Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    From what I've read, a big 2-Hander will be bigger numbers on Obliterate and more anti-healing on Necrotic Strikes.
    As a DW you don't use obliterate, meaning that your rotation is limited to necrotic strike & howling blast, and dumping runic power with frost strikes. It means that you can get up more necrotic strikes while dual wielding since obliterate consumes both a frost and an unholy rune. The height of your necrotic strike (i.e. the healing absorb you put on your opponent equals 70% of your attack power). There is - depending on your weapons obviously - little difference between dw & 1H total attack power you get. It's all about the amount of necrotic strikes you can do, where dw clearly wins it from 1H.

From a single player perspective: I started with the 397 1h this season, and in 2s I had problems with killing priests. Switched to dual wielding, and they are no longer an issue. In 3s I prefer the 2H however, as I feel it's much more pressure overall.

But much depends on the pve weapon & trinkets you can obtain. If you have apparatus you definitely want to dual wield, if you have the deathwing weapon you obviously want to 1h.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

I'm not talking PvE at all here.

I two rotations.

The first is:
    - Howling Blast
    - Frost Strike
    - Necrotic Strike
    - Death Coil

The DC can be toggled on and off.
    I know Frost Strike is a lot more damage, for a Frost DK (who has prioritized Mastery)... but Death Coil can hit a target out of melee.

The second sequence is:
    - Obliterate
    - Frost Strike

When its a single target (usually the other sides Captain/General), and they're in melee range...
    Obliterate seems to down them faster.
    Against players, its almost always the Howling Blast sequence... unless its Obliterate with Hungering Cold.

I do have several dual-wield and Obliterate related talents/glyphs.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Uhm ... don't think anyone was talking pve since the use of necrotic strike ...
    long story short: both dw & 1H are good, go with what you find most fun cq what weapons you have. 1 think for sure, if you go DW don't use obliterate and spec out of those talents.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Frost = DW
    Unholy = 2H
    Blood = 2H

Frost 2H is not really viable unless your gear predicts it. If you got equal iLVL weapons then DW is a must, in case of an insane 2H (gurthulak comes to mind) then it might be preferable until you can pick up your 2 1-handers of equal level.
    EU-boxer on Executus.

For 3's you want 2h, for 5's or rbgs you want dual wield.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P