Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default [WoW] Suggestions how I can raid with a group of 4 if my guild does not raid?

I've never done any raiding, but it seems majorly complex, is it easy to get into a raid with a multibox team and be accepted, or should I prepare for the worst in responses?

And please don't say "change guilds", I'm in an adult guild of friends.

Thanks

if your referring to PUG Raid, then most likely No you wont get in as a multiboxer.
    You can however queue and do looking for raid, alot of boxers do that, very few multibox some bosses in a normal raid.

I suggest you do LFR and use your main to pug raids solo.

Or recruit more people in the guild to raid, for first timers, new comers

4 out of 5 times when I do LFR with 3 x elemental shamans things are great. People even stick up for me sometimes, partly because they are getting used to boxers and partly because I try hard to be polite and my dps is always in the top 10.

But every once in awhile there are the haters and you end up being vote kicked even if your dps is good and you did nothing wrong.

As far as raiding with your guild as a boxer. It will be tough as its usually not dps that guilds need so putting 5 of you in there isnt helping.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    But every once in awhile there are the haters and you end up being vote kicked even if your dps is good and you did nothing wrong.
    When that started happening to me, I would vote for the guy who was being a dick. Most people will just click yes and the odds are good that he'll get the boot too
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I find the limits of raiding in guild is mechanics of the fights being tougher on boxers. Splitting one out to run off with a debuff, splitting into two groups to handle a specific mechanic or getting following toons stuck or dragged through stuff lead toon can quickly get out of. Some LFR's are same, but fewer tough mechanics there. Example of Morchok on heroic splitting into two. LFR and reg would be fine but would require your whole team on one boss and that can limit for buffs. Good luck raiding while boxing, can be done but requires some understanding from your raid friends. Strangers won't understand in many cases as has been discussed.

EDIT: I'd recommend a BH run first as mechanics are pretty straightforward there for boxers.

I do LFR and BH on my five man team every week (blood dk, Holy Priest, Ret Pally, Destro Lock, Survival Hunter). Once you understand the mechanics of the fight its actually really easy. (I spend alot of time driving from my ret because they suck for boxing).

BH is so easy as a boxer its ridiculous, when she bladestorms hit your follow key and run. Learn that fight as a boxer and the rest will follow soon after.

I haven't yet taken my 5 man team into LFR, but I have taken 3 of them at a time. If this is your first raid, take one character and queue up. The mechanics in LFR are quite simple and any problems you have can be solved by a visit to WoWhead. Most of the hate I have received come when my dps don't pull a respectable their weight. As time has gone by, this is no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasivian View Post
    I've never done any raiding, but it seems majorly complex, is it easy to get into a raid with a multibox team and be accepted, or should I prepare for the worst in responses?

And please don't say "change guilds", I'm in an adult guild of friends.

Thanks

1. Raid with other boxers

2. Make your own raids, and PUG people from your guild, or non guild

3. Its not likely you will get in a guild run, if there are 10 people online, and you are 4 accounts, the Raid Leader is more apt to invite 9 people.. not 9 characters. Its just not good PR as a Raid Leader to invite a boxer, and have 3 people sit out. It doesn't look good. they know that, and I think you do too. I personally wouldn't pursue this. You're just gonna create animosity between the other guild members and you... potentially other boxers as well. Definitely not worth the hassle.

When you become a boxer, you are accepting the affects of isolating yourself from the regular gamer. Running with CLOSE friends works. Real life friends works. Other boxers works. But attempting to be "by yourself" and still be treated like everyone else... well, Cake and eat it too... sorry boss.

I occasionally multi-box raid (I don't count LFR as actual raiding, but I 3-5 box LFR every week).

Here's the thing that you won't really understand until you do it: Playing a single character in DS or any other raid isn't that hard. We tend to make it harder than it really is. The special challenge that you face as a multi-boxer is the randomness of playing with others. Generally for heroics and elsewhere I find multi-boxing alone quite relaxing, but once you introduce at least 1 other person can dramatically increase your stress because unexpected things start to happen. So, as a starting point, I would work on raiding with 1 toon, and then as opportunities open up you can try adding more.

Also, I fully agree with Apps above. When you multi-box in a guild raid, nobody wins. It's a short path to drama.