Close
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Showing results 171 to 180 of 181

Would a 5 shaman boxer stand a chance vs a 5 dk boxer in MoP? Guess that's the first question that comes to mind, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 3box View Post
    Would a 5 shaman boxer stand a chance vs a 5 dk boxer in MoP? Guess that's the first question that comes to mind, for me at least.
    I'm just playing it out in my head but assuming they are aggressive:
    1. They all run in with AMS and pop cooldowns
    2. You go into extreme defensive mode (as much as that's possible with ele shaman): stone bulwark totems, 2 or more healing tides, healing rains to survive at least 10-15 seconds. You would have to either have aura mastery or trinket 5 strangulates if you didn't get passive healing down. Project the totems away from your team to prevent totem stomping or force them to turn around and/or run away to stomp them.
    3. Pop Your cooldowns, gain range and/or go into spiritwalker's grace IWT mode.
    4. Hope they die

With a separate dedicated healer it'd be a lot easier for the shaman.

If they aren't aggressive you'd need to force use of AMS or other cooldowns by pumping some damage into them.

I suspect you could also project a glyphed capacitor totem into their team from range and start going nuts.

Another trick I used to do is have a round robin thunderstorm + earthgrab totem (2 shaman each key press) - the result would be them rooted 30(ish?) yards away because earthgrab doesn't proc until landing. Then you project a capacitor totem onto them.

The more I think about all this, projected capacitor totems and round robin earthgrabs... it would be beautiful if pulled off. In practice though, a lot can go wrong and it's a lot of micro management to do, while you're always half a second away from death as elemental shaman are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    You have about 12 seconds to kill 2 people on their team or you lose basically. And you have to pop all your cooldowns in a specific order and hope to god they suck at totem stomping. It will be awesome and will take skill for sure. But lets not forget... dk skill cap to do well was very high.
    A single elemental is killing people at level 90 on beta in well under 12 seconds with Ascension. However, with five people and healing cooldowns though, a lot of factors change even with quadruple the firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    A single elemental is killing people at level 90 on beta in well under 12 seconds with Ascension. However, with five people and healing cooldowns though, a lot of factors change even with quadruple the firepower.
    CC always changes things lol.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    stormlash totem stacks btw.
    the buff does stack but you still get only one stormlash procc per spell

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    the buff does stack but you still get only one stormlash procc per spell
    I meant that you can use stormlash totem one after another, not like bloodlust.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

h ok missread that, however I played my first bg today since the patch and its going pretty well, lava burst damage seems a bit low but somehow it doesnt matter because chainlight spam +echo kills everything and somehow I dont die with healing stream/tide up, may opponents were badly geared but still impressive at the moment, almost like s8/pre cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    h ok missread that, however I played my first bg today since the patch and its going pretty well, lava burst damage seems a bit low but somehow it doesnt matter because chainlight spam +echo kills everything and somehow I dont die with healing stream/tide up, may opponents were badly geared but still impressive at the moment, almost like s8/pre cataclysm
    My DK team is currently 1 shotting people with oblit. >_>

Stuff right now damage wise will change for sure when you get to 90. Though oblit crits for 100k at 90 still lol.

How much health does a 90 geared up have?

Quote Originally Posted by roddo View Post
    How much health does a 90 geared up have?
    340-380k buffed