<SetWinRect 1920 0 640 360>
    		<SendWinM %3%>
    			<SetWinRect 1920 360 480 270>     
    		<SendWinM %4%>
    			<SetWinRect 2400 360 480 270>
    		<SendWinM %5%>
    			<SetWinRect 1920 630 480 270>
    The first set of numbers is the screen position where the top left corner of the window sits. The second set of numbers is the size of the window. So window one starts at 0, 0 and is 1920*1050 {takes up my whole main screen}. The second window is at 1920, 0 which is the top left corner of my second screen and is 640*360. Third window is just below the second and is 480*270, 4th window is next to the third and is 480*270 and the 5th window is directly below the 3rd.

Adding the password is easy, you just need to tack it into the LaunchAndRename. First go back to where you define the command for LaunchAndRename and add a few things -

Code:
    // 	WoW LAUNCH AND RENAME

<Command LaunchAndRename>
    <SendPC %1%>
    <Run %2%>
    <RenameTargetWin %3%>
    <RemoveWinFrame>
    <wait 500>
    <text %4%>
    I use RemoveWinFrame to get rid of the border around each of the windows. I have a short wait command to give time for the cursor to register, but you probably don't need it. Then add another argument for the password text.

Then go back into your launch hotkey. Add the password after the window rename argument. Then add the new ResizeAndPosistion command at the end, defining the order of the windows.

Code:
    // 	WoW *5 LAUNCH HOTKEY 

<Hotkey LCtrl  LAlt w>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW1>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW1 PASSWORD>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW2>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Healer\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW2 PASSWORD>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW3>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Slaves\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW3 PASSWORD>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW4>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Slaves\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW4 PASSWORD>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW5>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Slaves\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW5 PASSWORD>
    		<endif>
    <ResizeAndPosition WoW1 WoW2 WoW3 WoW4 WoW5>
    As far as also pressing the login button, it can be done, but I prefer not to because of the authenticator or in case there are game updates that I need to download. I always log my main in first to see if I'm "clear" to log straight in. If so, I just toggle passing all keys and hit the Enter key to log the rest in.

At any rate, if you really want to automatically log in, just add a short wait and then the enter key to the LaunchAndRename. No arguments needed, just tack it on -

Code:
    // 	WoW *5 LAUNCH HOTKEY 
    <Hotkey LCtrl  LAlt w>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW1>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW1 PASSWORD>
    			<wait 500>
    			<Key Enter>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW2>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Healer\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW2 PASSWORD>
    			<wait 500>
    			<Key Enter>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW3>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Slaves\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW3 PASSWORD>
    			<wait 500>
    			<Key Enter>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW4>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Slaves\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW4 PASSWORD>
    			<wait 500>
    			<Key Enter>
    		<endif>
    	<if WinDoesNotExist WoW5>
    		<LaunchAndRename Local "G:\WoW - Slaves\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe" WoW5 PASSWORD>
    			<wait 500>
    			<Key Enter>
    		<endif>

On a side note, you can also reuse the ResizeAndPosistion command to swap windows for simple things, like checking inventory or writing macros. Just change the order in which the windows are laid out -

Code:
    //				WINDOW SWAPPING
    //*	 Window Swapping
    <Hotkey RCtrl  RAlt NumPad1>

<Hotkey RCtrl  RAlt NumPad2>
    	<ResizeAndPosition WoW2 WoW1 WoW3 WoW4 WoW5>

<Hotkey RCtrl  RAlt NumPad3>
    	<ResizeAndPosition WoW3 WoW2 WoW1 WoW4 WoW5>

<Hotkey RCtrl  RAlt NumPad4>
    	<ResizeAndPosition WoW4 WoW2 WoW3 WoW1 WoW5>

<Hotkey RCtrl  RAlt NumPad5>
    	<ResizeAndPosition WoW5 WoW2 WoW3 WoW4 WoW1>
    RCtrl RAlt NumPad1 is the normal layout, RCtrl RAlt NumPad2 swaps window 2 and window 1's position and so on. It won't work for true FTL swapping, for that you'll need to set up templates to change the leader {see olpics HKN FTL guide}, but it's very useful for when you just need to dig through bags or other non-combat stuff.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Gotta love this community appreciate the fast response Khatovar. Gonna try this when I get home from work!

Hope it works. I've not done multiple computers, so some things might require extra tweaking, but that's all directly from my scripts and I've had no problems with em.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Got it working like a charm. Quick question thou:

Should I just input my slaves name in order for HKN to select the right account?

My accounts are named WoW1, WoW2, WoW3, WoW4 etc

You mean for the dropdown? Unless you run out of multiple folders so you have individual config.wtf files for each account, you'll have to select it manually from the dropdown menu. Well, I know you can write the script to do it for you, I've done similar with HKN for other stuff, but frankly it's a lot of work if you can just run multiple folders.

I just set up the multiple folders via Symlinks {on Data and Interface} and use the launchers out of the individual folders so they each pull their own config.wtf and I don't have to touch the dropdown.

Allright, ill just manualy select it in the drop down menu Ty for the quick reply.

Hey can you post your whole script that you have for wow please. I need it mostly because the the resize and positioning doesn't work for me and i need help with it but if you could just put your whole script in there i could just copy it all and be good. sorry for posting sooooooooo late too

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai711 View Post
    Hey can you post your whole script that you have for wow please. I need it mostly because the the resize and positioning doesn't work for me and i need help with it but if you could just put your whole script in there i could just copy it all and be good. sorry for posting sooooooooo late too
    It is highly unlikely that someone from a 4+ year-old thread, and whom hasn't visited the site in over 2 years is going to come back to post their HKN script for you. Do not necro threads—create a new thread with your question.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology