Close
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Showing results 141 to 150 of 181

Had the opportunity to play some arena last night on the beta as ele in 3s, with and vs players that know what they are doing. And man am I disappointed for solo play but excited for boxing them.

For solo: the damage is low after the big nerfs compared to other casters (didn't play vs boomkin). Mage kills you in 2 globals in a deep, locks have crazy mechanics (dispell UA and 2 people are half health all in a sudden). You can't cast the 40% dmg reduction talent while stunned. The new stoneclaw totem is good in theory but everyone kills it right away. Totemic projection is crap as a talent, it should be baseline. Totemic vigor adds 10% of your health to your totems, but it requires a main glyph. Ghost wolf no longer gives you guaranteed 100% run speed while slowed, you actually need to use a main glyph. Basically you would need 5 main glyphs to take what you need to be viable.

Ele shamans lost stoneclaw totem and 2 talented dmg mitigation talents, so squishy as fuck (still). Self healing is much better though, but the damage ... pff. For people not up to date: they first removed lava burst from the lvl 90 talent that would let a debuff on your target after using unleash elements. So it buffs now only LB. And then they nerfed the lava burst dmg by 25% base.

There is gonna need to be some changes to make it on par with the other casters, but I'm really considering to swap my shaman for my lock or priest in cata for solo pvp, as resto (oom) and enhance aren't in a great place either.

The thing is that it looks really good to stack ele shamans though, so for boxers I'm excited.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Had the opportunity to play some arena last night on the beta as ele in 3s, with and vs players that know what they are doing. And man am I disappointed for solo play but excited for boxing them.

For solo: the damage is low after the big nerfs compared to other casters (didn't play vs boomkin). Mage kills you in 2 globals in a deep, locks have crazy mechanics (dispell UA and 2 people are half health all in a sudden). You can't cast the 40% dmg reduction talent while stunned. The new stoneclaw totem is good in theory but everyone kills it right away. Totemic projection is crap as a talent, it should be baseline. Totemic vigor adds 10% of your health to your totems, but it requires a main glyph. Ghost wolf no longer gives you guaranteed 100% run speed while slowed, you actually need to use a main glyph. Basically you would need 5 main glyphs to take what you need to be viable.

Ele shamans lost stoneclaw totem and 2 talented dmg mitigation talents, so squishy as fuck (still). Self healing is much better though, but the damage ... pff. For people not up to date: they first removed lava burst from the lvl 90 talent that would let a debuff on your target after using unleash elements. So it buffs now only LB. And then they nerfed the lava burst dmg by 25% base.

There is gonna need to be some changes to make it on par with the other casters, but I'm really considering to swap my shaman for my lock or priest in cata for solo pvp, as resto (oom) and enhance aren't in a great place either.

The thing is that it looks really good to stack ele shamans though, so for boxers I'm excited.
    I think for solo play I'm going to finally go fotg (flavour of the game) and play mage
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Was watching Towellie's stream last night and saw an affliction lock doing 90k dps. 0.o

2nd on dps was 50 something k.

Set bonus for ele ....

(2) Set: When your Lightning Shield is triggered by receiving damage, a charge will be generated rather than consumed, up to a maximum of 3.
    (4) Set: Reduces the cooldown of your Thunderstorm spell by 50%.

45s base CD, 35s when you use the glyph becomes 22s and 12.5s

If you box 5 ele shaman you get - when glyphed - you get every 2,5s a thunderstorm ...
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

blizz will nerf it or we will become gods...

Quote Originally Posted by Emenems View Post
    blizz will nerf it or we will become gods...
    well a 10 boxer boxing ele's will have TS every 1.25s... hahaha imagine that

Set bonus for ele ....

(2) Set: When your Lightning Shield is triggered by receiving damage, a charge will be generated rather than consumed, up to a maximum of 3.
    (4) Set: Reduces the cooldown of your Thunderstorm spell by 50%.

45s base CD, 35s when you use the glyph becomes 22s and 12.5s

If you box 5 ele shaman you get - when glyphed - you get every 2,5s a thunderstorm ...
    well a 10 boxer boxing ele's will have TS every 1.25s... hahaha imagine that
    I'm very confused at this math.

How do we start with a 45s base cooldown, glyph it to 35s, and end up at 2.5 seconds or even 1.25 seconds after the 4 piece 50% CD reduction is applied?

Shouldn't it be 17.5 seconds after the 4 piece bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Was watching Towellie's stream last night and saw an affliction lock doing 90k dps. 0.o

2nd on dps was 50 something k.
    Haha, that didn't last long:

• Agony damage reduced by 25%.
    • Drain Soul mana cost halved to 1.5% plus 1.5% per sec. Base damage reduced by 25% and SP scaling reduced by 81%. If the target dies, three Soul Shards are energized. If the target is at or below 20% health when Drain Soul deals damage, it causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 100% of their normal periodic damage.
    • Haunt damage reduced by 25%.
    • Malefic Grasp base damage reduced by 50% and SP scaling reduced by 25%. Duration reduced by 33%. Every 1 sec, when Malefic Grasp deals damage, it causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 50% of their normal periodic damage.
    • Nightfall: Gives your Corruption spell a 5% chance to cause you to regain a Soul Shard, down from 10%.
    • Soulburn: Seed of Corruption: Effect removed: The Soul Shard will be refunded if the detonation is successful.
    • Unstable Affliction now does 214 + 20% of Spell Power) * 7 over 14 sec, rather than 427 + 20% of Spell Power) * 5 damage over 15 sec. Same change to damage on dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Haha, that didn't last long:

• Agony damage reduced by 25%.
    • Drain Soul mana cost halved to 1.5% plus 1.5% per sec. Base damage reduced by 25% and SP scaling reduced by 81%. If the target dies, three Soul Shards are energized. If the target is at or below 20% health when Drain Soul deals damage, it causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 100% of their normal periodic damage.
    • Haunt damage reduced by 25%.
    • Malefic Grasp base damage reduced by 50% and SP scaling reduced by 25%. Duration reduced by 33%. Every 1 sec, when Malefic Grasp deals damage, it causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 50% of their normal periodic damage.
    • Nightfall: Gives your Corruption spell a 5% chance to cause you to regain a Soul Shard, down from 10%.
    • Soulburn: Seed of Corruption: Effect removed: The Soul Shard will be refunded if the detonation is successful.
    • Unstable Affliction now does 214 + 20% of Spell Power) * 7 over 14 sec, rather than 427 + 20% of Spell Power) * 5 damage over 15 sec. Same change to damage on dispel.

Not surprised at all to see this

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I'm very confused at this math.

How do we start with a 45s base cooldown, glyph it to 35s, and end up at 2.5 seconds or even 1.25 seconds after the 4 piece 50% CD reduction is applied?

Shouldn't it be 17.5 seconds after the 4 piece bonus?
    Sorry, it was shortly after I woke up. I'm obviously assuming you use glyphed TS on round robin.

(45-10)/(2*5)=3.5s (instead of 2,5) for 5 boxers and 1.75s for 10 boxers