Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

Question Mosg, Need some of your guidance here please sir...

ok so start here:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...l=1#post313336

Im rolling a small low level team right now. And well, short version is, I dont really like this method anymore.

Is it possible to use Grid, a Repeater Region, and individual ClickBars with (click through) checked, and be a click heals from any window?

I set it up just like that once, but I ran into glitches.

Loading the team the first time... controlling the tank, clicking on the tank grid location = healer heals the tank.
    Target a mob, dps, win.
    Next time I need to heal, the healer only heals himself, and from there on out... whether I click tank, dps, or the healer, only the healer heals himself. = FAIL Team dead. Do not pass Go. Wiped on first boss in RFC... /facepalm Noob

If I swap screens, SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+G, then click on the repeater region to bring it to the front of the click bars and the grid, click save AUTO, and window back to the tank (or any other dps for that matter)... it works again... = WIN... BUT only once... then its back to FAIL.

Objective.Click a Grid location for the healer to heal that toon, from any team member window.

Currently, I am using the method described above... I.e. Grid, with repeater region on, using a mouseover macro heal keybound and key mapped to F2. Its effective and is WIN. But the two handed healing is disallowing me from my dps spam, and stops dps and threat gens to press the F2 key.

Frustrated, knowing the solution is right in front of my face, I logged out last night and said to myself... "I need Mosg"

Thanks in advance.
    (You're the man)

Apps

Why not add clique to the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    Why not add clique to the mix?
    hmm. Never used that. Its a WoW addon right?

Clique converts your mouseclicks into healing. Like, left click is Flash Heal, right click Cleanse, mouse wheel down is Earth Shield etc.

1. Install Clique.

2. Ensure that Instant Swapping is enabled in your layout so that your mouse repeater region is synchronized across screens.

3. Make a repeater region for each of your alts which ONLY passes the mouse movement and clicks to your healer.

4. Use Clique to bind the different mouse clicks to the heals you like.

5. Profit.

Just make sure you save the mouse repeater region as Auto on each of your slaves so you don't have to reset them. Good idea to set the regions up to block the clicks from the window you're in, too--You don't want your slaves to randomly do stupid stuff

Edit: You might also consider using a focus healing setup if you want it to be even more one-button-ish. You can make a macro like:

/castsequence [@focus,exists,nodead,help] Holy Shock, Flash Heal, Flash Heal, Flash Heal
    /cast [@focus,exists,nodead,help] Word of Glory

And then just set it up in Clique so that when you left click on a unit frame it sets them as the focus for your healer. Then the healer will mindlessly spam heals. You could even get fancy and set up TWO macros--One for fast healing throughput like this and one with Holy Light for light topping off heals and use two different keymaps to alternate between the two.
    Last edited by Mosg2 : 04-12-2012 at 09:29 AM
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Great, ty.

Ive not heard of Clique before now. Have I been missing out? Sounds like it.

Yes, right now I currently have the old setup in motion. Grid with Repeater Region (each toon saved to Auto), and of course the mouse and its clicks are passed through.

Question: #3 above.. I do not believe Ive done this one before. Is it in the SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+G menu to locate and "ONLY pass mouse movement to healer" or is this function in ISBoxer main window?

I actually tried to use Focus healing but I think I had the "nodead" as "[help]" perhaps the macros I was trying to use were old and non-functional to the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post

Edit: You might also consider using a focus healing setup if you want it to be even more one-button-ish. You can make a macro like:

you know me well.

Thanks much. Apps

One of the options when you set up a repeater region is to block clicks in the window you have focused. It's in the ISBoxer ingame GUI.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Correct. now I remember seeing that. I thought you were doing something funny with the activate keystroke when enter or exit.

thanks again boss.

Update: 4/13/12

Clique = pure win. I feel a little smarter, and yet realize how dumb I was not having it. Irony.
    Last edited by Apps : 04-13-2012 at 09:21 AM

Blog Entries

Apps, for something simpler to use than repeater regions, or click bars, I personally like to use a keystroke and mouse passed video feed of my healers bars. Bonus points for those bars being set up in grid with the icon set to show things like my main heal-over-time. (you still use clique)

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Apps, for something simpler to use than repeater regions, or click bars, I personally like to use a keystroke and mouse passed video feed of my healers bars. Bonus points for those bars being set up in grid with the icon set to show things like my main heal-over-time. (you still use clique)

Right! Thats a very good solid method. If you click on the link in my original post up top there, and read that thread, thats 100% what I was doing. Grid set up, with repeater region over top. mouseover macro for the healers, keybound to a key thats setup and mapped from ISBoxer, and thus controllable from any window.

I just mouse over the RR area of Grid, and press my keybind.

the issue is, I might be a little lazy, or I might be fine tuning my D's per S's. I didnt like using two hands to do one thing, because it takes valuable seconds off of rotations and missed time of GCD. I.e. Right hand mouses, left hand press key.

Adding in Clique, and removing the mouseover macro for healing worked perfectly. One hand mouses, clicks.. meanwhile my left hand still keeps the dps rolling no missed seconds of GCD not in use.