Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Almost done with first part!

Got 4 accounts with 10 chars at 80 or above (1 of each class), working on account number 5 now. Wasn't easy at all, considering it was all done in about 5 weeks.
    I think the next part is going to be even harder, 80-85 on all of them. Going to take it a bit slower on that. Also gold is kinda getting low with just riding skill alone for 40 chars.

Any advice on how to go on with the second part?
    The grind spot in Deepholm will probably be a good place to start, but i'm pretty sure I won't be able to do that for all characters without losing my mind
    So looking for a good leveling strategy, which is as boxer friendly as possible obviously.
    Are there any quests guides for boxers?

If you're going to quest, you're pretty much stuck doing every quest. It's way too linear of a system to pick and choose easy quests. Questing works, but in some respects its pretty tedious. 80-82 shouldn't take you long, but after that it starts to take longer. Expect to spend about double, maybe triple of the amount of time it would take you to level a character 80-85 solo. I would steer clear of Vashjir and do Hyjal.
    I know some people like grinding, but there's no way I could stomach it.
    Another alternative you have is PvP. Which I guess is a longer, but maybe more enjoyable way to get to 85. AV weekend coming up this weekend. Might be worth a shot.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

My locks/mage and shammy newest set is almost 82, got hunters next from 80 onwards to do too, I am 4 bars off 82 then going to deepholm /sigh again for the 10th million time.
    This batch is levelling by questing, last lost with quests + alot of BGS and dungeons.

Ive been in Hyjal and had to stop for maybe 3-5 hrs in total during the levelling from 80 to almost 82 due to the mass pvp thats been going on out here for days or longer. Thats been a hell of alot of fun I must admit, even tho was a side track lol.

Quests suck, well after you have done them alot, they do, especially because we cannot pick what ones, you need to do most of them, especially collection quests are the worst.

Blog Entries

If you can find a place where you can mindlessly grind.
    Preferably via a one button mash...
    Without much attention on the game, but enough to respond to a GM tell if you get one.
    And have a tv/dvd player, in the same room.
    That's an option (on a PvE server).
    I've farmed (and watched the entire series of several shows, most recently a Battlestar Galactica marathon)...

I'd say questing will be the fastest method to level.
    If you were to pick a single method to use.
    Especially if you go with any of the quest stacking guides.
    The Jaime guides are free for both factions; I personally use the Zygor Guides, with an in-game addon and arrow pointing where to go.
    Collections suck, and Cataclysm quests are quite linear, although something like Zygor's is good for every other expansion...

But if you're doing several teams, one after the other, then you might be better off mixing it up.

You can bounce between teams, so you always have rested.
    That should halve the entire process, give or take.

Any composition that is PvE worthy, will let you run dungeons.
    If you have a Tank + Healer + 3x DPS, you can level via Dungeon Finder.

When your toons are 83-84, they'll do fairly well in PvP too.
    Especially if you have a lot of the Cataclysm greens across the team.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Avoid Vash with every character you have, nothing good comes of going there.

I still have a few teams to take from 81-85 and my plan is essentially do a zone with one team, then next, then next over and over. Will get repetetive doing the same quests so many times in a row but should also go faster each time as you don't need to think back to where to go or what to do in the same way you might if you went through 3-4 zones with a team before switching to the next set

Man, I've been leveling up all the random toons on my main account for the past month or so because... well, I'm bored and thought it would be a good idea to waste time on that. 5 toons through every single Cata zone so far.

I've got one more to level up. She's 57, which thrills me, because it means I get to do BC and Wrath. But then I think about going through Cata again and I want to stab myself in the face with a dirty fork.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

I really liked the story in Vash'ir.
    But only did the zone with Ferals Druids.
    Although any spec will have Aquatic Form, and can add the Minor Glyph for faster swimming in that form.

Ferals actually leveled faster than any other comp I've ever run.
    The heals from Leader of the Pack, were essentially everything that was needed except for 'testing' the team against level +1 elites, without using the quest item that weakens the mob; the only one they failed to down was Baron Geddon, in Hyjal.

My macro was pretty basic: Mangle, Rake, Mangle, Mangle, Rip.
    With four moves, and then the finisher...
    And a 100% chance of two combo points on a crit.
    Meaning five combo points if one of the four moves crit, or four combo points if none of them did.
    And a 20% chance per combo point, for the next nature spell to be an insta-cast...
    That worked out to slightly better than a 97% chance of having the instant cast up for each druid.
    The only click heal I used was Regrowth, but I had Rebirth ready too.

Basically alternate the macro and interact with target.

A pretty easy team to run.

If you've got 5x everything...

Compositions will be a decision.
    And leveling compositions aren't necessarily what you'll stick with once your toons are at maximum level.

Any instance group will want a tank and healer capable toon.
    Even if you run that group as 5x DPS or whatever.
    Tanks: DK, Druid, Pally, Warrior.
    Heals: Druid, Pally, Priest, Shaman.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Only druid and priest left to level up (using a 85 to boost them).
    So to sum it all up, quest stacking is fastest and I should try a guide like Zygor for it.
    Gonna give it a go. Thanks for the tip!