Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Account Got Hacked - Will be AFK

My account got hacked - they took everything from most of my characters, banks, and inventory.
    Not sure how they got my password, but I scanned the shit out of my computer and it turned up nothing.

No, I was not using an authenticator. I used to, but got tired of typing it 5x (2:30 minute logins yuck)
    I was actually thinking about adding it back since it is no longer a pain.
    Sigh, I have it added now.

In any case, I reset all my passwords from a virgin machine.
    While I wait for everything to be restored, I am going to be AFK for a bit.

Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Ya, there was an update at one time where once you log in with using your authenticator, and you always use that computer, you wont be asked to re-enter it. That was a while ago.

I would be VERY wary about not finding anything. Obviously there is some keylogger on your system. I wouldnt resume my accounts until its found or the system is wiped, reformatted, and known fresh. Even with an authenticator.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    No, I was not using an authenticator. I used to, but got tired of typing it 5x (2:30 minute logins yuck)
    I was actually thinking about adding it back since it is no longer a pain.
    Sigh, I have it added now.
    Like Apps said, with their new "authenticator memory" it's much easier, but you do have to turn on key broadcasts, type in your password, turn off broadcasts, type in the auth. code, turn on broadcast, cancel the login attempt on all your slaves, wait for your main to log in, click on the password field in your slaves, type in your pw again, then finally log in with all your slaves. It's a bit more involved, but it's not 2:30 login anymore at least...
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

oh, I dont even do that anymore Peli.

I log into wow, without a multiplexer first.... use the Authenticator. click on a NPC... log out and exit.

When I launch my team from my ISBoxer shorcut,... all I do it key broadcast... type password... enter. Done. It takes about 10 seconds.

After you use the authenticator once... you never have to use it again to log in from the same computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    oh, I dont even do that anymore Peli.

I log into wow, without a multiplexer first.... use the Authenticator. click on a NPC... log out and exit.

When I launch my team from my ISBoxer shorcut,... all I do it key broadcast... type password... enter. Done. It takes about 10 seconds.

After you use the authenticator once... you never have to use it again to log in from the same computer.
    That may be the case if you have a static IP, but for me I usually have to re-enter an authenticator key every time I restart or my internet connection goes down. But your process basically accomplishes the same thing as my process, but it requires you to open up an additional instance of WoW.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

I saw my friend playing WoW a couple weeks ago, which was weird because he hasn't played in over a year.

It turns out he was hacked, they somehow turned his account into a trial account or added game time somehow. I mention this because of all the talk about keyloggers, since he hadn't been playing WoW for over a year the hackers did not find his account info that way.

Blog Entries

I get asked for my authenticator code periodically.
    Typically once a week.

Usually when I'm doing something that is atypical.
    Or when I haven't logged in for a while.

All five accounts had to do that, after the Pally/DK's transfered to Magtheridon.

If I haven't been using my auction toon for a while, and then log in solo.
    That will usually require an authenticator.

If I take a week off from the game.
    I usually need the authenticator again.
    I logged the trade toon in solo, needed the authenticator for that account.
    And then logged the team in a bit later, and needed it for the other four accounts but not the recently authenticated account.

It's fairly random.
    But it's also very infrequent.
    This is from the same computer, with the same IP address, every time.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...ticator-faq#q6

The Authenticator system will now intelligently track your login locations, and if you are logging in consistently from the same location, you may not be asked for an authenticator code. This change was made to make the authenticator process less intrusive when we are sure the person logging in to your account is you.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Does ISBoxer not allow you to log in one toon at a time? I always simply log in my main first. If I get prompted, I enter my Auth code. If not, I load in the slaves.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Does ISBoxer not allow you to log in one toon at a time? I always simply log in my main first. If I get prompted, I enter my Auth code. If not, I load in the slaves.
    That's exactly what I do, too. I type in the password on all of them and then test the authenticator waters with the main account first.