Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Hybrid View

Default Balance druid macros?

Hey.
    I've been using my druid as a balance druid lately, and been using Aragent's macros with isboxer to macro my druids dps rotation...
    I like my druid as a resto druid, but atm im using priests as healers. My shamans is all good tho when it comes to their rotations (@ around 16-18k dps), but my druid is only doing 11k wich is really annoying. (all done on the training dummy with 17% hit) Im not really good at tweaking my macros (especially when i didnt make them myself).

So I was wondering if anyone has any good dps rotation for balance druids prior to 4,3?

Prior to 4.3?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Balance is the worst rotation to multibox right now. In order to even get a cast sequence to work, you have to forgo the sunfire talent (which is a decrease in dps by doing so). You'll also need a macro lengthening addon (super duper macro ftw)

It sucks because I <3 balance.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    You'll also need a macro lengthening addon (super duper macro ftw)
    Is that the name of the addon? I could really use this.

For balance you can Take the sunfire talent you just have to focus more on the dots.

First IF you decide to take the sunfire talent on your main you need to turn on all debuffs. This is done in Interface > Unit frames (I think). It is usually easier to do this on all your toons in case the main one dies and you can't brez him/her.

Second Put Moonfire on its own key say "1". When you see that moonfire has expired on the target OR Jamba tells you that Xtoon has solar Eclipse then press "1" and refresh the dot.

Beyond that:

/castsequence Insect Swarm, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Insect Swarm, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Insect Swarm, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire, Starfire

Is great for DPS as long as you remember too manually put Moonfire back on the target. This macro does not contain any moonfire's and it has an additional wrath and starfire built in to cover for the extra GCD so you dont Clip IS.

Blog Entries

I'm using the two-step from the one of the sticky macro threads.
    It might not be totally optimal, but it works and takes the toon entirely through the Eclipse cycle.

As mentioned by EatCarbs, if you talent into Sunfire... this macro will not work.

Macro 1:
    /castsequence Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath, Wrath, Wrath,Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire ,Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire ,Starfire

Macro 2:
    /cast [noform] Moonkin Form
    /castsequence Starsurge,Starsurge
    /use 13
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I'm using the two-step from the one of the sticky macro threads.
    It might not be totally optimal, but it works and takes the toon entirely through the Eclipse cycle.

As mentioned by EatCarbs, if you talent into Sunfire... this macro will not work.

Macro 1:
    /castsequence Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath, Wrath, Wrath,Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Wrath,Wrath,Wrath,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire ,Moonfire,Insect Swarm,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire,Starfire ,Starfire

Macro 2:
    /cast [noform] Moonkin Form
    /castsequence Starsurge,Starsurge
    /use 13
    Not sure why, but now after some testing these two macros works better than what i had earlier and tried to tweak...
    Ty Ualaa/carbs.

Since im multiboxing different classes and all 10 chars... Its too much to look for so the best for me would be some spammable macros, but ty too traedoril for your alternative.