Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Default What about MoP pvp excites you?

I figured since we are a month away and the coming patch changes talents and such this might be a good time to discuss exactly what you are looking forward to.

Personally I'm looking forward to the amount of different viable 3's compositions as well as doing my first real multi-class 5's team.

The changes to rets, warriors and enhance shaman all have me very excited. As well as the proposition of actually leading a team from a hunter now that you can effectively DPS from up close if necessary.

I'm also decently excited as the viability of elemental shaman purist 5's teams are going to come back pretty hard.

It's just going to be a lot of fun to me to be able to actually have a decent shot at running legitimate 3's team comps at close to maximum efficiency.

What specific class changes are you looking forward to most?
    Any teams you are really looking forward to playing?
    Are you happy PVE will have less impact on PVP success?
    Looking forward to the new bgs? Ability to blacklist SoTA?!
    Name anything
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

4x Ele shaman synergy:

- raid wide hand of freedom x4 (60s cd so each 15s)
    - stormlash totem: raid wide cd that increase everyone's damage
    - fire elementals usable in arena, and empowered versions of them
    - earth elemental usable with a long stun
    - 3s grounding on round robin
    - 4 instant hexes or greater healing waves on a 1min CD
    - ancestral guidance: 40% of dps gets turned into aoe healing for 10s, on a 2min cd (so each 30s you can do incredible healing as a 4 shaman boxer)
    - sick burst with ascendance (if you chose the 4p resto set you get an aura mastery on top of that)
    - thunderstorm on a halved cd if you grab the 4p ele gear
    - nature's guardian: passive battlemaster trinket each 30s
    - windshear now locks out for 3s, still best interrupt in the game

ele shaman solo blows (lack of defensive abilities, since the one they have are really cumbersome as they eat too many gcd's)
    but ele shaman stacked is absolutely sick
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    4x Ele shaman synergy:

- raid wide hand of freedom x4 (60s cd so each 15s)
    - stormlash totem: raid wide cd that increase everyone's damage
    - fire elementals usable in arena, and empowered versions of them
    - earth elemental usable with a long stun
    - 3s grounding on round robin
    - ancestral guidance: 40% of dps gets turned into aoe healing for 10s, on a 2min cd (so each 30s you can do incredible healing as a 4 shaman boxer)
    - sick burst with ascendance (if you chose the 4p resto set you get an aura mastery on top of that)
    - thunderstorm on a halved cd if you grab the 4p ele gear
    - nature's guardian: passive battlemaster trinket each 30s
    - windshear now locks out for 3s, still best interrupt in the game

ele shaman solo blows (lack of defensive abilities, since the one they have are really cumbersome as they eat too many gcd's)
    but ele shaman stacked is absolutely sick
    3s grounding?

The same can be said about enhance shaman as well. Looks like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    3s grounding?
    Totemic Restoration

When a totem is replaced or destroyed before its duration expires naturally, its cooldown is reduced in proportion to the lost duration, up to a maximum of 50% of the full cooldown.

(wowhead is down)

Basically popping / absorb resets the cd to about 12s left on grounding. If you 4 box that means that (in theory) you'd have 3s if you round robin. That would mean that every grounding gets eaten the moment you pop it. It will require some micromanagement though unless you just want to spam it (ie. you could iterate through your cycle, where grounding is back up for 1, 3 & 4 but not for 2).
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Totemic Restoration

When a totem is replaced or destroyed before its duration expires naturally, its cooldown is reduced in proportion to the lost duration, up to a maximum of 50% of the full cooldown.

(wowhead is down)

Basically popping / absorb resets the cd to about 12s left on grounding. If you 4 box that means that (in theory) you'd have 3s if you round robin. That would mean that every grounding gets eaten the moment you pop it. It will require some micromanagement though unless you just want to spam it (ie. you could iterate through your cycle, where grounding is back up for 1, 3 & 4 but not for 2).
    Ah, thanks for the explination.

I'm excited about coming back to multiboxing overall
    But then in MoP I'm excited about:

- having a new continent.
    - creating a bunch of teams and mix and experiment.
    - griefing alliance with my horde 10 box on Tichondrius since they think they are way too cool.
    - using oqueue (http://www.solidice.com/oqueue/) to queue my teams and posibly with other cross server teams in random BGs.
    - leveling with RAF again! I love those leveling dings coming up frequently.
    - more but can't contain my excitement and can't type anymore

I'm looking forward to running a dkx4 pally/shaman team. I was late to this set up and am still improving but I really like what they have given shaman and paladins in 5.01. So much so that I'm going to pick up a fifth account and try to get it boosted in time for the patch!

looking forward to less linear quests, more complexity, more gnomes, less sleep, more shouting from the wife, trouble at work, kids crying. But it's all right, I've just discovered carbon based lifeforms. Does anyone here have other recommendations to this kind of music? (Solar quest is amazing)

video-game-memes-video-games-in-order-to-begin-any-journey.jpg

afaik elemental shamans dont have the greater healing wave but chainheal got buffed so it might be better then the surge if the entire team needs to be healed

and I'm also excited about 4x instant elemental blast but depends on damage

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    afaik elemental shamans dont have the greater healing wave but chainheal got buffed so it might be better then the surge if the entire team needs to be healed
    you are correct and I actually meant instant chain heal, as for healing surge: it actually heals for a big amount now - definitely while in clearcasting state

and 1 thing I forgot to add: instant earthquake is a possibility as well