Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default RaF thread on WoW(US) Forums

So I decided to start a thread in the general forums of the US World of Warcraft forums. It is here(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254517127#1)

If you wanna support it, cool, go ahead. If not, I'd like to hear constructive ways I could change my post to seem more inviting to blizzard. Obviously I don't expect this to be implemented, but it never hurts to suggest I suppose. Let me know what you think!

Here's my post in quote for all of you who cannot see it due to work, etc.

Everyone loves recruit a friend! I can't say I know one person that doesn't.

Why is recruit a friend kind of a pain? It lasts 3 months. Now 3 months is a long time to level a lot of characters, but the problem is its really easy to get burned out on leveling after the first two or three characters, especially now that the RaF cap is 80. Not only that, but lets say you level up 8 characters, then later decide you want to change servers. You're not going to want to transfer all of them(probably just the most geared), but you're still going to want to play multiple classes.

I wanted to first start out by saying that making recruit a friend last til 80 is/was one of the coolest things Blizzard added to the Recruit a Friend experience. However, I think there's one way you could improve this system.

As it stands, for someone like me who wishes to level alts by myself, not with another player, I have to add another account to my battle.net account which is no real big deal. The problem is, after so many years of the Recruit a Friend system, someone like me, who loves leveling characters, but gets easily burnt out, I end up with two full battle.net accounts full of accounts. I would suggest that you guys sell Recruit a Friend access to already existing accounts. What problems would this solve?

1. It would reduce the amount of accounts being created like people like me, who end up with upwards of 15 accounts(I'm also a multiboxer, so that's honestly why I have so many, I never have more than 3 subscribed at any point in time).
    2. You guys could make a lot of money off of it. To get recruit a friend access to level 80, one must purchase the Battle Chest($20) and at least WotLK($30), but most will purchase cataclysm($40) and rightfully so. I recently just made 2 new accounts and bought all the way to cata, and with the savings from buying all keys at once, saved like 20 bucks or something like that. You could easily charge 50+ dollars for this service to pre-existing accounts.

I personally would pay 50 dollars(maybe even more) to get recruit a friend on one or more of my pre-existing accounts. Not only would it save money on transferring lesser geared alts for me, but you guys would be making plenty of bank as well as saving space on your servers for more and more battle.net accounts.

Just my 2 cents. I think this would be a great thing for you guys to sell, I'm assuming it would be a rather easy service to create, and it would make plenty of us with multiple accounts very happy.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Hope yours gets more exposure than this one:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/45434-New-RAF-Option-Proposal
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-24-2012 at 10:49 PM Reason: I'm An Idiot

I should have guessed someone already tried to create a thread such as this. I'll find shameless ways to bump it to create more exposure if possible.
    I triple box on Arthas(US-PvP) and Magtheridon(US-PvP)
    I also have solo toons on Turalyon(my main raider) and Destromath

Blizzard will just say that it's intended for new players coming to the game, not for people wanting to level alts, even though that's what everyone uses it for. Imo, give the 3x XP to accounts for 3 months that are involved in a scroll of ressurection. You let your account go inactive for a month, then recruit it back and get a few months fast xp. This solves the mass amount of accounts problem, but you just won't be able to do it consecutively on the same account, will have to wait in between.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer