Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Looking to set up one of my box shamans as a healer. Tutorial on how to do this with is boxer any where?

What is the best way to go about seting up one of a 5 box shaman team as a healer? I cant seem to find the isboxer click stuff to do it. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

Blog Entries

My favorite way at this point is doing a video feed of the healers bars with mouse transfer. I used to use repeater regions but I like this a lot better. CtrlShiftAlt G is the default way to pull up the feed configurations. Make the feed on your healer first (and name it something other than just hisher name).

One hint: if you're using a standard 1 big, 4 small setup, make the grid/party frames on the healer twice the size you want to see them and then feed it into a box half the size. This helps with the "I hate how my bars are all blurry" problem that you get if you are running your healer at 1/4 the size and you try to blow up her bars to full size on a feed.

Cool. I will try it. I had all ways just used hot keys to heal my groups, but it is kind of inefficient. Trying to work out a better way. Im trying to find away that will not require me to switch to grid for my unit frames. The tutorials that i can find seem dated and require such. I will need to seek out some on the videofx. I am not entirely certain on what that is or even does.

Blog Entries

Actually, if you do a video feed you don't have to use grid (although I do).

A video feed shows the actual frame from the healer so however he has it set up is fine.

The place where you need grid is if you're doing repeater regions, then you need all of your toons to be displayed in the same order for both the healer and the master.

Hotkeys are less than fantastically efficient, being able to click heal like you would manually is better. Having a rotation that mostly just keeps up the whole group on its own with no thought is my favorite of all!

So far the healing is easy enough I have not needed any click healing. I use a cast sequence on my healer to keep the tank up, and then a separate button to spam for 4x chain heal to heal everyone.

I do use the video feed thing for the decursive addon though. That is an absolute necessity for me.